Gendai Shakai De Otome Game No Akuyaku Reijou Wo Suru No Wa Chotto Taihen - Ch. 14.5 - A Smug Video Letter

Dex-chan lover
When my family was stationed in Japan because of my dad's military duties in 1997, Princess Mononoke was the first ever movie and anime that I ever watched when my family took me to see it at the movie theatres.

In hindsight, I don't think this was an appropriate movie to watch with your 4-year-old.

Dex-chan lover
When my family was stationed in Japan because of my dad's military duties in 1997, Princess Mononoke was the first ever movie and anime that I ever watched when my family took me to see it at the movie theatres.

In hindsight, I don't think this was an appropriate movie to watch with your 4-year-old.
Yeah, Mononoke Hime crushed the "animation is for kids" idea that was prevalent at that time in many western countries "thanks" to Disney's spam of recycled fairy tales.

Dex-chan lover
I find messages to future selves bittersweet, as they become a beautiful reminder of happier times and a bitter pill of reality changing for the worse.

The Indian rupee code is INR, not IDR, as SSSMktIntel was referring to (Narendra) Modi. IDR is for Indonesian rupiah.

Thanks for the chapter, @SiliconSignatureSwissChair.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Mononoke Hime crushed the "animation is for kids" idea that was prevalent at that time in many western countries "thanks" to Disney's spam of recycled fairy tales.
To be honest, most people in the west even today think anime is cartoons for kids. Most people in the west also have no clue what mononoke home even is.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, most people in the west even today think anime is cartoons for kids. Most people in the west also have no clue what mononoke home even is.
I never said the effect lasted, but at that time many people were suprised by it and it was really funny to see how many "journalists" specializing on cinema where putting up articles about how they discovered that animation wasn't for kids, ignoring every other not for kids animation films (especially western ones) that had existed before...

I find messages to future selves bittersweet, as they become a beautiful reminder of happier times and a bitter pill of reality changing for the worse.

The Indian rupee code is INR, not IDR, as SSSMktIntel was referring to (Narendra) Modi. IDR is for Indonesian rupiah.

Thanks for the chapter, @SiliconSignatureSwissChair.
Thanks for the correction! And yes, it is quite bittersweet especially when we saw where Runa is with her friends in the prologue.

Users who are viewing this thread