Gay Fuuzoku no Mochigi-san - Sexuality Is Life -

Thank you so much for picking up scanlating an LGBT related manga!
There aren't many mangas that talk about how life is living as an LGBT person in Japan so reading this actually makes me a lil happy

Dex-chan lover
*Laughs in hydras, slugs, and starfishes having no gender*

Group Leader
Gotta love a good autobio comic, moreso when it's about somebody who's lived an especially interesting life.

Dex-chan lover
Is it weird that I consider "Yuri" "Lesbian/Gay" and "LGBT" as different terms?

Words of wisdom in the last two chapters. It's really important to find a goal/dream to fully live a good life and not to be attached to a "shortcut" job.

Contributor
This was a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be

Aggregator gang
interesting memoirs about an evidently interesting life the author had, the LGMT aspect adds a different dimension that is refreshing change from other similar series.

the issue I have is when the self-styled 'woke' pitchfork mob on Twitter and the like try to ram LGBT-related things down everyone's throats.

Double-page supporter
I disavow prostitution but this is an interesting behind the scenes to understand the way things work in that place.
@elbs
I don't like the fact they make the comment sections a bubble of 'positivity" bs tbh but that's just how it works 😬

Contributor
It sugar-coats everything with the art-style and humour; such that I feel like I have to go back and re-think about the stories I just read to process them as anything other than just, well, stories. I guess the forward just about said as much, though.

The other thing I find myself wondering is whether or not how sort of comparatively-positive these stories are from what one might expect from a prostitution diary, is some sort of survivorship bias (e.g. did the author stayed with it as a lifestyle because it was a relatively positive experience for him), or whether the industry was as largely-ethical as it's made out to be here (which seems less likely, but I have no idea), or, I suppose, whether the author might be sugar-coating the facts, too (though I wouldn't want to presume that).

But it's still nice to hear some either way. And I guess I probably wouldn't be able to stomach reading too much of the worse experiences out there, in frankness.

images

Users who are viewing this thread