Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss

@pospani I read the novel for awhile and there's a reason it's popular; the author actively tries to progress the story and get places. Personally, this author is too formulaic for me, so I got tired of it, but if you are into the story, then it can still be an enjoyable read. Although it's formulaic, the author tends to execute it pretty well.

The general format this author seems to take in their stories is that there's a genius/godly/etc doctor/thief/etc and they use their genius/godly skills to slap the faces of conveniently unsuspecting assholes. The faceslapping gets pretty old if you were to binge read, IMO, because it simply becomes a question of whose face the MC is going to slap this week. I read over 1000 chapters of the web novel and I probably would have read more if I had taken it slower; it has a strong flavor and I ate too much.

Dex-chan lover
@reika You're going to have to wait for a couple hundred more of chapters if you consider her episodes of cross-dressing good enough for the tag. Though this is the first time, our emotionless character doesn't care much about cross dressing and has several episodes (or is read from the novel). It's not pitival to her character but it's the first impression for some of the other characters

Lmao I'm quite picky when reading Chinese manhuas but this one is really good. I love the MC

I dunno why but for some reason, I find this disgusting. I generally read all the genre this particular one has, but it seems kind of sarcastic here

I'm a big fan of the novel and I didn't even know there was finally a manhua.. I'm so exited to read this!!!!!

Unsure why a mod spoiler tagged this? Jun Wu Xie's age isn't a spoiler. We find out she's 14 in the first chapter. We also find out that Jun Wu Yao is an indeterminate number of years older and has been sealed for some time in the first chapter.

I enjoyed this so I started reading the novel. The romance which I thought was sweet now just feels creepy as fuck. Jun Wu Xie is 14 (obviously not mentally) and Jun Wu Yao is well I dont know yet but obviously not a teenager. Borderline paedophilia really robs the romance of any cuteness (the novel is also brutal as fuck, incommensurate revenge seems to be a staple of these novels, maybe its a cultural thing?)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I’ve read the entire novel and seeing it into manga brings tears to eyes ;-; I don’t know what people think about this, but the novel is really amazing. I keep coming back to it every once in a while even after reading many different ones. Although this manga doesn't do justice to the novel, it'll suffice.

I didn’t know this had a manhua, I read 2485 chapters of the webnovel and it was pretty good (haven’t been reading it lately haha, but I don’t know man, Wu Yao’s hair really puts me off for some reason

Supporter
I've read a lot on the web novel, around 2k chapters. I can't seem to like this adaptation:
The atmosphere is different, Wu Yao is now the comic relief, and the development went quite fast.
There are also changes from the source material, although that's just me being puritan.
Anyway guess I love the original series too much to drop this, what a weird thing is not being able to break free from something you suffer experiencing.

Meh this manga isn't anything special. I mean some of the comments seem to overly praise it as if this is the best of the best of manga like this. I mean I've seen pretty good manga, ones that's better than this one

this adaptation is very lighthearted compared to the novel which has the tension, blood, schemes, and gore but it's is still good

Why can't they just make the FL at least 16 in these Chinese isekai stories... why are they always 12-14 lol. I swear it wouldn't change the plot too much!

Whoever like the plot or hate it,
should first read the novel before they judge ..

The novel is truly marvelous compared to the manhua.

Users who are viewing this thread