Ganbare, Douki-chan (Webcomic)

@assman162
It is prevalent in western media,
it's just expressed differently and also most people don't notice it because they engage with it on a daily basis it's basically become second nature. The Key & Peele - School Bully skit is a pretty good comedic example of exposing the said vs unsaid. Also, the entire culture is swimming in men and women speaking in subtext and communicating nonverballly and they're called passive aggressive for their troubles. IRL example, girl asks guy to pick up the mail, he gets the mail and puts them on the kitchen counter, and the next day finds out she's pissed off because what she actually meant was "pay the bills in the mail" but didn't say anything because she was trying to be nice by giving the guy space to do it when he's ready. Another one might be when parents say "clean your room" they actually mean "get your life together". News outlets even use the term "dog whistle" to label what they infer to be coded language. I think the difference in expression is due to westerners being hyper individual focused while Japan is hyper conformity focused, but indirect communication is embedded in both cultures. You just have to notice the difference in expression.

@vkmi_
sorry

Power Uploader
The latest chapter is bit weird... there maybe a chance of cross-over so gonna wait for next chapter before uploading.

@Hasya those store pages look like they're just an artbook, but am I wrong? Is it the actual character-driven pages in book form?

Power Uploader
@daruna this "ganbere, douki-chan" itself is not a manga. It is more of a art collection with little story weaved in. THe vol 1, 2 is collection of first few chapters released here.

Dex-chan lover
Imma be honest both his senpai and kouhai look much hotter than the titular douki.

oh good, I needed to bite my pillow and scream once I saw Douki in bikini. Can't blame the guy's reaction 😆

Dex-chan lover
@NezNumerus174

shes the titular heroine no way she wont win. worst case scenario is an open ended ending.

both cases suck cuz this post was made by kouhai gang

Power Uploader
The crossover oneshot with Tawawa is out now: https://mangadex.org/title/52035/douki-to-tawawa

Dex-chan lover
Aw lawd, Douki's pain only intensifies in the next chapter... predictable yet inevitable tag is so appropriate XD

Users who are viewing this thread