GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Vol. 19 Ch. 100

I knew something good would await me on mangadex tonight. I was wrong. I witnessed something awesome. 11/10 hellscape created by .50 cal

Dex-chan lover
Is there any pages missing? Seems odd that it ends like that at page 29 when the previous chapters at like, 33 pages.

Delilah so badass as always <3

thankyuu for the new chapter! this was a pretty sweet year for this manga. looking forward for what's coming next year.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter.
Makes sense that they got injured with some arrows and bolts as the armor needed against it would be too bulky for the operation procedures.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what's more impressive - the fact that Japanese have prepared withdrawal points at least up to D just in case, the fact that imperial troops have them all covered, or the fact that some soldiers still think they can measure Japanese soldiers' capabilities with their medieval standards.

Dex-chan lover
So the commander's pinky ring is fine but why he's screaming and passed out?

Contributor
It’s been a while, but is pretending to harm a hostage in order to make the other party submit a war crime?

Okay, once point B was a lost option, they should have called in air support so that by the time they got to C or D or whatever after that, they had enough covering fire to pull out. Just changing extraction zones after the first three are compromised is just silly.

Dex-chan lover
Begin Preparation H.

Anyway, thank you for the chapters this year, happy new year.

Cool seeing Delilah with a Kukri. A Warrior Bunny'd be a match for any human Gurhka !

The sniper seems to be using a Barrett M107, chambered for the 12.7×99mm NATO round. That would explain the disappearing head afer one shot

Personally, I'd like to see them clear a landing zone using napalm, but that's just me.

Supporter
They only brought in the Chinook ? What about the attack helicopters ? Even one would had been enough to clear that entire area.

Even just a Chinook...

One or two gunners on a Mk 19 and they could clear an army.

@LordZero

All the tactical assets capable of reaching them are already assigned to other missions or down for maintenance as implied in chapter 96. But have no fear, it's probably Itami and company in that Chinook, picking them up on their way back from Cnapnuy.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh ffs retreating battle is the worst :( even more if you have subjects to protect. Add time limited extraction and it becomes hell.

@Eridian
Okay, once point B was a lost option, they should have called in air support so that by the time they got to C or D or whatever after that, they had enough covering fire to pull out. Just changing extraction zones after the first three are compromised is just silly.

Remember, this is the JSDF operating out of a single base in another world, not the US military with plenty of air-support on call with access to bases and logistics on every continent on Earth.
The way Yanagida was talking in chapter 97, the AO might have been a bit too far out for them to provide any kind of meaningful support with the assets they have on hand.
Again, remember, their supply line is whatever can fit down a 2 lane tunnel with a likely height restriction that lets out in downtown Tokyo. I'm personally amazed they managed to get those transport aircraft there in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
can't call an air support on an operation like this.

yes the AF are present but all those clearances man... gives you headaches

gotta do what you gotta do, just hold out for the exfil and hope they don't pull an Al-Asad along the way... xD

Users who are viewing this thread