Fuzoroi no Renri - Vol. 2 Ch. 49

The only reason the chapters are not here is some stupid no political thing on here. Who cares if they comment on something in one credit page. Mangadex's rule is stupid and i'm okay with them taking off.

Because people read manga to get away from stupid political things, like the ones the previous group apparently wanted to shove in people's face while reading. If you're okay with one political advertisement appearing in your manga, you're also going to have to be okay with other political advertisements showing up. And given it's an election year in burgerland, let's not do that.

Thanks for new people picking this up!

@Stoner

A rule's a rule. The rule came under place in the first place because paper thin skinned people were bitching about politics in some credit pages. Funny how the situation suddenly turns around against them too. Rules for thee but not for me it seems, pea brained hypocrites 😋

Aaaand the other site isn't even available in my country. Good job, drama-queens.

Really sad decision, cuz dynasty scans are a bunch of secluded weirdos which sometimes take months to upload fresh manga chapters, uhh...

Dex-chan lover
@Misaki16 Maybe because the uploads on Dynasty are mostly by request and they asked with the team before if it's ok to upload. And if you're not happy then that's the same, unless you do all the chapters and posted them here.

*reads first credits page of the new TL group*

Good luck to whoever takes over cleaning/redrawing! This one was pretty frustrating, not gonna lie.

Thanks for the compliment, btw!

Dex-chan lover
Wow I didn't even notice all those chapters had been removed here. What a shame. But it is what it is.

Thanks to the new group picking this up here!

@momerathe Ok, how about "I don't want any politics shoehorned into every discussion by some wankers, who got all their political knowlege soley from youtube and twitter"?

For the people wondering why the group who was previously translating this manga left and took away all their translations, here is a summary about what happened. Basically the last chapter they posted had a BLM ad at the end of their chapter, not only showing their support for a political movement but also asking for donations to certain politically oriented associations (yes, the ad not only was political, but also contained a bunch of links to different associations you could donate to to support BLM). I pointed out how it was not only really unwelcomed, but also a direct violation of MangaDex rules. Multiple people agreed with me, and I thought the group would just delete the last page and be reasonable about it. I later saw that the chapter that contained the ad was deleted (only this one chapter at first), and thought they were the one who deleted it and they were just going to repost it without the BLM ad. But from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems that instead MangaDex went ahead and deleted their chapter. They then left MangaDex and deleted every single chapter they translated on this website. Here is their comment about it (source is the link posted by @nuttydesu).

"We chose to remove our scanlation work from this site as a response to a rule we felt was unfairly applied. Yes, we technically could’ve just changed the credits page, but we wanted to stand up for what we believe is right, so we have moved. This is not about freedom of speech, this is about sticking to our morals. If you wish to read any of the things we work on, we upload to Dynasty and I’m sure many other aggregate sites have rips as well."

Imo if they would rather choose to leave because people didn't want to get political views shoved down their throat (as well as getting asked for donations to support said political movement) rather than be understanding and just remove their last page, then good riddance. If someone can't understand that no one is telling them to "not stand up for what they think is right", but instead that there is a time, place and occasion for politics then honestly they can go ahead and act like a brat, I certainly won't be crying for them. Bringing up political ads to your readers is really disrespectful towards them and even if I'm really grateful about free translation and thankful to the groups who are providing it, it doesn't mean that I am willing to agree to just everything.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the new group for picking it up.

@momerathe it's not, you genius. Not every idea/rule is inherently political, and there is nothing political about wanting to keep your website clean from unrelated topics that are polluting it. This is a website about goddamn mangas, no one wants to read about politics when coming in here, especially when not everyone is American and most of us don't give a single fuck about foreign politics. "Keep it on topic" isn't a political rule, if you want to be political there are dozens of websites where you can.

With the upcoming American elections I certainly don't want this website to be raided by Trump VS Biden ads everywhere, and if MangaDex are indeed the ones who took action then I'm glad they did.

And, just to clear things up: it was MD who pulled the chapter for that credits page. In response, Rumi (the TL and kind of de facto head of SSB) pulled all SSB/Yukimitsu's stuff from MD and transferred it.

Aggregator gang
man, if people think "please consider donating to these foundations" is having politics "shoved down your throat" i'd really hate for them to hear about elections, lmao

On a site with a scan group called 'stop islamization of the eu' no less, lol.

No politics here, tho.

Jimmies will be rustled once they find out theirs an adaptation of Das Kapital on here

Fed-Kun's army
@kekitus wow thank you. I’d hate to be reminded about oppression when I’m reading comics about gay people.

It’s really funny that this person is expecting people to praise their petty tattletale behavior

@Doritos420 wow thank you for entirely missing the point. It could have been a political ad about whatever you want it wouldn't change anything about my point. It'd be even worse if the moderators started to differenciate between what political movement is allowed to have ads and what political movement isn't.

@Snerkus it's exactly to avoid going further down that slippery slope and hearing about the American election that the rule exist. I don't want American politics invading this website the same way it invades pretty much every other website every time there is an election, or everytime there is any kind of event in the USA. Especially when a lot of us aren't Americans and don't give a fuck about american problems. And especially when the MangaDex moderation team made a thread for BLM events at the time to keep things confined in that thread and avoid having it flood everywhere.

@MintyJulep there is a big difference between a username and having a credit page linking to politically engaged associations. I don't even notice the username of most translation groups. You're free to report the group to MangaDex though if you think it's breaking the rules. I'm not a moderator, just a user who is pissed off when someone brings up politics in such an obvious way in a place where politics don't belong and is glad the moderator team is making a decent job at keeping this website clean. There is a place, time and occasion for this stuff, you don't have to flood every website with politics everytime an event takes place in your country just because you want to "defend what you think is right".

With this being said I'll stop here and not derail the chapter comments further. I only wanted to point out what happened to the previous group since it seemed a lot of people were asking for what happened to the chapters in the comments. I'm not gonna start an argument on here.

Users who are viewing this thread