Gal☆Cleaning!

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy
I actually followed this manga since chapter 1 came out as well, and it wasn't that bad for me. It's not like this series was high on my priority list, so when the endless ch8 shenanigans came around it was more like a "okay so neeeexxt chapter is gonna be ch9 right?" type of feel for me until it went off the rails. I was mainly in this series to see exactly how it was gonna balance the cleaning tips with the romance aspect, since I thought that it would be pretty hard to balance the two. I guess I was right? The train wreck was real fun to watch though, the reactions definitely made it 1000% more enjoyable. If no one knew about this manga and it ended the way it did, I would probably be mildly pissed, but the reactions were really fun.

@cillbosby I return to reread it once in a while. The cumulative pain expressed in the comments is now a fun and integral part of it.

Following it since chapter 1, i still remember thrill of chapter 8 - will there be another 8.xx? Can it get even worse? How much will people cry in the comments (me included)?

Fed-Kun's army
@waifu_for_laifu Because of review bombers. Although I completely agree with @Xyz because of it's distasteful/disgusting rape chapter. The only series I know that has done it right was Berserk and it was used as an emotional scar to forge Guts into the character he has become.

Aside from the dumpster fire thing which was the author's retaliation in some ways based of earlier comments, this is pretty decent lifehack x romcom manga, and it's sad this is gonna be remembered the way it was...

/a/ ruined this whole manga.
just look at the comments with ">"
Congratulations, fags.
I'm buying this manga.

idk if i should blame people for being snowflakes or blame the manga for having
a rape scene.
anyway, this is still a better love story than nisekoi (and twilight)

Funny, but the
rape scenes
everything with kaede something in the chapter title
kinda mess it up.

Contributor
@glintel
Anything is a better love story than nisekoi.
Only good thing about the manga was Y-san.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it's not that the elements of the story in and of themselves are bad, but that it feels incredibly rushed. We don't get enough development to truly care for this pairing or to understand them. They lack chemistry and the main "gimmick" of the manga is abandoned fairly early on. The pace should have been significantly slowed down to develop the characters. This doesn't mean we needed more chapter 8.9999999999999, as most of those parts could have been combined to become more coherent, but that we should have seen more of the class president and her relationship to our MC and why she likes him more than him saving her from you-know-what.

It's not that I have an issue with the idea of a manga like this including a rape scene, either. The issue is it comes out of nowhere and shoehorns conflict and drama for a fake-out "what about this girl instead?" It's unnecessarily and goes into more graphic detail than is needed for this story. If we saw more of the president's character, her relationship to the main character, and what traits she finds endearing about him, it would be much stronger and much more cathartic, especially if we saw her expel the thugs (instead of laying it out in clumsy exposition) and how it affected them. Then go on to show how the MC knows about this and why he is able to intervene, with the feelings that the president had for him being developed in many chapters before hand.

Also I would want to expand the relationship between the MC's family, the Gyaru's family, how they know one another and why they're so close, to the point where he can live with her without an issue. We also need to see where the romance started to develop, what chemistry they have with one another. The sudden heel-turn halfway through from hating each other to almost liking one another to full-fledged romance is jarring and just takes the audience out of the experience. It feels like a lot of arcs, like the MC having to leave her and the conflict with the romantic rival, were shoe-horned and didn't get a chance to properly develop and flesh themselves out. I think the author had a lot of arcs and development in mind, but the studio canceled his manga before he could do all of them so he rushed the ending and the last few chapters into a garbled, incoherent mess. It's a shame because if these plot elements were developed and we saw more of all the characters and aspects in the plot, instead of a confused ending with no reasoning or logic to it, the story could have been really compelling and we could have really grown to enjoy the characters.

As it stands, this telling of the story screams of wasted potential, of a story that could have been really good and a romance that would have been really interesting if it were not for a sudden, rushed ending that is not properly developed or expanded upon. If the characters were expanded upon and detailed properly, it would have been a great romance story with compelling motivations for characters. As it stands, it seems the story is half-baked and it's pacing retarded halfway through, living an incoherent and incomplete mess.

Dex-chan lover
What a beautiful abomination. I rated this a 10/10 based on audience contempt alone. It's always great to see authors have balls.

Dex-chan lover
If you want a wholesome experience, skip chapters 8.94 to 8.97 (The Kaede Arc) The plot will not be affected since they're useless flashbacks and you'll remember this fondly instead of looking back at it with disdain.

osT8dSs.png

what the fuck do i rate this? i was enjoying it up until chapter 8 and aside from THAT its a perfectly fine little manga

Users who are viewing this thread