Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Ch. 61

Aggregator gang
100%. Like d0shie said, it's a regularly practiced attempt at playing up the interest of the third wheel and making her a more credible potential love interest. It doesn't--like most other attempts--change anything, however; this is especially because of something Shiori reflected on:

They were changing.

Yes, that's right: see, at an elementary school age, what happened before Shiori and Jirou parted ways would make sense (in fact, Jirou's action would be somewhat exceptionally bold); but they'd gotten older by the time of that parting--and were just about to enter high school. That excuse has long faded, because they'd both aged (a lot can happen to spur growth in just those few years, as Shiori recalled--and, in keeping with that, it doesn't have to be something good) and matured to some degree.

Or, at least, Jirou did. Jirou, despite his overwhelming feelings, did what a male is expected to in a situation like this--he approached the girl; Shiori, despite actually having always been romantically fond of Jirou (I had a feeling this was the case), chose to shut his advance down and friendzone him. If you reversed the positions in that exchange, and just simply had Jirou dillydallying about instead of making the move at that critical juncture; and, as a result, Jirou lost his chance and Shiori ended up with a good man, then mark my words: no one would question it. Shiori had her chance--she had Jirou, and then decided with her actions she didn't really want him all that badly after all.

That is, until Akari came along.
Yeah she wasted year's had feelings all this time knew he was confessing in the past and shut him down. The only reason she's even making a move is someone is after the guy she likes

Aggregator gang
Bruh tf? What are you on lmao

“Curse these modern women and not wanting nice guys like me to respect them” amirite
Well it's either a sign of times or just something to do with japanese people we wouldn't know much about, some have mentioned that. The whole keep ur head down mentality

Dex-chan lover
Especially since they already have a bad name so teachers would believe them
Yeah, that was especially confusing since the police were also called before, seriously just throw a SA charge on top and get them expelled, or at least make sure the entire student population is aware and nuke their social standing. Pretty awkward to show up to school if 99.9% of people hate you

Dex-chan lover
So she's the first step that led to him coiling up on himself.

Honestly if I was him thinking back in that moment, I'd be the one retroactively embarrassed getting told off for doing the right thing.

Good thing he's got someone that's actually supportive 24/7 back home.

Fed-Kun's army
This is a lesson to everyone. When it comes to love introverted people often lose to extrovert ones

Dex-chan lover
100%. Like d0shie said, it's a regularly practiced attempt at playing up the interest of the third wheel and making her a more credible potential love interest. It doesn't--like most other attempts--change anything, however; this is especially because of something Shiori reflected on:

They were changing.

Yes, that's right: see, at an elementary school age, what happened before Shiori and Jirou parted ways would make sense (in fact, Jirou's action would be somewhat exceptionally bold); but they'd gotten older by the time of that parting--and were just about to enter high school. That excuse has long faded, because they'd both aged (a lot can happen to spur growth in just those few years, as Shiori recalled--and, in keeping with that, it doesn't have to be something good) and matured to some degree.

Or, at least, Jirou did. Jirou, despite his overwhelming feelings, did what a male is expected to in a situation like this--he approached the girl; Shiori, despite actually having always been romantically fond of Jirou (I had a feeling this was the case), chose to shut his advance down and friendzone him. If you reversed the positions in that exchange, and just simply had Jirou dillydallying about instead of making the move at that critical juncture; and, as a result, Jirou lost his chance and Shiori ended up with a good man, then mark my words: no one would question it. Shiori had her chance--she had Jirou, and then decided with her actions she didn't really want him all that badly after all.

That is, until Akari came along.
She's almost as bad as these girls who friendzone you and don't like when you get a gf and stop giving attention to them

I'd say there is another point to all this, even if the Shiori ship is pretty much sunk and they have to rip the band-aid sooner or later. At least there is the question of what went on with Jiro himself with how he went from such an outgoing kid to a no confidence introvert when we see him as a high schooler. One way or another, it would have had to been brought up, even if it might not be the best way.

Dex-chan lover
No one cares about Shiori. But can't say I don't like seeing how Jirou was in the past.

Dex-chan lover
I was actually in Shiori Ship.
but damn that "rejection" when he try to switch wife and hopefully forget his "new" love really sink my expectation.

Dex-chan lover
Jirou catching strays this chapter, seriously he tried to do the right thing and people stopped him, it's better to speak up like he tried to then to remain silent.
Agreed, her friend was just shit tier with that talk

Dex-chan lover
Yeahhhhhh uhhh, snooze you lose Shiori. I really don't feel bad for her at all. She had all the time in the world to say something. Just allowed herself to enjoy the friendship KNOWING she wanted more. It wasn't until push came to shove that she STILL didn't do much. Akari>>>>>
True, one well timed smooch like jirou himself gave Akari and it would be F in the chat for all of Shioris rivals

Supporter
Yeahhhhhh uhhh, snooze you lose Shiori. I really don't feel bad for her at all. She had all the time in the world to say something. Just allowed herself to enjoy the friendship KNOWING she wanted more. It wasn't until push came to shove that she STILL didn't do much. Akari>>>>>
Knowing HE wanted more, too. She stomped on his heart with that "isn't friendship the best" bs (and then didn't even bother to maintain THAT after she left). It really doesn't make much sense that even as weak a character as Jirou became after that would harbor anything but contempt for her, let alone put up with her own wishy-washiness after they were reconnected. I mean, sure, he felt alone but there are clearly worse things than being alone.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this flashback is for us to feel sorry for her. All I thought was, "Well apparently, you had a long time and a lot of chances to progress your relationship with him, but you didn't."

And I don't get those girls who reprimanded Jirou for wanting to defend her.

Dex-chan lover
Regardless of the chapter itself im happy someone picked this up, the translations was pretty good as well imo

Users who are viewing this thread