Ganbare, Douki-chan (Webcomic) - Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
Sorry kouhai, but men don't want to marry a woman who throws herself into a man, they just want a one night stand. If you want to be a wife material, you have to change your game.

Dex-chan lover
@jetstream300

It's Yomu... There's an actual yuri couple in their other work. I DO get where people are coming from when they ship them. And so does the author LOL.

@Raknasuu

"actual yuri couple in their other work"
Yes in the other work, but if the author adds a bit of straight fanservice in it you people would also be angry if there's suddenly a bunch of delusional straight shippers in that yuri focused work

Dex-chan lover
@Jetstream300 I don’t think they care about that at all. Modern yuri fans are so naive and gullible people that the slightest yuri baiting is instantly perceived by them as "they are lesbians, guys." I understand that shippers themselves are very fast people, but in yuri fandom it does not lend itself to any logic.

@Raknasuu In which? Miru did not even have any official romance at all. And what does it matter if this work was originally announced as straight romcom?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan @Jetstream300

Calm down, damn. I mean... I also know is PURE fanservice because of the same reason: It's Yomu their career is based on that. I was only saying that I get where they are coming from.

Im gonna address you guys in order because your points are valid.

@Jetstream300

Is not that straight fanservice in a yuri manga is bad in itself and makes people angry for what it is... If anything famous (And good) yuri works tend to have straight couples/ships in them too to offer some contrast. The thing about the straight bait in yuri manga is that it is often just a weak and cheap plot device used to introduce some free drama. That's why a lot of people feel like their are getting a gut punch when it happens even if it was just bait and the drama is not introduced (Pre-conceptions I guess)

It also depends on the story. Good authors write human characters that just happen to have some circumstances. Like being gay, or being part of a sub-culture, or being poor etc. and then use this characters to get their point across. If the point gets across introducing some straight characters even tho your focus was the gay ones, most people won't care.

Ideally.

OK. Some people do get upset but that's because of the "safe space" thing. Someone is always go'n' get offended.

As for Gambare, Douki-chan I have no fucking idea of what the author is trying to convey exactly lol, making that long paragraph kinda USELESS. Maybe because Yomu's works tend to have somewhat uni-dimensional characters with lots of banter dialogue... Or maybe this is yet another statement on thights being the best thing in the world. God bless the thights.

Also don't let the yuri shipping bother you. It's mostly a meme. Most people just do it because it's fun. If you get angry people are gonna keep doing it anyway. And Rule 34 exists for a reason, Yomu knows that.

@SuperOniichan

Oh hohohoho!

Did I ever used the word romance?

For the announcement of what a work is supposed to be: You have that point to a certain extent. But ultimately the author is the one who decides to hang the rope from the ceiling and jumping in the sandstorm that is subverting your readers expectations in a way monst of them aren't gonna like.

But I'm with you. This is definitely marketed towards a mostly male (straight) audience. The romantic/sexual interest is a faceless/no eyes male avatar and the eros and quality of attention is concentrated on the female cast. We also see some of the scenes from his perspective. A yuri author would've drawn the main interest's eyes if female. Mostly because then they could lewd her too. If anything the yuri bait on this work really understands this shift on perspective and uses it to its advantage. On the scene that started everything we see Kouhai's half naked body from the perspective of Douki-chan... But then (his wouldn't happen if this was the male lead) we get a reaction when she realizes she's also naked. Then they bait us even more with some banter dialogue... With both of them still naked.

P.D: I probably wrote a lot of BS on here that I should re-check and add examples to. But its 3:25 in the morning and I gotta get some sleep now... I probably won't do revisions either. Sorry for the LONG ASS comment and thanks for reading!

Supporter
Don't worry, Douki-chan, he won't fall for that lame attempt.

On the other hand, were you the one pretending to be drunk...

Welllllll...

He just might go "otoko no ookami" route....

Group Leader
Missed a page from Twitter again.

https://twitter.com/y_o_m_y_o_m/status/1280052761917157377/photo/1

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu Are there any non-romantic YURI couples? Miru had a not-so-subtle lesbian heroine who loved to "comically" molest a friend she liked, but there was no couple there.

Fed-Kun's army
>you poured me too much and now im absolutely hammerreeddddd
this dialogue sucks

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

Yeah. If I gotta be more explicit, their relationship is mostly just sexual (Yom even implies a lot of stuff that happens behind the scenes too, and I do agree with that one girl being a molester at the beginning).

That's why I never said there was any romance involved at all. The "just sex-friends" trope or the relatively more hurtful "just friends fooling around" trope are actually relatively common on yuri. There's Ayano and Miyoshi from Otome no Teikoku, just to give a similar example to the one on Miru Thights. If anything Otome No Teikoku has some interesting similarities with Miru Thights.

But maybe I misused the word "couple". If you feel that's the case, then so be it.

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu I just want to say that somewhere around the beginning of the second half of the show, he posted on Twitter a chart with the relationships of the characters. The “victim” had a “close friend” relationship, while that oujo had “LOVE”. I do not want to speculate about how much "sex" there was, just if we talk only about anime and ignore plotless illustrations (on some, they tease with an attempt to kissing, on others, oujo suddenly implies a footjob), then there was more likely one-sided teasing. But I agree that MT’s reputation as a pretty baiting show could have a big impact on any expectations.

Oh, lesbian sex friends. After Hagure Idol mocked it, I got a psychological trauma over it, lol.

Dex-chan lover
>be me
>search for Hagure Idol cause I didn't get the reference
>score: 6.04
>looks at the tags
>Ecchi, Gore, Sexual Violence, Smut
>has Gal Cleaning PTSD flashbacks
>looks at the synopsis
>"Gravure Idol"
>"Forced into the AV world"
> sees it is still on going
> looks for comments
> read some of them

Why am I interested in giving myself trauma again? Pls stop me @SuperOniichan

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu Lol, you just decided not to start. And I read it every week and constantly think over every chapter, hehe. What is Gal Cleaning? Why are people so “afraid” of this manga?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

Because it was just your typical trashy ecchi comedy about cleaning tips and then, after the introduction of a certain character, it suddenly became... Smuttier.

If anything it isn't the "smut"tag which scares us. Is that when people were originally reading it the "Sexual Violence" tag didn't exist and people got a nasty surprise. Let me give you a summary of the situation:

Canonically speaking, the manga ends on chapter 10. But it actually has MORE THAN 20 chapters. How is that even possible? (Im looking at you, The Dangers In My Heart)

Well... Because Chapter 8 has like 7 parts numbered rationally AND another 4 parts numbered irrationally. These last four parts are a flashback of an almost full on explicit gangbang rape scene. TBH it wasn't that bad in itself, and it doesn't hold the hype I might have given it just now but it is certainly a punch to the gut. Worst part is no one has any fucking idea of why the author decided to do that nor such an explicit depiction does actually add anything to the story in the first place. Remember this was a manga about cleaning?

The only reason I don't regret reading it, it's because of the memes. The comment section is hilarous. Read at your own discretion tho.

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu So, is this the case when something was not just bad, but bad in such a memorable way that you want to discuss it again and again?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

Yes. Definitely so. At least in the way you describe it.

It isn't so much as a "so bad it's good" scenario tho. With "The Room" I could laugh while watching the movie. With this manga, the LOL come as an after thought.

Users who are viewing this thread