GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 88

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy. One of the mass media personnel is dead. They're going to have a field day over this :'(

Fed-Kun's army
@Cidolfas

"Less strawman war correspondents and munitions fetishism, more Itami and other soldiers getting caught up in fantasy world shenanigans please."

+1

Dex-chan lover
There's going to be a bombshell next chapter.
Not that people don't know about it already.

Double-page supporter
im still a bit puzzled as to why they left the prince to escape if this will end up to this kind of fight... or maybe im missing something...

Double-page supporter
@alidan There is no such thing as "raw footage", even the most bare-bones helmet-cam/smartphone documentary has intent behind it.

Still: WTF is 403rd company. I knew the author had no clue about military stuff, but this is weak, even for him.

Fed-Kun's army
My question is whether they had trouble taking out those big troll thingies with the 20 mm metal plates. Realistically, a .50 caliber would be EXTREMELY effective at taking out them, considering how their plates will active the fuses inside the 12.7mm rounds, causing the rounds to explode INSIDE the trolls. If you were efficient with how you aim, you could take them out with one bullet.

Double-page supporter
@SakamotoDeath - only if you're not in "a war to the knife." If you're in a position of strength, yes, you can always sacrifice dozens(hundreds) of your countrymen for the moral - NO, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR STUPID MORALIZING, I'M NOT SACRIFICING MY SON OR MY BROTHER FOR THAT

Dex-chan lover
@Cidolfas
"Less strawman war correspondents"
That's more anchor and producer behavior, but a few correspondents can be pretty bad if they think they're stars.
My mom was Red Cross director of a refugee camp during a certain African country's civil war (I won't say which one, because that would give away my last name in one easy google search). She often had to deal with celebrities and network stars wanting photo ops with unfortunate Africans. The celebrities were pretty congenial, but the newscasters were absolute c*nts, every single one of them. They were like Jekyll and Hyde depending on if there was a camera in front of them or not.

Damn, they're really succeeding in making me hate this social justice reporter. sadly enough a good chunk of the ones in the real world are just as trash. where did the good reporters like Kaj Larsen go.

@Ruhrpottpatriot
raw footage is generally understood as unedited, the the case that sticks with me the most, the footage was edited in a way to make it sound like she was trying to call for an end to the rioting, while the 'raw' footage showed her going off on a racist rant encouraging a targeted riot.

this is a lie by omission, and a very common tactic that is easy to sort out due to how many cameras are present at any given time.

and yes, while I can agree that intent is a big factor, almost every major story coming out of warzones has been lies by omissions where raw footage comes out and you see how blatant the lie was.
Honestly there are far FAR worse things media has done like setting up shots where they move dead bodies to make the scene as tragic as they possibly can, there are very famous examples of this

granted all this said, it is very different when you look at a warzone where a camera phone won't be out at all times, but I do believe that time will completely change this as well.

Aggregator gang
I wonder which I hate more, cops, or "journalists". Anyways, such onesided contemptible barely plot relevant characters are better off not included. As is the obvious and crude nationalism. Get back to the story.

I knew this was a right-wing power fantasy from the beginning, but for the most part that's been easy enough to ignore since the story is still pretty fun. But this shit with the journalists is just completely unnecessary. Sometimes the author dips into semi-fascist mythologizing about how the corrupt decadence of democracy holds back the innate goodness of the military, and that's just boring to read. When the author stops telling a story to just lecture the audience about their own pet theories, it's not very interesting even when you agree with them. And when it's this particular brand of bullshit, it becomes hard to take.

@Wolvenworks It's really just Komurazaki. The other reporters may be depicted making culturally biased remarks, but they stay in line and try not to get in the JSDF's way.

@Cidolfas
"Less strawman war correspondents and munitions fetishism, more Itami and other soldiers getting caught up in fantasy world shenanigans please."

If we're going to ask for ponies, I'd like to request less edgelord commentary from the millenial readers.

@schuyguy

Wow, you're reading a lot into this. Are you sure you're not just pounding the table with your own, I'm assuming, left-wing political agenda? Aside from Komurazaki, I found the depiction of the other reporters to be fine. Kuribayashi's sister adds an interesting counterpoint to Komurazaki's demands and gripes. Would like to see more of that, but I realize this isn't a manga about reporters in a warzone.

"semi-fascist mythologizing about how the corrupt decadence of democracy holds back the innate goodness of the military," Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but how about just enjoying the story rather than trying to cram and process everything through your radicalized political box. If you feel you can't enjoy this, how about moving on to something that does suit your socio-political tastes? I can almost taste the salt and vitriol from the other side of the internet.

@TheLastKing360
"they're really succeeding in making me hate this social justice reporter"
Interesting, you see him as representing the "social justice" agenda. I see him as a bitter old man with a deep resentment of authority, but with a serious authoritarian streak himself. But I can't bring myself to completely hate him. He did after all mentor Kuribayashi's sister, even going out of his way to introduce her to one of his sources.

@Kaarme
"5.56 is a peashooter because that's what it is. 7.62, however, will never let you down."
Depends on what it's being used against. Against those armored ogres, even 7.62 is a peashooter, especially with the down-powered JSDF ammunition.

@Abetillo
"That's the part that ticks me off: Tyuwal was not furry in the slightest when she was in the capital and now it is before the transformation , and after it the wings and bird claws dissapeared, which leads me to the doppelganger theory."

Tyuwal is the 'harpy' (or sirene or other subvariant) girl. She has wings for arms. You might be thinking of Misery who is like an 'angel' (wings in addition to arms) The furry girl who transforms is not Tyuwal. She is the girl the soldiers found in the merchant's locked box.

Users who are viewing this thread