Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Chiyome and Sasuke

Dex-chan lover
Arian...you might want to have those looked at. I think they've gone up a few sizes in the past few chapters.
Unless she's trying to match her mother's...

...Bird's Eyes and actually toxic tomatoes. That's new. Although potatoes, tomatoes, tobacco and eggplants are part of the nightshade family, so that might be why this can make sense. Yes, that's the same family that has the Deadly Nightshade

Dex-chan lover
I had no idea tomato was considered poisonous once upon the time, but apparently it was by some circles and in some places. I guess the author here took it one step further.

Dex-chan lover
i kinda expect either arm wresting or sumo like brawl with the dragon XD that is if its a sentinent one... otherwise just beat it into submission...

Dex-chan lover
Tomatoes actually still have some solanine toxin, even the ones we normally eat still has a tiny amount of solanine. We are not harmed by this amount, but that's probably because we evolved to handle that amount. It is easy to imagine that somewhere, some people never developed this tolerance and can get sick from eating a couple of tomatoes.

Though I want to comment that her tits look huge in that one panel.

Gotta keep them birds fenced in or else they might fly away...... wait a second.......

Fed-Kun's army
he's gonna do like Saitima and one punch man, and smack him while saying SIT.

Dex-chan lover
So, according to this world, in order to eat the tomatoes you need detoxification jewels... THAT'S CALLED SALT!

It is great that he is geeking out rn. It makes him really feel more like a dude who got transported. I know I would be super excited and all the mcs who just go with it are too calm and don't feel as real. Horror, excitement, happiness, fear, just some kind of freaking reaction.

@Kaarme @madx1 It was less that they were considered poisonous, but that they were poisonous because of how they were prepared during medieval times. They used copper and lead pots so when you cook something with a high acidity in them the metal goes into it which can cause it to be lethal. But it could also be that the mangaka was trying to tie in how cats shouldn't eat tomatoes into the story since most of the character are otherworldly/beast people.

Double-page supporter
Who is going to say no to wrestling a dragon for mount privileges? Be still, my Paladin heart!

Fed-Kun's army
That enthusiasm Arc showed to the possibility of riding a dragon. It looks like he would get along well with Alexander Purchinov.

Dex-chan lover
@AmericanJedi They were considered poisonous. The poison didn't come from tomatoes but the kitchen utensils, but people back then were too stupid to know lead is a poison; they had no Falma to educate them. Back when aluminium became cheaper and thus more commonplace, it also generated a potential problem with acidic food. Though naturally aluminium isn't quite as harmful as lead.

Dex-chan lover
Chili as irritant weapon is historically accurate I think, though I believe very spicy variant (esp bird's eye) is relatively recent/appeared/bred after chili spread beyond Americas

Users who are viewing this thread