Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman.

Genuinely surprised at how invested I am. Their denseness (?) is getting kinda frustrating in the recent chapters, but other than that it's a really solid read.

Is it high art? Not in the slightest. But it's good enough to be worth a read. If nothing else the setup alone is really interesting.

So I only just read chapter 1, and I will comment strictly based on this minute information.
This seems to me, like a viscous NTR cycle. BUT that goes both ways for both MC & FMC. So it's not like its a lone NTR which is more crippling?
In any case Imma still read it because now I need to know what the hell is gonna happen. Most likely my opinion will change drastically so cheers in hoping this won't be a waste of reading time.

Update: Not at all what I thought it'd turn into. That "spoiler" of mine was about 97% dead wrong. This is much better than what I had speculated.

So I'm in chapter 14 but I don't know if I want to continue reading, so can someone spoil me what happens in the recent updates thank you.

Dex-chan lover
main girl is great, excellent (sugar-coated) depiction of female nature. a lot of other pointless skippable crap going on.

Dex-chan lover
This feels like a very decent romance manga disguised as mediocre romcom for killing time. Premise is an eyerolling garbage but it sets up the story very well. Leave a like for more amazing reviews B-) have a good one cheers mate

Last edited:
Its surprisingly good, i usually hate rom coms with a burning passion but this one has me hooked for some reason

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea why this has an 8, it really doesn't deserve one, its the most generic bait and switch BS these authors seem to just pull out of a hat, the romance is so flat you could use it as planar tool for calibrating satellites. The ever present specter of NTR and typical nerd gets the girl is really wearing on my patience. 3/10.

Dex-chan lover
PRE: I'm all in on this. Everyone's right about the "couple practical". It's a logic-defying plot contrivance of the sort that works only in broad comedy or lewd ero. And okay, the central romance is arguably a bit generic. Nevertheless, I was hooked in one chapter. So much so that I read 30 in a single sitting. That alone earns the gold seal of beep approval.

PRO I: The male and female leads are interesting in low-key, recognizably human ways, and the comfortable pacing gives us plenty of time to settle in with them. Events never feel too rushed or draggy, characters and relationships actually develop over time, and the writing doesn't use contrived obstacles to juice the drama.

PRO II: Though the mechanics of the couple practical are absurd, once they've been explained, it functions much like the "forced cohabitation" trope. As such, it serves the story well, compelling the oil & water protagonists to spend time together at least trying to get along. This allows their feelings to acquire complexity in a fairly natural fashion*.

CON: Jirou hedges & dithers like the male lead of every other romantic shounen/seinen manga**. And the secondary characters are completely disposable (including the catastrophically boring Shiori, who I hope will soon marry Minami, Mei, or her own damn hand). If you tossed out everything but the scenes of Akari and Jirou alone together, nothing important would be lost.

SUM: While it may not rise to the very top of its genre, Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman delivers exactly what I want from a low-stakes high school romcom: it's cute, engaging, reassuringly familiar, and only a bit more convoluted than necessary. Enthusiastically recommended to all habitual enjoyers of such things.

* Romance manga aimed at male readers too often ditch the "falling in love" part. They instead start with a flawless dream-girl's inexplicable devotion the male lead, then add 50-100 chapters big, watery, goop eyes. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that approach (Dosanko gyaru is, after all, mega cute). But it's a lazy formula that tends to inspire dull stories.

** If contemporary writers can't move past the "socially awkward, hypercautious, and emotionally dishonest male MC", then please let them figure out a few new ways to portray him. I doubt there's a single regular manga reader in the world who isn't sick to death of this uptight-yet-spineless oatmeal person and his endless flood of fake misunderstandings.

Last edited:
Bro I hate mc’s like jirou who are indecisive to the point of hurting others but I continue reading because the other likable characters like akari

Denseness is a sin wish them the best tho, cute shi.

Last edited:
I dont get it, at least the relationship between mc and childhood friend feels like it could be an actual relationship and lead to healthy romantic relationship, then on the other hand its just "Im going to sexually harass him until he likes me", and then he just does????

Users who are viewing this thread