Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Vol. 11 Ch. 62 - Ch. 62

@12strawberries
You missed a speach bubble on page 4.

Also, can someone please explain the dialog between Jirou's parents on page 28? Why is mom calling dad "old lady"?
from what i understood she's calling jirou an old lady for being slow and not responding

Honestly the whole chapter is a mess, I'm surprised no one commented anything until now.

There is a better version in the subreddit fir the manga
yes the chapter is a mess..... it's a tl of the spanish version. this was out a day after the raws were out but since this was my first TL mangadex took their sweet sweet time verifying me so it didnt get posted until after the MTL was posted

Dex-chan lover
Wait a fucken minute, in the flashback in the anime she shuts him down mid sentence confessing, now seeing this background info, does she know he might like her, and purposefully do that?

Group Leader
But she's talking to his dad in that panel (he's the one wearing a towel).

I've checked up that another translation, and while translation was understandable, it sounded kinda random in context.
That speech bubble should say
"I'm going to take care of him and be on his side until he starts calling me an "old hag"" and later "I don't want to pressure him" in japanese a lot of information isn't present in the sentence and is based on context so sorry for the mistake.

So to me that seems to go with the whole part of their dialogue, mom is defending Jirou for talking rude to to them, and that she doesn't want to put pressure on him because of something that her colegue said.

When I thought that it was Jirou she was talking to it seemed like she was consoling him.

Last edited:
Contributor
This is just the story of their youthful mistakes with feelings of love and growing up, but they let feelings of fear rule their actions. Wasn't helped by Shiori's friends' "advice" and Jirou's mishandling of such advice they gave him.

Their time in middle school didn't seem that long, some months passed without "progress" from either side and then Shiori transferred away. I'm a bit surprised their feelings for each other survived 3 years of no contact until high school started and they reunited.

Dex-chan lover
While reading this chapter, I'm reminded of the conversation earlier in the manga between Akari and Minami, perhaps Shiori will be able to move on after being rejected by Jirou like Akari moved on after being rejected by Minami?

She'll need a good talk about what caused their relationship to fail and at least be left in a place where she can fall in love again and pursue a romance with some more resolve.

Dex-chan lover
These two last are great (and failed also, it hard to understand too o_O), but i think Shiori just shoot herself by having this "not changing" mentality.
And now "nothing will change". Their relationship will last as a just friend forever.

Thanks to scanlators for giving new chapter. :bocchiwave:

Dex-chan lover
Because she's not the winner in this manga, that and she didn't say anything for so long she ended up losing. Honestly she's kind of an annoying character.
Just think that the author want to put shiori and jirou together after these flashback.
I guess some people will get mad.

Dex-chan lover
You know what, I'm buying this flashback. An objectified girl seeking stable shelter falling for a pliable, agreeable young boy afraid of not fitting in actually seemed realistic enough a recipe to turn both into freaky teenagers fearing change.

It explained Shiori's background and unwillingness to move forward with Jirou pretty neatly. Also a good leeway explanation for why Jirou was so wishy-washy and easily flustered to the point of being ridiculous about Akari's more sexual advances. He was used to evading the topic to keep Akari safe and secure.

I still don't think Shiori will win, but I don't hate her to begin with and it's still a decent flashback.

Dex-chan lover
And caught up.

Those girls are right to be confused that they're not dating. Could've been an idea to use that as an excuse to actually start dating.

Sleeping with the air conditioner on has no health risks. The dry air can make you a bit uncomfortable when you wake up, but that's not a risk unless maybe if you're for some reason extra sensitive.

The reason that myth is spread is to reduce power consumption.

This is the dumbest flashback I've ever read, I can't tell if it's supposed to make me pity Shiori or hate her to give Akari the spotlight.
I can't tell why everyone thinks it's about sympathy for Shiori. It's about Jirou the way I see it. And showing why it didn't work out for them. (Answer: because they were dumb kids.)

what is shiori so scared of? What is jirou scared of at the end, and why does he avoid her?
Shiori is scared that Jirou is like the other boys, gawking at women vulgarly.

Jirou is scared that Shiori will hate him if he ever thinks about that kind of thing, so he avoids her to avoid making her uncomfortable in any way. Jirou let himself be affected by the enviroment around him
Yeah, all I see are overreactions to things that should be minor, even for sensitive kids. And Jirou made a 180° from the loud, protective kid to the avoidance type at first hint of trouble.

And that's what's seems the most wrong to me. She did try to say she was okay with him, but he didn't listen, since apparently her friends are more important to listen to than herself. I mean, I'm not going to say either are at fault; they were just insecure kids and all, but the entire thing felt much too forced and badly written.

Honestly the whole chapter is a mess, I'm surprised no one commented anything until now.
Probably because most people care about the story more than the exact details of how it's scanlated.

Dex-chan lover
There is only one way out now, 2 wives! But jap authors have no guts to do it.

Group Leader
Fuck the flashbacks, I ain't buying it nor getting pity for her! Also, some parts of the translation fucked me up ngl, a bit of a miss...

When I thought those students at Middle School bullied Jirou then wrong, it's much worse, it's her fault to make him become self esteem and avoid changes, such a disappointed flashback
Also is that Akarin on page 18, she kinda interested on Jirou on first place if u look at it

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I just love how everybody just doesn't give a shit about those flashbacks and Shiori lmao.

Insert meme here: "Oh no, anyway".

Users who are viewing this thread