GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 97

Double-page supporter
"A Japanese looking chef with out-worldly cooking skills from no background, admitting he's a spy?! No... That can't be true."

Fed-Kun's army
@Rosen_Ritter its double reverse psychology. no spy is stupid enough to admit they are a spy right?
that said it would be bad. unless its not the side you are spying on.

because this is a 3 way not. they had already been gifted bait apparently. and now they are doing the same i guess.

Well, if someone says "I'm a spy" he is either crazy ( because spies tend to not be well treated ;) ) or he is weaponizing that fact, either to stir waters or to recruit someone. That part was obvious.

That said, waters were stirred indeed :/

Dex-chan lover
I hate when I read monthly chapters right when they come out only for the chapter to be a "Next month is gonna be awesome don't you wish you waited a little so you don't have to wait for a month long cliffhanger" XD

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone remind me what were the circumstances of Furuta being left as the cook (or at least a chapter number), and, most of all, how the heck no one considered him a spy? I agree with Rosen_Ritter, the guy is Japanese, so shouldn't he be the prime suspect?

Dex-chan lover
"tell me your weakness it's not fair you know mine"
"okay, I'm a spy. alright see ya later"
"no way I never would have thought this japanese guy would be the spy!"

Dex-chan lover
What I dislike the most is how modern day politics make something that should have ended in a week go on for months.

Group Leader
@HYBRID_BEING Exactly for the reason you see here; to spy on Zorzal, since he earned Zorzal's favor when he tasted the meat with mustard that Furata cooked both for the secret Senator meeting with the JSDF and again when they snuck Furata in as a palace chef just before they rescued Pina and Emperor from the palace. Zorzal is an overconfident moron straight up, and probably doesn't realize that Japanese facial features are not common on that world. Plus Furata is good as kissing Zorzal's ass by listening to his complaints and showing "concern" for his dietary habits, so Zorzal sees him as someone on his side.

@zetsuravez Furata slipped it in her dress when he leaned in to tell her he was a spy.

@NekoHybrid Yeah, but it's not like they gave cage-guy a name yet.

Dex-chan lover
They dont know that rescue operation is one of the most drilled in the mind of modern soldiers, because there is rarely open war now.

@HYBRID_BEING I think Furuta put under the radar because he already with the prince even before he doing anything (coup d etat, revolution, etc), the first time they met is in the party which Japanese ministry sponsored, I forget where the chapter is but its in earlier chapter, close to fire dragon subjugation (I think its before).

Users who are viewing this thread