Gatabutata - Ch. 27

Knew she'd try to take it back after she got better 😂 Still, they're both so cute!
And her sunbae's clearly a good guy and all...but I hope she'll be upfront with it next chapter.
Also, is it normal to ask someone out on a date in front of other people?? Just me that wouldn't be comfortable with that? I know it's her friend here but it was a little unexpected to me

The way he laughed when she said the liking thing AHHHHHHH HNNGGGGGGG this makes my day. Thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Go find yourself someone else Haejun, someone who knows what she wants and not constantly in denial
You can do better

Thanks for the TL!

Haejun has so much patience for her, its agonizing for me lol I wish they would hurry up and clear up the misunderstandings!!!

@firelordzuzu I don't think there are any misunderstandings between them right now though? They got all of their past straightened up and she actually suspects he has feelings for her.
And there is the problem, she seems to deny any idea of relationships right now.

@jazz9 Oh yeah, you can bet there will be drama incoming soon about that, I don't see her getting over dating aversion any time soon. She will probably hurt his feelings again, which really makes her high maintenance....

As a girl, it’s perfectly fine to take your time in choosing to date. There’s no set date, but if a guy like ML comes around, damn sis, best of luck not losing him to someone else

Group Leader
@jazz9
Go find yourself someone else Haejun, someone who knows what she wants and not constantly in denial
You can do better

You beat me to it. If Haejun is willing to put himself through the torture of waiting around for Hyejin while she dates other guys, he must be a super-M. This is another one of those series where the author intends to make the male lead suffer for endless chapters before (and if) the female lead finally accepts him as a boyfriend.

As for the sunbae, he's way to pushy, manipulative and jealous. Don't like him at all, though I wouldn't mind if Hyejin started dating him only to find out too late that she really wants to be with Haejun but he's already got himself a girlfriend. As you can tell, I don't have much (if any) sympathy for Hyejin.

@firelordzuzu

Other people were gossiping rumors and peer pressuring her, leading to her emotional state to be very unstable. Haejun overheard her talking to herself about breaking up to stop the rumors, and so they decided to break up.

@Leonhart93 - ok yeah I see now, it's in ch 12-14. When you read it a chapter at a time it's easy to forget the details 😪
@eypicasso - 👍 I just wasn't sure if she knew that he overheard the conversation with her so called friends

I can see why she'd be wary of getting into a relationship. Haejun is doing right by her by taking it slow. Buuuut as a reader I hope it doesn't drag on too much!

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
Would be great if the author introduced another love interest for Haejun
That way Hyejin can date her "I don't know what personal space or consent mean" sunbae all she wants

People can say this dude is just awkward but unless you've been raised by wild animals in the forest I'm pretty sure you should be aware that you can't just touch people out of nowhere or make them go outside with you (like in ch21) without checking if they're ok with it first.

And her going to the exhibition when she didn't even want to just because he already bought the tickets.....ugh

Fed-Kun's army
I don't care if he's "socially awkward" and shit, but that Sunbae is showing some real manipulative behaviors lul

Group Leader
@jazz9
Would be great if the author introduced another love interest for Haejun
That way Hyejin can date her "I don't know what personal space or consent mean" sunbae all she wants

Oh, if only that were the case.

And her going to the exhibition when she didn't even want to just because he already bought the tickets.....ugh

@Dioss
I don't care if he's "socially awkward" and shit, but that Sunbae is showing some real manipulative behaviors lul

Socially awkward? More like socially manipulative. He knew exactly what trap he was laying by buying the tickets in advance and then flaunting them at her. And doing it in front of someone else, knowing that that would make it even harder for her to refuse. He knows she's not interested in him romantically, but he just keeps forcing himself on her. What an asshole. And the more I read, the less and less I like Hyejin, she's such a fucking moron.

Dex-chan lover
I think she's partly backing away from Haejun because she feels she did him wrong and it wouldn't be fair to him to drag him into a relationship with her again--like, she hurt him once and isn't once enough? It's a mistake, but kind of understandable.

Hyejin is not "high maintenance" or "annoying" for being cautious about her feelings. Dating Haejun back in middle school put her through such an emotional turmoil and led to her apprehension and wariness about dating and love in general. So much that she hasn't dated anyone in those 5 years. If she were to just come and be like "yeah I like you again, let's date" to Haejun when she obviously still feels guilty about their past wouldn't be fair to either of them.
I think Haejun gets that, and he is willing to wait for her to come to terms with her feelings without pressuring her, which is lovely and how it should be tbh.
If you just think that Hyejin is a "moron" for not wanting to rush into a relationship when she's not comfortable about it then clearly you haven't paid enough attention to the story..

Users who are viewing this thread