Gannibal - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Contributor
thanks for the chapter, also seems like @7rk and others commented on they are gonna translate 1-2 weeks ago, yet released nothing. finally we can see some translations.

Power Uploader
@7rK Good luck for you, but you don't seriously expect people to stake out comment sections in advance for "dibs" on series, do you? I didn't even know there was an entry for this series here until it was time to upload the chapter. As if we choose our new projects based on what's posted on MDex!

A series belongs to no one until the first chapter is released. We also lost time and effort a few weeks ago when a group beat us to Jungle Juice. We released our version to not let our editors' work go to waste, saluted the other team and wished them luck, instead of whining in comments.

Shit happens. Scanlation is insular. You have no way of knowing for how long we were working on this, nor we you.

You saw our notice, didn't you? We don't have a team for this. If you do, so much the better, you'll have won the moment you release chapter 2. So suck it up and get to work. And go look into the meaning of "snipe" before flipping your shit: sniping is to start doing a series another group is already releasing, 'cause we aren't psychics to know when you plan to release something.

7rK

Group Leader
@Kendama Well I am not piseed just saddened that my work went to waste. What you said is indeed correct. I see no point in continuing this conversation, so anyways we are dropping it too. Good luck if you wanna do it.

The dude with the gun not even trying to be lowkey geez 😅. Dont think i could live in such a small place like that where people can just say they know what you doing etc actually theres been red flags to leave from start to finish of this chapter. Now the rape flag raised on the wife by fatty that something to look forward to i guess..

Power Uploader
@7rK Sorry if I sounded too hostile. Sniping is an accusation I take very seriously, so I overreacted. We don't do that sort of stuff at Death Toll (though I've been thinking that MTL should enjoy no etiquette-derived restraint).

Group Leader
Do you like Achyif? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Gannibal came out in '20, I think they really came into their own, artistically and editorially. The whole chapter has a clear, crisp font, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the pages a big boost. They've been compared to Kirei Cake, but I think Achyif has a far more bitter, cynical sense of work ethic.

Dex-chan lover
I am not a cannibal, but a gannibal, and that's totally a different thing so it's okay.

7rK

Group Leader
@Kendama That's alright, it was my bad going too far and blaming that on you.
I am not really into these sniping and stuff so I tend to confuse them. Again, I apologize for the statement.
Also we might actually do Gannibal so just a heads up. Thanks

@voldarenvalentine I too enjoy Achyif quite a bit. There's clearly a nod to Banksy's "Waiting in Vain" with a dash of self-referential irony, with the shadow obviously denoting a past of a string of regrets that still haunts the subject. And yet, there is child-like optimism in the emoji-esque removal of the nose, letting the audience know that the subject is charting their own course.
Despite that I find Kirei Cake's magnificent begging that drives viewers to question their own spirituality and relation to the universe to be more to my tastes.
Still to each their own

@greas @koikun Im more joking off the fattys comment and the fact they are cannibals really nothing is off the table depends if mangaka wants to follow through on that line or not

Power Uploader
@7rK Sure, but… "might" is neither here nor there. I'm sorry, but I cannot offer you any assurances. We also might, though the odds of our getting a translator before you do are quite low. So just concentrate on getting your version of chapter 2 out, and when you do we'll immediately give up and wish you good luck. But make no mistake: if we miraculously get a translator in the meantime, we will release chapter 2 if you haven't by then, and will stake a claim. But that's a big "if", so don't worry and do your stuff, time is on your favour.

Users who are viewing this thread