Gedou Tenisha no Harem Dungeon Seisakuki - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Negotiating With The Outside World

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't Nitta, it was adventurer who said that. In the same panel Nitta and Tanya are surprised to hear that.
You got me on this one. I confused what the adventurer said for Nitta since it was just Nitta and Tanya on the panel. I still find it odd how the guards know that Nitta is human (since they've actually met and seen Nitta talking with the new village chief in the dungeon), yet the villagers have no idea who Nitta is.
Well, i didn't say they were "brainwashed" into zealous followers (well, Philia may have been, lol) - Alice's personality still remains, however she is not hostile towards Nitta, nor seems to be distraught. Whether this is DM powers at work, or we are supposed to think Alice and Philia are falling for Nitta after he raped them because of some sweet talk, i dunno. But my point was that most villagers most likely do not recognize Alice nor Philia, but see them as "merely sluts".
I would assume the slave collar prevents slaves from attacking their masters. And it is likely that Nitta would mention them by name several times when he talked with them. Japanese tend to call each other by their names when addressing them, rather than simply making statements or saying "you". Japanese, also, then to refer to themselves in the third person, rather than saying "I" or "me". People could connect the dots and figure out that his two sluts are actually same Alice and Philia from their village. Still, without actually being able to read the original Japanese raws, there is no way for you and me to confirm any of this, so I'll concede this point to you.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Other protagonists make chess or reversi or fridges, this guy makes s*x toys.

Dex-chan lover
You got me on this one. I confused what the adventurer said for Nitta since it was just Nitta and Tanya on the panel. I still find it odd how the guards know that Nitta is human (since they've actually met and seen Nitta talking with the new village chief in the dungeon), yet the villagers have no idea who Nitta is.
Maybe to prevent panic (also would explain why Nitta bothered with disguise), or because they are sorta indebted for being freed from the scum of a village chief and getting patched up? Also, are people actually aware, that DM is not a threat outside his dungeon?

I would assume the slave collar prevents slaves from attacking their masters. And it is likely that Nitta would mention them by name several times when he talked with them. Japanese tend to call each other by their names when addressing them, rather than simply making statements or saying "you". Japanese, also, then to refer to themselves in the third person, rather than saying "I" or "me". People could connect the dots and figure out that his two sluts are actually same Alice and Philia from their village. Still, without actually being able to read the original Japanese raws, there is no way for you and me to confirm any of this, so I'll concede this point to you.
Oh, yeah, the slave collars, right. It looks like collars don't brainwash a person instantly, but mess with the head enough so they could possibly submit by other means.
I don't think Japanese "tend" to refer to themselves in third person, actually, that's just a trope to make character act/look cutesy or childish. From the translation it doesn't look like Alice or Philia referred to themselves in third person, nor did Nitta called out to them by name.
Honestly, i'm gonna assume they were talking with no one actually listening on them, otherwise it would stretch my suspension of disbelief even more.
But then again, looking at the scene in tavern, Tanya is actually talking to Ryuuto, and he doesn't look surprised to see a fairy. I'll probably just also assume that fairies are not uncommon in this world...

Dex-chan lover
But the problem with that is the village chief was under the impression that everyone in the entire village would be suffering greatly under a dungeon master's rule before he told her his terms. Seems like the perfect opportunity to free themselves from endless suffering by killing said dungeon master right there away from all his goblins.
That would be very risky, they already lost in a fight and are down the majority of their fighting force, and have no clue how strong he himself is, or if he sent a body double or somthing. It sounds like typically dungeon masters that are smart are called devils, and sounds like they themselves are high level threats. So sure he is without his goblins, but he does have three elite servants with him as far as they know, and they are without their warriors, I would not call that a good opportunity let alone a perfect one.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe to prevent panic (also would explain why Nitta bothered with disguise), or because they are sorta indebted for being freed from the scum of a village chief and getting patched up? Also, are people actually aware, that DM is not a threat outside his dungeon?
The village chief would feel indebted, since she's a woman, but the rest of the village guards (assuming all or most were men) were actually benefiting from selling off their women. They seemed excited at the chance to rape Philia, and it wouldn't be stretch to assume that many of the people in that village are assholes. I mean, Phillia's own parents sold off their own daughter to be raped. Villages are communities so small that it can be thought of as a really large family. There's simply no way people other than the children wouldn't know what was going on. All the adults had to be in on it.
Oh, yeah, the slave collars, right. It looks like collars don't brainwash a person instantly, but mess with the head enough so they could possibly submit by other means.
I don't think Japanese "tend" to refer to themselves in third person, actually, that's just a trope to make character act/look cutesy or childish. From the translation it doesn't look like Alice or Philia referred to themselves in third person, nor did Nitta called out to them by name.
Honestly, i'm gonna assume they were talking with no one actually listening on them, otherwise it would stretch my suspension of disbelief even more.
But then again, looking at the scene in tavern, Tanya is actually talking to Ryuuto, and he doesn't look surprised to see a fairy. I'll probably just also assume that fairies are not uncommon in this world...
Philia had a proper slave collar on, which is why she submitted so quickly, while Alice's slave collar only gives her heightened sensitivity. But you are right that it doesn't seem that slave collars do brainwash people instantly.
And I've watched many conversations with Japanese people on Youtube and Japanese live-action TV programming that I have to disagree on Japanese referring to themselves in the third person as a trope. Even in anime, you see people refer to others and themselves by name a lot more often than Western English speakers. Sure, they do speak in a cutesy and over-the-top way compared to the reserved and almost monotone speech of normal Japanese people, but you still see names being mentioned a lot in conversations.
I've wondered about that as well. It was so odd that no one seemed to care that a flying girl with huge wings was around them that it either has to be fairies are everywhere in that world or it's Tanya's magic doing her thing.
That would be very risky, they already lost in a fight and are down the majority of their fighting force, and have no clue how strong he himself is, or if he sent a body double or somthing. It sounds like typically dungeon masters that are smart are called devils, and sounds like they themselves are high level threats. So sure he is without his goblins, but he does have three elite servants with him as far as they know, and they are without their warriors, I would not call that a good opportunity let alone a perfect one.
They lost a good chunk of their fighting force, but I don't remember it being mentioned exactly how many was lost and how many remained. A clone is a possibility, but do people even know about clones in that world? Can dungeon masters even create clones of themselves in the first place? Unless stated otherwise, I would have to assume that such things don't happen, or are simply extremely rare, since people would be able to explain way things with a bunch of "What if's".
It's the people that weren't in the dungeon that think he's a demon. The people that went into the dungeon and were treated by him know that he's a human. And a smart and experienced person would be able to guess that he wasn't much of a threat outside his dungeon by how he didn't do anything to them until they went into the dungeon, how it was only weak goblins that were attacking them with stones, and how they only really lost because of trickery and ambushes inside the dungeon.
And I thought that Tanya's magic only simply made Alice and Philia look like sluts - not elite servants?

Dex-chan lover
Phillia's own parents sold off their own daughter to be raped.
That's another confusing part, Philia said her parents were sacrificed before her (and, i think, she mentioned them being avenged after village chief was killed?), so how did it end up with her being sold by them?

Philia had a proper slave collar on, which is why she submitted so quickly, while Alice's slave collar only gives her heightened sensitivity.
Was that explained? I mean, their collars do look different, by i don't recall it being spelled out.

And I've watched many conversations with Japanese people on Youtube and Japanese live-action TV programming that I have to disagree on Japanese referring to themselves in the third person as a trope. Even in anime, you see people refer to others and themselves by name a lot more often than Western English speakers. Sure, they do speak in a cutesy and over-the-top way compared to the reserved and almost monotone speech of normal Japanese people, but you still see names being mentioned a lot in conversations.
Well, calling each other by names is a given, it is a part of Japanese etiquette. Can't say i've seen any real life conversation where Japanese would refer to themself in third person, though (and japanese live-action TV is too dramatic to be a proof).

I could've argued on a few other things, but i just don't feel like doing it anymore. This flimsy world-building is just not worthy of straining my suspension of disbelief any further.

Dex-chan lover
That's another confusing part, Philia said her parents were sacrificed before her (and, i think, she mentioned them being avenged after village chief was killed?), so how did it end up with her being sold by them?
Being told they were to be sacrificed is bad enough. I would assume they wouldn't tell their own daughter they sold them off to be gang raped by the village and sold off again as a sex slave. I mean, that would be a really good way for your cash cows to flee for safety.

And are you referring to what Philia says about helping her parents on chapter 9, page 17? Philia confirms she was sold off by her parents in chapter 9, page 14, so I am as confused as you are what she meant by that. It could be her parents were forced to sell her off, but there is simply not enough information think otherwise, since it appears that most of the village knew about it, and at least a good portion of took part in it. The old village chief didn't seem to be hiding his intentions for Philia, when she confronted him; even encouraging his men by promising Philia herself.
Was that explained? I mean, their collars do look different, by i don't recall it being spelled out.
Chapter 5, page 3. Tanya explains that because the extra detention cells were added in such short notice, there wasn't enough DP to include a proper brainwashing function. I'm assuming they simply used their Dungeon Points to expand and improve the dungeon, not expecting to have more "visitors" so soon.
Well, calling each other by names is a given, it is a part of Japanese etiquette. Can't say i've seen any real life conversation where Japanese would refer to themself in third person, though (and japanese live-action TV is too dramatic to be a proof).

I could've argued on a few other things, but i just don't feel like doing it anymore. This flimsy world-building is just not worthy of straining my suspension of disbelief any further.
It's more like instead of say "I" or "Me", they would Satoshi-kun (self) feels this way or Truck-kun (self) has this uncontrollable urge to drive over poor doormat-kun crossing the street over there. This is what I mean by referring to themselves in the third person.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I would assume they wouldn't tell their own daughter they sold them off to be gang raped by the village and sold off again as a sex slave. I mean, that would be a really good way for your cash cows to flee for safety.
Sorry, not exactly following who is who here. You might want to rephrase this a bit.

Chapter 5, page 3. Tanya explains that because the extra detention cells were added in such short notice, there wasn't enough DP to include a proper brainwashing function.
Ah, thanks.

It's more like instead of say "I" or "Me", they would Satoshi-kun (self) feels this way or Truck-kun (self) has this uncontrollable urge to drive over poor doormat-kun crossing the street over there. This is what I mean by referring to themselves in the third person.
Yeah, we are on the same page here. It's just that i'm not aware about adult Japanese doing it that much in real life.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, not exactly following who is who here. You might want to rephrase this a bit.
Sorry. I meant that her parents sold Philia off to the village chief to be gang raped by people in the village before being sold off again by the village chief to human traffickers.
Yeah, we are on the same page here. It's just that i'm not aware about adult Japanese doing it that much in real life.
As far as I'm aware, while they do not do this all the time, this still happens often enough to be noticeable (depending on the situation and conversation of course).

Dex-chan lover
The village chief would feel indebted, since she's a woman, but the rest of the village guards (assuming all or most were men) were actually benefiting from selling off their women. They seemed excited at the chance to rape Philia, and it wouldn't be stretch to assume that many of the people in that village are assholes. I mean, Phillia's own parents sold off their own daughter to be raped. Villages are communities so small that it can be thought of as a really large family. There's simply no way people other than the children wouldn't know what was going on. All the adults had to be in on it.

Philia had a proper slave collar on, which is why she submitted so quickly, while Alice's slave collar only gives her heightened sensitivity. But you are right that it doesn't seem that slave collars do brainwash people instantly.
I've wondered about that as well. It was so odd that no one seemed to care that a flying girl with huge wings was around them that it either has to be fairies are everywhere in that world or it's Tanya's magic doing her thing.

They lost a good chunk of their fighting force, but I don't remember it being mentioned exactly how many was lost and how many remained. A clone is a possibility, but do people even know about clones in that world? Can dungeon masters even create clones of themselves in the first place? Unless stated otherwise, I would have to assume that such things don't happen, or are simply extremely rare, since people would be able to explain way things with a bunch of "What if's".
It's the people that weren't in the dungeon that think he's a demon. The people that went into the dungeon and were treated by him know that he's a human. And a smart and experienced person would be able to guess that he wasn't much of a threat outside his dungeon by how he didn't do anything to them until they went into the dungeon, how it was only weak goblins that were attacking them with stones, and how they only really lost because of trickery and ambushes inside the dungeon.
And I thought that Tanya's magic only simply made Alice and Philia look like sluts - not elite servants?
Wait did they ever see him? I don't recall him showing himself in front of any of them. Even if he did they have no way to be sure he is the dudgeon master and not a minion.
And that there was weak enemies that were used so effectively means they have to be wary of his intelligence. You never know what kinds of backup plans he could have. That he is willing to show up like this indicates that he feels safe doing so, it could be a bluff, but also could not be, and that's why its a gamble.
As for how many they lost, its not stated, but while we don't know the number we do know the who, they lost the ex soldier and his group, who were the experienced fighters, they rest were village watchmen, sure they can fight a bit, but they really just have numbers and gear. In a straight forward fight they are ok, but they aren't going to coordinate well and be good for a ambush. That he came there with to "sluts" after displaying intelligence is very odd, and be reason to suspect a trap, if they can detect magic they would realized a disguise is in play, which mean you have to be wary of the guards, all in all there is a lot of unknowns for the village.
But I think all this is forgetting the biggest factor, the village only gets one chance at this, make the wrong call and it costs them their lives. Its easy to say be bold and take this risk, but in practice its a very big risk. Playing it safe and not risking lives with so many unknow variables in play is a very reasonable call, as it also lets them get more info and buys then time to get reinforcement with very little cost. We don't know they didn't prep to try to kill him during the visit ether, they could have waited to see if he wanted to kill or cripple them, and when his stance was one that didn't harm them and gave them time they had no reason not to use the time he gave them.

Dex-chan lover
Wait did they ever see him? I don't recall him showing himself in front of any of them. Even if he did they have no way to be sure he is the dudgeon master and not a minion.
And that there was weak enemies that were used so effectively means they have to be wary of his intelligence. You never know what kinds of backup plans he could have. That he is willing to show up like this indicates that he feels safe doing so, it could be a bluff, but also could not be, and that's why its a gamble.
As for how many they lost, its not stated, but while we don't know the number we do know the who, they lost the ex soldier and his group, who were the experienced fighters, they rest were village watchmen, sure they can fight a bit, but they really just have numbers and gear. In a straight forward fight they are ok, but they aren't going to coordinate well and be good for a ambush. That he came there with to "sluts" after displaying intelligence is very odd, and be reason to suspect a trap, if they can detect magic they would realized a disguise is in play, which mean you have to be wary of the guards, all in all there is a lot of unknowns for the village.
But I think all this is forgetting the biggest factor, the village only gets one chance at this, make the wrong call and it costs them their lives. Its easy to say be bold and take this risk, but in practice its a very big risk. Playing it safe and not risking lives with so many unknow variables in play is a very reasonable call, as it also lets them get more info and buys then time to get reinforcement with very little cost. We don't know they didn't prep to try to kill him during the visit ether, they could have waited to see if he wanted to kill or cripple them, and when his stance was one that didn't harm them and gave them time they had no reason not to use the time he gave them.
The new village chief specially recognizes Nitta and thanks him for treating her people after attack on his dungeon. She also doesn't bother asking for introductions, nor even talking with the other girls in his group. She goes straight for Nitta and makes the deal with him right there.
They relied on surprise and ambush and the stupidity and arrogance of the old village chief to win their battle. The new village chief seems a lot smarter and level headed than the old one. Nitta won with weak goblins because he was on the defensive and they were stupid enough to simply rush at them without any plan or reason. Those tactics won't work on the village when Nitta would be on the defense without his goblins and the element of surprise to even things out.
The old village chief was a trained and experienced soldier that gave his men the same training as him. The old village chief specifically calls his fighters that he took into the dungeon the village watchmen, so there's no reason to believe that the rest of the village watchmen would be any less trained than the ones who died in the dungeon. Would they have the same experience as the old village chief, no, but that doesn't make them any less trained in fighting than any other new soldier.
There was no magic involved in any of the traps. Philia simply provoked them into rushing down a narrow hallway all at once and got stuck. All the goblins had to do is just pick them off while at a distance and then pick them off while they were stuck. The ambush with the rocks was simply having a hole in the ceiling and throwing a bunch of rocks on people.
Or the people could simply move out of the village if their attack didn't succeed and be safe somewhere else. There's no reason why anyone would stay in a place where they would be suffer for the rest of their lives, if they can get out there. Let the military or the Adventurers Guild deal with gathering information on the dungeon. Those villagers are just poor farmers that would sell their own daughters for money.

Dex-chan lover
The new village chief specially recognizes Nitta and thanks him for treating her people after attack on his dungeon. She also doesn't bother asking for introductions, nor even talking with the other girls in his group. She goes straight for Nitta and makes the deal with him right there.
They relied on surprise and ambush and the stupidity and arrogance of the old village chief to win their battle. The new village chief seems a lot smarter and level headed than the old one. Nitta won with weak goblins because he was on the defensive and they were stupid enough to simply rush at them without any plan or reason. Those tactics won't work on the village when Nitta would be on the defense without his goblins and the element of surprise to even things out.
The old village chief was a trained and experienced soldier that gave his men the same training as him. The old village chief specifically calls his fighters that he took into the dungeon the village watchmen, so there's no reason to believe that the rest of the village watchmen would be any less trained than the ones who died in the dungeon. Would they have the same experience as the old village chief, no, but that doesn't make them any less trained in fighting than any other new soldier.
There was no magic involved in any of the traps. Philia simply provoked them into rushing down a narrow hallway all at once and got stuck. All the goblins had to do is just pick them off while at a distance and then pick them off while they were stuck. The ambush with the rocks was simply having a hole in the ceiling and throwing a bunch of rocks on people.
Or the people could simply move out of the village if their attack didn't succeed and be safe somewhere else. There's no reason why anyone would stay in a place where they would be suffer for the rest of their lives, if they can get out there. Let the military or the Adventurers Guild deal with gathering information on the dungeon. Those villagers are just poor farmers that would sell their own daughters for money.
But again your really approaching this from the all-knowing viewpoint of a reader alongside the disconnect of its easy to say somthing, but in practice there is more factors and difficulty with no second chances. The villagers do not have as much info. And no the first thing she asked when she saw him was "are you the dudgeon master" That is her being uncertain and asking for him to identify himself. Your
"She also doesn't bother asking for introductions"
is just wrong, she knew a envoy was coming, and asked a question for more information.

Your also suggesting they should just leave their farms behind and move, that is suicide, they have no money or resources to start over with, they do not have the ability to move to a new location. If they leave they just lose the land, no one buys it as its being abandoned, Their options are being a exploited farmers or die in a slum of another town. At best they will be a ostracized outsiders in another small town. No matter what they will be exploited, the question is how much, the reson they resigned themselves to the dungeons master is simple, even him demanding sacrifices would be better than the fate that would befall them for leaving.
Your also just ignoring so many things, like that the goblins were irregular and knew how to use slings, which was enough to shock the veteran warrior. They do no know what he is capable of, they know he is intelligent, they know he has irregularities in his forces. Yes the watchmen are fighters, but the chain of command is in shambles. They made the right choose of live to fight another day while finding out information and losing nothing. Letting him come state his demands and learning literally cost the absolutely nothing. Now they know more, can wait of reinforcements, and preserved all their remaining fighting force, yes he demanded crops, but that want be paid that day, they have weeks if not months till they have to pay that, and he charged less then any Lord would and even offered assistance to them with a workforce. There is literally no reason to rush to their deaths with rash actions. That he healed them and let them go showed that he was merciful, and so they knew going in that he could be reasoned with.

Dex-chan lover
But again your really approaching this from the all-knowing viewpoint of a reader alongside the disconnect of its easy to say somthing, but in practice there is more factors and difficulty with no second chances. The villagers do not have as much info. And no the first thing she asked when she saw him was "are you the dudgeon master" That is her being uncertain and asking for him to identify himself. Your
They are people trained to fight by an experienced soldier. And I would assume that they have at least some experience defending and doing recon of potential threats to their village before they ever went to the dungeon. And no, the first thing the new village chief says is "Welcome to our home, Dungeon Master-sama" (chapter 10, page 7).
is just wrong, she knew a envoy was coming, and asked a question for more information.
She knew the envoy was coming, but it was never shown who would be coming. Just because they told her they would be coming doesn't mean they actually told her how many and the identities of the people coming to the meeting. How would she know the difference between a representative and the dungeon master himself, unless she knew who he was before the meeting?
Your also suggesting they should just leave their farms behind and move, that is suicide, they have no money or resources to start over with, they do not have the ability to move to a new location. If they leave they just lose the land, no one buys it as its being abandoned, Their options are being a exploited farmers or die in a slum of another town. At best they will be a ostracized outsiders in another small town. No matter what they will be exploited, the question is how much, the reson they resigned themselves to the dungeons master is simple, even him demanding sacrifices would be better than the fate that would befall them for leaving.
Your also just ignoring so many things, like that the goblins were irregular and knew how to use slings, which was enough to shock the veteran warrior. They do no know what he is capable of, they know he is intelligent, they know he has irregularities in his forces. Yes the watchmen are fighters, but the chain of command is in shambles. They made the right choose of live to fight another day while finding out information and losing nothing. Letting him come state his demands and learning literally cost the absolutely nothing. Now they know more, can wait of reinforcements, and preserved all their remaining fighting force, yes he demanded crops, but that want be paid that day, they have weeks if not months till they have to pay that, and he charged less then any Lord would and even offered assistance to them with a workforce. There is literally no reason to rush to their deaths with rash actions. That he healed them and let them go showed that he was merciful, and so they knew going in that he could be reasoned with.
You are assuming that something like moving away does not happen in real life. We call those people "refugees". And it's not like we're talking about thousands or millions of people fleeing to another area. It's just a village, so a nearby city or town could taking in those people until the military comes in and takes back the village. And rural people are different from city people. Rural people in small towns and villages are much nicer and more welcoming to others than city people. And you have to assume they're under the rule of a local noble or governor that would give them some aid for a short time. Believe it or not, not all bureaucrats and nobles were complete assholes (at least not in real life), and not giving aid to people could spark unrest in their territory, so they have the self interest to do such a thing.

So they knew how to use slings and throw rocks -- that's it. They never used magic or had any sophisticated tactics other than run away and throw things at enemies. And the chain of command is not in shambles at all. They simply killed the man at the top and had the second in command take over. That's hardly something that would leave command in shambles. And if you were literally responsible for the lives and well being of an entire village filled with helpless men, women, and children - would you really gamble on the one in a million chance of the dungeon master being reasonable? Risking the lives of soldiers and guards are one thing, but risking the lives of helpless people that you were put in charge to protect is evil and reckless. Remember, they had no reason to think Nitta would be reasonable when all the stories they have ever heard about dungeon masters and demons are that they are cruel and always inflict suffering to the poor humans they get their hands on. And for all they knew, them being healed could simply be "I spared your lives, so now you owe me by serving me for the rest of your lives". Again, they have never heard any stories of dungeon masters and demons actually being merciful and reasonable, so why would they think it would be different this time?

Btw, the meeting takes place about a week after their raid on the dungeon (chapter 10, page 3). Plenty of time to ask for help, set up an ambush, or evacuate the village.

Who knew that some simple comment that I didn't think too much of would spiral into me typing a bunch of novels for a stupid ero wish fulfillment isekai? lmao

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They are people trained to fight by an experienced soldier. And I would assume that they have at least some experience defending and doing recon of potential threats to their village before they ever went to the dungeon. And no, the first thing the new village chief says is "Welcome to our home, Dungeon Master-sama" (chapter 10, page 7).

She knew the envoy was coming, but it was never shown who would be coming. Just because they told her they would be coming doesn't mean they actually told her how many and the identities of the people coming to the meeting. How would she know the difference between a representative and the dungeon master himself, unless she knew who he was before the meeting?

You are assuming that something like moving away does not happen in real life. We call those people "refugees". And it's not like we're talking about thousands or millions of people fleeing to another area. It's just a village, so a nearby city or town could taking in those people until the military comes in and takes back the village. And rural people are different from city people. Rural people in small towns and villages are much nicer and more welcoming to others than city people. And you have to assume they're under the rule of a local noble or governor that would give them some aid for a short time. Believe it or not, not all bureaucrats and nobles were complete assholes (at least not in real life), and not giving aid to people could spark unrest in their territory, so they have the self interest to do such a thing.

So they knew how to use slings and throw rocks -- that's it. They never used magic or had any sophisticated tactics other than run away and throw things at enemies. And the chain of command is not in shambles at all. They simply killed the man at the top and had the second in command take over. That's hardly something that would leave command in shambles. And if you were literally responsible for the lives and well being of an entire village filled with helpless men, women, and children - would you really gamble on the one in a million chance of the dungeon master being reasonable? Risking the lives of soldiers and guards are one thing, but risking the lives of helpless people that you were put in charge to protect is evil and reckless. Remember, they had no reason to think Nitta would be reasonable when all the stories they have ever heard about dungeon masters and demons are that they are cruel and always inflict suffering to the poor humans they get their hands on. And for all they knew, them being healed could simply be "I spared your lives, so now you owe me by serving me for the rest of your lives". Again, they have never heard any stories of dungeon masters and demons actually being merciful and reasonable, so why would they think it would be different this time?

Btw, the meeting takes place about a week after their raid on the dungeon (chapter 10, page 3). Plenty of time to ask for help, set up an ambush, or evacuate the village.

Who knew that some simple comment that I didn't think too much of would spiral into me typing a bunch of novels for a stupid ero wish fulfillment isekai? lmao
Farmers are selling their daughters as slaves to get by and you assume the local lord gives hand outs and support. Your logic is just plain ignorance at every turn.
would you really gamble on the one in a million chance of the dungeon master being reasonable
That that is what you took from me saying live to fight another day is laughable. Do not pretend I'm saying to submit. I said to play it safe and stall while regrouping and waiting on reinforcements multiple times. He healed and agreed to meet them at a later date, taking advantage of that time given for free is absolutely what I would do, what your advising is to blindly rush in and force a fight to the death right away.
Yes the second in command took control, by overthrowing the old leader, your a fool if you think she has unified control, his old followers who served with him will not just be now listing to her, there will be another faction who is discontent as they lost a means to line their pockets by selling villagers, sure most were purged, but its unlikely all of them were.
Lastly you clearly are very sheltered, that you think being a refugee is a easy or simple life. Even in modern day its brutally difficult as you have to travel to a safe location that can take you, yes they could go to another village, but with how this village is barely getting by on farming to the point they are repeatedly selling their daughters and are still in debt, yeah right another village in the area can shoulder even a single additional family let alone an entire village. Leaving is a last resort, yes they should be ready to, but old farmers who have worked land for generations are notoriously stubborn about refusing to leave their land. They still have cards to play, summoning adventurers, recruiting and finding info, they have no reason to rush to leave now, or to start the final battle.
That you think a sling is simply throwing rocks, and that its a so what is also shows your just lack of knowledge. Ranged weapons like the sling are massive game changers, and speed and damage they do is no joke. That you dismiss them so off hand with no though speaks volumes.

Now I will say you are right ish that she addresses him as dungeon master right off the batt, then says nice to meet you, but it literally means nothing, she was told the dungeon master is coming, so she has to assume the stranger she sees is him. But it doesn't mean she was told the truth, and she knows that. She is simply going along with what she was told with no certainty its true.

Your "tactics" are that your confident in their fighting force against a unknown enemy that you think you know, so you want to use brute force to rush and kill it without any recon or info gathering... were does that sound familiar. Sure as a reader you do know, but you wouldn't as a villager.

Dex-chan lover
Farmers are selling their daughters as slaves to get by and you assume the local lord gives hand outs and support. Your logic is just plain ignorance at every turn.
And how the hell do you think they're just getting by? Their parents, nor the village does not look poor by medieval standards. Philia's parents own a two story house with a brick wall and furniture. That may not seem much to you, but it's quite a lot for a pre-industrial society. The reason why Philia's parents sold off their daughter is because Philia was "chosen" by the old village chief as a "sacrifice" for their temple. Basically, their old village chief wanted to gangbang their daughter and Philia's parents agreed.
That that is what you took from me saying live to fight another day is laughable. Do not pretend I'm saying to submit. I said to play it safe and stall while regrouping and waiting on reinforcements multiple times. He healed and agreed to meet them at a later date, taking advantage of that time given for free is absolutely what I would do, what your advising is to blindly rush in and force a fight to the death right away.
Yes the second in command took control, by overthrowing the old leader, your a fool if you think she has unified control, his old followers who served with him will not just be now listing to her, there will be another faction who is discontent as they lost a means to line their pockets by selling villagers, sure most were purged, but its unlikely all of them were.
Lastly you clearly are very sheltered, that you think being a refugee is a easy or simple life. Even in modern day its brutally difficult as you have to travel to a safe location that can take you, yes they could go to another village, but with how this village is barely getting by on farming to the point they are repeatedly selling their daughters and are still in debt, yeah right another village in the area can shoulder even a single additional family let alone an entire village. Leaving is a last resort, yes they should be ready to, but old farmers who have worked land for generations are notoriously stubborn about refusing to leave their land. They still have cards to play, summoning adventurers, recruiting and finding info, they have no reason to rush to leave now, or to start the final battle.
That you think a sling is simply throwing rocks, and that its a so what is also shows your just lack of knowledge. Ranged weapons like the sling are massive game changers, and speed and damage they do is no joke. That you dismiss them so off hand with no though speaks volumes.

Now I will say you are right ish that she addresses him as dungeon master right off the batt, then says nice to meet you, but it literally means nothing, she was told the dungeon master is coming, so she has to assume the stranger she sees is him. But it doesn't mean she was told the truth, and she knows that. She is simply going along with what she was told with no certainty its true.

Your "tactics" are that your confident in their fighting force against a unknown enemy that you think you know, so you want to use brute force to rush and kill it without any recon or info gathering... were does that sound familiar. Sure as a reader you do know, but you wouldn't as a villager.
Don't push your own warped views on me and get pissed off. I have never claimed that you wanted them to submit. I have never claimed they should "blindly rush in and force a fight to the death right away". I have never claimed being a refugee is "a easy or simple life". And I have never claimed they would be leaving their village and give up their homes and land permanently. Those are all your delusions, not mine.

Playing it safe would not mean risking the lives of helpless villagers with a cruel and psychopathic dungeon master. Of course we knew he wasn't like that, but they didn't. And where the hell did you get the delusion that I wanted them to blindly rush in and to fight to the death? That's all in your head. I wanted them to temporarily evacuate the village and plan an ambush by setting up traps and choke points, etc. They could have also gotten outside help in the week before the meeting took place. And if they lost, they could always run away, since... everyone in the village has been evacuated.
And again, the village does not seem poor from the looks of their houses. They may not be rich, but they do not seem poor by the standards of a pre-industrial society. It would hurt, but if they pool their money, I'm sure they do have some money to get by for a couple of weeks for the military or adventurers to take back the village. The dungeon is only a rank 2 on the danger level.

And while I never said anything about the slings, slings are still basically throwing rocks. You're just using a long piece of cloth and centrifugal force to throw said rock. Slings can do a lot of damage at unarmored opponents, but are only really effective at short ranges. They also take forever to shoot compared to a bow and arrow, can only carry a few stones compared to arrows. There's a reason why bows and arrows replaced slings -- because they suck! And you know what can stop a rock from hitting you? A magical device called a "shield". You can make those magical devices using wood or even metal, and they can block things from hurting you.

The new village chief literally knew who the dungeon master was because she directly greeted and addressed him. And you do realize there was this fairy flying around right next to them? If you had to guess between a puny human or a magical fairy thing flying around, wouldn't you think the one with all the magic flying around would be the one in control?

And you seem to be confusing attacking someone in their own territory versus ambushing in your own village that you know by heart. The recon is how many people are coming to your village and what weapons are they carrying. Not hard, huh?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And how the hell do you think they're just getting by? Their parents, nor the village does not look poor by medieval standards. Philia's parents own a two story house with a brick wall and furniture. That may not seem much to you, but it's quite a lot for a pre-industrial society. The reason why Philia's parents sold off their daughter is because Philia was "chosen" by the old village chief as a "sacrifice" for their temple. Basically, their old village chief wanted to gangbang their daughter and Philia's parents agreed.

Don't push your own warped views on me and get pissed off. I have never claimed that you wanted them to submit. I have never claimed they should "blindly rush in and force a fight to the death right away". I have never claimed being a refugee is "a easy or simple life". And I have never claimed they would be leaving their village and give up their homes and land permanently. Those are all your delusions, not mine.

Playing it safe would not mean risking the lives of helpless villagers with a cruel and psychopathic dungeon master. Of course we knew he wasn't like that, but they didn't. And where the hell did you get the delusion that I wanted them to blindly rush in and to fight to the death? That's all in your head. I wanted them to temporarily evacuate the village and plan an ambush by setting up traps and choke points, etc. They could have also gotten outside help in the week before the meeting took place. And if they lost, they could always run away, since... everyone in the village has been evacuated.
And again, the village does not seem poor from the looks of their houses. They may not be rich, but they do not seem poor by the standards of a pre-industrial society. It would hurt, but if they pool their money, I'm sure they do have some money to get by for a couple of weeks for the military or adventurers to take back the village. The dungeon is only a rank 2 on the danger level.

And while I never said anything about the slings, slings are still basically throwing rocks. You're just using a long piece of cloth and centrifugal force to throw said rock. Slings can do a lot of damage at unarmored opponents, but are only really effective at short ranges. They also take forever to shoot compared to a bow and arrow, can only carry a few stones compared to arrows. There's a reason why bows and arrows replaced slings -- because they suck! And you know what can stop a rock from hitting you? A magical device called a "shield". You can make those magical devices using wood or even metal, and they can block things from hurting you.

The new village chief literally knew who the dungeon master was because she directly greeted and addressed him. And you do realize there was this fairy flying around right next to them? If you had to guess between a puny human or a magical fairy thing flying around, wouldn't you think the one with all the magic flying around would be the one in control?

And you seem to be confusing attacking someone in their own territory versus ambushing in your own village that you know by heart. The recon is how many people are coming to your village and what weapons are they carrying. Not hard, huh?
Ok Im done with you, you clearly haven't actually read what I have said nor the story, the new chief literally flat out said they are still in debt and the surprisingly the old chief was using the money to keep the village afloat, which is why the MC needed to give them a money making venture. Yet you say
"And how the hell do you think they're just getting by? Their parents, nor the village does not look poor by medieval standards"
Its fully established they aren't. Hell another of your assumptions, where is it been stated to be medieval times? You have yet to actually address any of my points ether opting for ignore and dance around them approach. If you learn to not cherry pick I will talk to you, till then we are done here as you clearly do not actually read both comments your replying to, or the story itself.

Dex-chan lover

Yeah ok I saw someone of what Deadtoreal was telling you, he seems to think himself a expert on cultures...but well, claiming its easy to be a refugee in modern time shows a pretty bad lack of awareness, what he told you about Japanese pronouns, Yeah while not fully wrong, its the surface level understanding of the original definition of a weeaboo and not really applicable here.
So lets me give a quick rundown of the cause of the confusion, in japan the only ones who do use the whole 3rd person saying their names are ones in showbiz, idols and the like, so kids will then imitate, its considered very cringy and they will get mocked for it so they wont keep it up for long. Outside very select setting like cosplay events and what not no adult is going to be using third person speech. What you will see somtimes that also adds confusion is when some uses 3rd person to introduce themselves. Like say at a handshake even they may say "this ___ was so moved" as a way to tell their name in setting that doesn't give time for a formal introduction, but its not somthing they keep doing after they have told it once typically.
The reason this is so widely confused is that the first person pronouns Japanese use do not have direct equivalents in other languages and so often have to be changed a bit in translation, this has resulted in many inconsistent translations including shifting character to talking in third person. Eventually it become a anime trope on the Japanese side after seeing it happen on the western side, resulting in it becoming more common for characters to actually talk in third person. That said it is still not somthing typically put in regulars speech, and is typically only a single character that does it constantly. It would be done very explicitly and there is no indication that the characters here are doing so.

Dex-chan lover
Ok Im done with you, you clearly haven't actually read what I have said nor the story, the new chief literally flat out said they are still in debt and the surprisingly the old chief was using the money to keep the village afloat, which is why the MC needed to give them a money making venture. Yet you say
Village finances are different from individual finances. Governments are broke and in debt all over the world, but does that mean everyone is broke and in debt? And you still haven't explained how they can afford a multi-story house with furniture and stone walls around the house. Do you honestly think those things come cheap or easy? Do you honestly think just anyone can just build load bearing floors that won't collapse on people? You need architects for that, and those aren't cheap. What about building materials and labor? Now imagine doing all that in a pre-industrial society.
Its fully established they aren't. Hell another of your assumptions, where is it been stated to be medieval times? You have yet to actually address any of my points ether opting for ignore and dance around them approach. If you learn to not cherry pick I will talk to you, till then we are done here as you clearly do not actually read both comments your replying to, or the story itself.
Riiiiight.... because swords and Western Medieval style armor are equivalent to modern or sci-fi settings with space ships and lasers. Everything shown so far is a fantasy equivalent to Western Medieval Europe... just like almost every other isekai out there. Until we see space ships, robots, and computers that aren't in dungeons -- it's the equivalent to Western Medieval Europe.

And ignore and cherry cherry pick? I directly addressed each of the topics that YOU brought up. You talked about playing it safe for the villagers -- I addressed that. You talked about everyone being poor as dirt, despite owning nice houses and looking quite healthy -- I addressed that. You talked about slings being a game changing super weapon -- I addressed that. If anyone is ignoring and dancing around things -- IT'S YOU.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah ok I saw someone of what Deadtoreal was telling you, he seems to think himself a expert on cultures...but well, claiming its easy to be a refugee in modern time shows a pretty bad lack of awareness, what he told you about Japanese pronouns, Yeah while not fully wrong, its the surface level understanding of the original definition of a weeaboo and not really applicable here.
Nice of you to try and involve someone else into our argument, because you yourself can't handle a proper discussion. I address everything you brought up, and you ignore it all, by projecting and accusing me of ignoring and dancing around them.

Hybrid_Being and I had a respectful back and forth, where I conceded that he was right on some things and he conceded some points to me. We both ended the discussion with a mutual understanding about each other's position, all the while never sinking the level to even imply insulting each other's intelligence. I have never once claimed to be an expert on cultures, yet do have some understanding of Japanese culture. I explained my reasoning, gave an example, and he accepted it -- End of Discussion. The fact that you want to bring in someone, who's discussion with me is over, into our conversation, because you can't argue against my points, says a lot about you.

Now I'm done with you. This stupid conversation is not worth dealing with your attitude and projection towards me. Cope harder.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nice of you to try and involve someone else into our argument, because you yourself can't handle a proper discussion. I address everything you brought up, and you ignore it all, by projecting and accusing me of ignoring and dancing around them.

Hybrid_Being and I had a respectful back and forth, where I conceded that he was right on some things and he conceded some points to me. We both ended the discussion with a mutual understanding about each other's position, all the while never sinking the level to even imply insulting each other's intelligence. I have never once claimed to be an expert on cultures, yet do have some understanding of Japanese culture. I explained my reasoning, gave an example, and he accepted it -- End of Discussion. The fact that you want to bring in someone, who's discussion with me is over, into our conversation, because you can't argue against my points, says a lot about you.

Now I'm done with you. This stupid conversation is not worth dealing with your attitude and projection towards me. Cope harder.
Im simply correcting miss information you told him jesus, If I wanted to drag him in I would have mentioned a lot more, you gave a lot of ammo.
and yes I do have some as I lived their for over 5 years, which is enough to call you ignorant as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread