Gabriel DropOut - Ch. 108

Dex-chan lover
One Gab chapter two days in a row? With all due respect to the previous translator, I don’t remember when I saw this last time. Even a chapter about a side character we didn't seem to see for a relatively long time. An unusual feeling. Thanks for the chapter, it would be nice if we caught up with the ongoing so quickly

Power Uploader
giphy.webp

Me reading the appendix

Dex-chan lover
Imagine the reaction if Satania was around "Raphie first time wetting the bed".
At first I wanted to make a joke about how she kept incriminating photos on Gab, but in this case the consequences of her stupidity would clearly be worse than just jokes about a classmate’s collection of photos in her school locker.

Group Leader
One Gab chapter two days in a row?
back to back translation
Technically, last chapter was uploaded on the 15. Took a while to get uploader privileges.
it would be nice if we caught up with the ongoing so quickly
I think I will try to catch up asap before resuming my hobby routine in full, it's a monthly magazine after all, then eventually fix whatever chapters I feel need it. Used Wild Words not knowing there is a New Wild Words apparently.
Me reading the appendix
Heh. I just want to be clear nothing is needlessly changed.

Contributor
Thanks so much for the update! Nice improvement in the typesetting as well. Using a commonly used font helps a lot. If you're still looking to improve you should try to get the text looking more square. Don't worry about trying to fill up the whole bubble.

F5bL9wq.png

Dex-chan lover
Technically, last chapter was uploaded on the 15. Took a while to get uploader privileges.

I think I will try to catch up asap before resuming my hobby routine in full, it's a monthly magazine after all, then eventually fix whatever chapters I feel need it. Used Wild Words not knowing there is a New Wild Words apparently.

Heh. I just want to be clear nothing is needlessly changed.
So, we can expect a faster pace for at least the next 8 chapters? I don’t know what the pace was before, but last time the translation was on pause for about six months due to the fact that the translator, as far as I understand, was waiting for the release of the full volume for the sake of better scans or something like that.

Group Leader
If you're still looking to improve you should try to get the text looking more square. Don't worry about trying to fill up the whole bubble.
I'll keep that in mind going forward. I guess despite reading dozens of manga I never picked up on those typesetting things. May I ask what size your correction is? The advertized 2.9pt in the guide didn't feel right. Thanks for the tips.
So, we can expect a faster pace for at least the next 8 chapters?
Hopefully. As for volumes, there are 15 out, but I could not find public volume raws even for 14.

Dex-chan lover
I'll keep that in mind going forward. I guess despite reading dozens of manga I never picked up on those typesetting things. May I ask what size your correction is? The advertized 2.9pt in the guide didn't feel right. Thanks for the tips.

Hopefully. As for volumes, there are 15 out, but I could not find public volume raws even for 14.
You mean a volume that includes some of the eight mentioned, right? Honestly, I'm surprised why the title's hype and availability diminished so much after the anime ended, since it's one of the best CGDCTs I've seen.

Contributor

Uhh I just eyeball the text size since it depends on the size of the bubble

I learned it from AnonBlack's typesetting guide, this is the part that discusses "text shaping"

https://mangadex.org/chapter/323f09fd-8e16-4c82-887b-25903e28ffef/1

Group Leader

The text size depeds a lot on the quality/size of the scan and the font. In my case, for a 1441 x 2048 page and Anime Ace, I use a size of 17px

Users who are viewing this thread