Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss - Ch. 23 - 7th Rank Beast Spirit - White Owl

It's nice to see a MC who doesn't hesitate in action even when it means relying on the help of others.

@tenten32158 yup, its good to see an MC that uses all the tools in their arsenal and doesn't have a massive ego.

Can't wait to see how the army looks like :eek: Im hyped. Also something I dont understand. The emperor want's to get rid of the MC's family and doesn't want his first son to be the next emperor but his second son? Was is explained why in the manga? I've been reading it as its updated so I might have forgoten.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Like I said last chapter. What a dumb plot.
As expected the army they feared was summoned. Prepare to get rekt.

@Krackers The emperor doesn't like his first son because (if I remember correctly) the empress he had married to get to the thrown was strong in power and thus the emperor destroyed the empress's power and then disposed of her. He later had a child with a woman he liked and 2nd prince was born. So he wants to give the thrown to his second son.

Then the next strongest family with power was the Jun family. So he planned to have his second son marry the MC, take their power and then destroy them. But then that student of the great doctor of the strongest medical sect, fell for 2nd prince and around that time it was discovered that MC doesn't have any sprit, so they decided to dispose of her and choose the medical student.

Wow. That’s one of the most nonchalant “I’m tired of your shit” look that I’ve ever seen in manga. It was great. Usually, I’d be expecting some sort of emotional turmoil in whether or not the mc decides to use the power.

@Krackers
I just reread the whole manga. And I haven't found anything that says why the emperor doesn't like the crown prince, just that he's the one who killed the prince's mother. But @IndanaBegum left an explanation that makes sense and is easily believable in a manga of this genre. And yeah, I'm very much enjoying the quiet confidence of Wuxie in this story. I do like the overwhelming confidence of characters like Bei Yue and Xiaowan, but seeing characters like Wuxie is really nice too.

@tenten32158 @IndanaBegum Thank you for responding to my comment, it helped a lot to understand the story more :D I might try to read the novel tomorrow so maybe I will get some more deeper insight into the whole story, but thank you once again for helping me out, means a lot ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread