GaCen Shoujo to Ibunka Kouryuu

Contributor
Can someone point me to a romcom with a similar language learning premise where the ml and fl aren’t 5 years apart?

Group Leader
@Luke_chase I Was Summoned by the Demon Lord, but I Can't Understand Her Language? Pretty much what it says on the tin, and they look like they're 10 and 8... She pretty much treats him like a puppy.

le3

Dex-chan lover
Another fine addition to my diabetes folder.

To anyone who translating and will translate this, thank you!

Seriously?! The author decided to make her 13? Just...WHY? It had all the makings of a cute and enjoyable story if not for that one detail. Now it's just creepy.

I just read a bunch of the comments down below and it looks like the F.B.I. is going to be working overtime. I can't fathom why so many people think it's sweet for an 18 year old man to tell a 13 year old child that he wants to be lovers with her.

Group Leader
I suspect that's going to be the overarching joke-- she's got a crush on the random nice guy she ran into; he thinks of her as a lonely kid who needs a friend.

Yeah no, that kind of misunderstanding comedy isn't what's going on here. Unless the translator made some mistakes with their choice of words in chapter 3, then he clearly wanted to get to know her better for the sake of starting a romantic relationship. Actually, looking over the chapter again it's clear from his facial expressions that there's no translation error. That's NOT the look of someone who just wants to be friends.

Dex-chan lover
I just find it funny that when it's some other english speaking person, they are always a blond. LOL

Dex-chan lover
Kinda odd how having a yacubian waifu is such a common fantasy of japan (if you like white people so much, I feel like you should understand they can have hair colors other than blond, and eye colors other than blue). it’s like the mirror world version of white guys obsessed with getting Asian wives, and fetishizing Asian women. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side???

Despite that, this would’ve been a cute series if not for the jailhouse age gap. Agree with the other person that it would have been easy to make her 16. Or him 16 and let her be 14 or something. Idk. Just weird overall.

Fed-Kun's army
I thought she was, like, 10. And the whole point would have been that she's attracted to him because she mistook the koala for a romantic gesture, and he's too much of a simp to say no to her face.

Yeah I can appreciate not having the ecchi tag, means I might read it again just for the humor. But why the age??? Could have also made him a high school student

Double-page supporter
I liked this at first but now it's disturbing.

Dating a girl as young as your little sister. The gap of years is not the problem but the gap of mental age and experience. He's already an adult in society but she's still wayyy too young and should be doing kid things. Wtf with this serious relationship with an old guy.

Users who are viewing this thread