Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
mangaka honestly kinda dragging it.

Shiori had her chance, for a long time. Oh well.

Now let's please wrap this up and see our waifu win this please .

I was considering reading this chapter, but given the previous comments in this discussion, I think that I'll opt to wait until the next chapter.

61 chapters isn't even that long compared to most manga xD
It's a monthly manga so it's kinda the equivalent to a 200 chapter manga right now, to be honest the story is being dragged out. (I realized just after typing it out that someone made a similar comparison way earlier)

It should be coming to a close but this late Shiori development/focus feels like it's dragging it out for no reason, these flashbacks could have happened earlier or it could have been given more exposure earlier, but it's way too late now, realistically Shiori has no chance anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Guys I think the subreddit for this manga has a good tl on it go check itnout

Dex-chan lover
She's almost as bad as these girls who friendzone you and don't like when you get a gf and stop giving attention to them

I'd say she's worse: she's playing the homewrecker. She's now confirmed that she knows Akari loves Jirou; she could just bow out gracefully, but she's instead trying to score points with and steal Jirou with a tearfully emotional display.

"Am I not good enough?" she asked; she's fishing hardcore.

Bruh tf? What are you on lmao

“Curse these modern women and not wanting nice guys like me to respect them” amirite

He's not wrong, though. In this day and age, women are exceptionally powerful--they don't have to do much to ruin a man's life, and they still enjoy the privileges (born of tenets of chivalry meant to help women in a far less empowered position) that facilitate such action. This is just one aspect of the power they have today.

Another aspect how you can't even question that power: from general circumstances, in which there are people like you ready with mocking responses like yours, hoping to stigmatize the position of any critics of said power and the critics themselves; and this to the corporate world, in which such ideas are politically incorrect--and thus likely mean offending the already sensitive feelings of women (who'll make up most of any office workplace in the West, at least) who hear it, earning the offender a trip to HR--the department of which being staffed predominantly, if not entirely, by females.

Double-page supporter
I feel this is going to make me end up blaming Shiori for him becoming all meek.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say she's worse: she's playing the homewrecker. She's now confirmed that she knows Akari loves Jirou; she could just bow out gracefully, but she's instead trying to score points with and steal Jirou with a tearfully emotional display.

"Am I not good enough?" she asked; she's fishing hardcore.

He's not wrong, though. In this day and age, women are exceptionally powerful--they don't have to do much to ruin a man's life, and they still enjoy the privileges (born of tenets of chivalry meant to help women in a far less empowered position) that facilitate such action. This is just one aspect of the power they have today.

Another aspect how you can't even question that power: from general circumstances, in which there are people like you ready with mocking responses like yours, hoping to stigmatize the position of any critics of said power and the critics themselves; and this to the corporate world, in which such ideas are politically incorrect--and thus likely mean offending the already sensitive feelings of women (who'll make up most of any office workplace in the West, at least) who hear it, earning the offender a trip to HR--the department of which being staffed predominantly, if not entirely, by females.
Dude, you might want to leave the house every now and then.

Double-page supporter
I believe the "North Hill Central" supposed to refer to Kitasaka Middle School. You see, Kita means North, Saka means Hill, and 中 doesn't mean Central in this context but an abbreviation of Middle School (中学校).

This chapter felt like the author was looking to give the reader an excuse to disregard Shiori in a "too bad, you brought this on yourself" kind of way. Maybe to soften the blow if/when Jiro rejects her or to push the reader to side with Akari or both.

Group Leader
I believe the "North Hill Central" supposed to refer to Kitasaka Middle School. You see, Kita means North, Saka means Hill, and 中 doesn't mean Central in this context but an abbreviation of Middle School (中学校).
Thanks, I'm a beginner with japanese, hence the first page, so I just assumed it's a name for a city district where the school is located, if you have any other things that are wrong I would be glad to get your opinion and fix it.

Also it's Kitaoka not Kitasaka.

Double-page supporter
Thanks, I'm a beginner with japanese, hence the first page, so I just assumed it's a name for a city district where the school is located, if you have any other things that are wrong I would be glad to get your opinion and fix it.

Also it's Kitaoka not Kitasaka.
Oka is another word for the hill (the most well known example is the Silent Hill name actually was inspired by the developer's home town of Shizuoka).

I didn't read the raw so I just assumed from the translation. I'll try to correct what I feel weird.

Contributor
I guess we get to see more of the times Shiori wasted time not acting on her feelings for Jirou and/or shooting herself in the foot. Sad, but we already know this; I guess this is also for emotional build up to a likely rejection.

We do get a chance to see Jirou's past and what happened with him before high school in this arc. He said he was going to protect Shiori in Oomae's place, and this chapter was a frustrated attempt at defending her. Like some say, he's probably going to continue trying and get in trouble, leading to getting ostracized and becoming more like the introverted Jirou of the present or just give up being the protective "loud boy" and slowly break into becoming more like the introverted Jirou of the present.

Speaking of Oomae, now that he's back in the present time, maybe he's the one for Shiori? He did seem to like her in the past,
although he's currently attracted to Mei, so that's another love triangle I guess?

Dex-chan lover
I get the impression this flashback is far more about Jirou's change and issues than Shiori getting sympathy.

Users who are viewing this thread