Gakkou Gurashi! - Vol. 12 Ch. 78 - See you tomorrow

Dex-chan lover
@fgsfdss At least it makes more sense than an anime, which has a wider and more understandable epilogue than the original manga. Yes, that happens.

Truly I think It ended pretty smoothly, nothing feels forced and I'm satisfied with this ending

@Nep Just drinking it delays the inevitable but a cure was formulated using the antibodies from the water by Randall and was administered to save Kurumi.

Bloody love this manga, it's been a great ride. It was one of the first anime i ever watched and getting to see how it ends now was a pleasure.

I'm so happy it's a good ending, not waiting for more chapters to be released will feel kind of weird now

Dex-chan lover
I DEMAND MORE EPILOGUE AUTHOR-SAN... PLEASE TELL US WHY KURUMI STILL IN WHEELCHAIR AFTER 3 YEARS

sorry my caps lock broke

Aggregator gang
It was a long ride, I'm just happy some sort of reasonable ending was reached after all these years. Thank you to the scanlators and the author!

Fed-Kun's army
Im sorry i love how it turned out dont get me wrong but this ending the way it happend so fast and the timeskip. The author chickened out of the bad end.

Part of me keeps thinks the class at the end is just corpses she set up but nahh that can't be it

Double-page supporter
this ending is fine. author obviously wasn't gonna fucking nuke them. they DID chicken out on not killing off any main character. Kurumi was literally in the penultimate episode as a ghost figure leading Yuki. the canon might as well have considered her dead. Yuki was just bitten and hadn't drawn her last breath yet, Kurumi was clearly stated to be on borrowed time. that was some reviving the dead shit

but i guess it wouldn't really have served anything in the first place? this ending totally works as it is. now i want a spin-off story of how everything went to shit at Randall, with the responser lady as the MC. that would be some fucking awesome thriller shit

Thought the ending was decent all things considered.
I like how Miki changed her hair and clothes to match Shiko, subtle way of showing she's following in her footsteps. Along with the less subtle Yuki matching Megune.

The series definitely had some focus issues. Felt like the author wasn't really sure what they wanted to do, the whole university arc was pretty much pointless.
Lots of teasing at deeper themes and subplots but turning away at the last second.
Felt like they lost the nerve whenever there were difficult decisions to be made and instead offered an easy way out which is disappointing since that's the whole point of a series like this.
A bit of the Mary Sue effect, seemed like only side characters were allowed to do morally questionable things. The darker parts they had were probably the best part of the series. Finding the gun, Rii's sister, Yuki's delusions, Miki's cynicism, the evil girl at the college.

I can't tell at the end exactly what Miki's job is. Sounds like she one of the scouts in the Walking Dead who travels around checking the status of places, settlements and recruiting people.
If so she would be a good candidate for a spin-off, can't say the same for the others since it sounds like they have relatively normal jobs.
Wouldn't hold my breath for another series though considering they seemed to be struggling with this one as is.

Contributor
The ending was fine but most of the manga was pretty bad, unfortunately. I'm glad the ending was "okay"? Not at ALL flawless but at least a bit satisfying. I'm still disappointed this series never could be what it was at the start again.

Oh, and I have to say so.

Recontextualizing the horror that was seeing Yuki in an apocalypse school as something hopeful after everything we've seen is legitimately beautiful enough to make me tear up. That's actually subtle, fantastic writing.

Double-page supporter
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤧😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
Yeah lets not all lie and say this is a good or acceptable ending
They are in the deepest shit yet and then it just smash cuts to them being k 3 years later delivering us another painful exposition dump
Thats not how story telling works what the fuck is this

Im 100% sure the author had no idea what to do after like 1/3 cause they never expected this to be serialized
Im just gonna erase this from my memory as far as ill be concerned it got axed half way through and we will never know how it ends

Aggregator gang
What was that ending? Was I supposed to feel happy or sad? I read all the comments on how "great" this ending was but this is one of the most disappointing endings I have ever read... I would have expected it to be deep like the whole entire series has been up until now, but I got the most overused "they lived happily ever after" ending done wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread