Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu - Ch. 61.2

Dex-chan lover
You know before "testing" him to see if he's worthy for your sister (something I'm sure you could easily find out just by asking your parents as they're acquainted with him), how bout you consider thanking him first for saving your sister and keeping her safe?

Dex-chan lover
It's always wise not to reveal your cards too easily, but sometimes it might be wiser to lie about the conditions, as if you were revealing them. That's exceedingly rare in manga, though. Even villains typically don't lie about anything, unless it's a specific lie the plot is more or less built around. I couldn't possibly remember how many conversations in the comments there have been, over the years, where I have suggested a villain might have lied about something, with the other commenters just shrugging their shoulders and dismissing the idea. The other commenters were right 100% of time. Manga is an honest man or woman's business.

Dex-chan lover
A prince is a politician, and a politician pretty much has to be shrewd. So that shouldn't come as a surprise, or even have to be noted.

Call a majestic dragon to whine about her sister. Seems about right for her character.

Dragon cheerfully says she got badly beaten up. I think these two fit each other.

"Troubles abound? Seems fun!"

You know before "testing" him to see if he's worthy for your sister (something I'm sure you could easily find out just by asking your parents as they're acquainted with him), how bout you consider thanking him first for saving your sister and keeping her safe?
Nah, that's not how it works. If a character gets close to the MC, there's a rule that some relative or close friend of that character has to test MC's worth, since the relative or friend is absolutely entitled to control that character's choices, and neither of the two characters actually involved don't have any say about it.

Manga is an honest man or woman's business.
Especially since, "I lied," can be such a badass phrase to toss to turn the situation around and create some legitimate conflict and/or tension.

Recently watched a creative video about the difference between world building and lore building. Characters don't actually know how the world works, even if the author does, and that can be a very effective tool to create plot twists. The same applies to characters lying about how things work.

eva? is there another player character in this world?
Yes on the manga and the novels the dragon near the fountain that removes Arc's curse told him that people and things usually fall in that planet from time to time so some monsters, civilizations and certain people are from other planets.

Also

So far in the novels there have been 3 confirmed players, 2 rpg/grand strategy which are the pope, as foreshadowed in the latests manga chapters, Evangeline Mapple which was the founder of Canada and then there is Arc which is a mmorpg player

Double-page supporter
Recently watched a creative video about the difference between world building and lore building. Characters don't actually know how the world works, even if the author does, and that can be a very effective tool to create plot twists. The same applies to characters lying about how things work.
Mind if I get a link to that video?
I'm not sure if there'd be anything immediately useful to me, but judging from your description I'd like to watch it myself.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
It's always wise not to reveal your cards too easily, but sometimes it might be wiser to lie about the conditions, as if you were revealing them. That's exceedingly rare in manga, though. Even villains typically don't lie about anything, unless it's a specific lie the plot is more or less built around. I couldn't possibly remember how many conversations in the comments there have been, over the years, where I have suggested a villain might have lied about something, with the other commenters just shrugging their shoulders and dismissing the idea. The other commenters were right 100% of time. Manga is an honest man or woman's business.
Similiarly how a western villain must monologue after capturing the hero in a sure-kill-death trap, Japanese villains must truthfully state how their powers work. It's proper etiquette. Afterall, you wouldn't interrupt a power up or a transformation either?

Users who are viewing this thread