Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss

Double-page supporter
Oh hey I was looking for a slightly different flavor of ghost doctor and I already feel insulted just by reading a few chapters

The novel has over 3,000 chapters... Get ready for this comic to go on for a loooong time. @me if you ever want spoilers.

This manhua is not that great, but really looks like an attempt to recreate the ghostly doctor. Also, I kinda feel like the authors lost themselves while writing the plot. Why black belly miss ? She isn't an innocent-looking girl who hides a stone-hard heart, she's just a dull and emotionless teenager. Plus, she looks nothing like the woman in the cover. She crossdresses for no reason (I suspect it's just to make her look cool), has little to no personnality... The ML is a bad attempt at copying The ghostly doctor's ML. It's getting less and less interesting tbh. I'm dropping it.

the last arc of the novel is disappointing, especially the villain there. All that build up just for nothing

@Cecekhalyce too much spoiler haha, I'm relying on memory again, if someone read the novel like me and dfinds inconsistencies feel free to correct

They were in upper realm, the "God" of that realm wanted to be a higher God, (the God's realm is tied to another novel of the author so i wouldnt be able to explain that realm in detail) Anyway The reason Ye Jue is in the lower realm is because of the God's plans, since he needs 2 souls of another world, which Ye Jue and Xie (Ye Jue came from the higher God real, and Xie is from the same realm but reincarnated in modern world) and since Ye Jue and Xie is tied by Ye Jue's past life (this is too complicated so i will skip for another spoiler post) they will surely come together. The stronger they become, the stronger the God will be able to be once he absorbs both of them. Anyway, all the adventures Xie experiences were planned by the God, but he was fucking defeated cause he YOLOed to imprison the two in a dream like realm where the other gods of the upper realm are, well, their residual powers anyway, and Xie absorbs all of them and they escaped and confronted the God. the god has Ye Jue's real body (again, for another spoiler post if anyone wants) and Ye Jue yeets himselff and his real body so they both dead(not really) and the God was like muhahaha since he dead and Xie is married to Ye Jue he will Xie's feeling of loss (seriously who does that, just kill if you want to kill wtf) So yeah, the team took Xie to escape and well, Xie regained her self and fucking killed the God.

seriously, thorough planning and shit and he just ucking dies just cause the author has no other way to kill him iguess but by through sheer careless ness he shown but when planning everything from chapter 1 til his time of death and he didnt learn the lesson kill them quickly, boast later, which was the fall of most of the villains in this novel

The novel is good for tying loose knots and the details are there for a reason but sometimes I think the villains become stupid for a moment just cause the author says so

The novel is pretty decent, if you want the typical reincarnation to ancient china setting.
It's still entertaining and has its ups and downs, and has more of a backstory than the Manhua.
Reading the Manhua, it feels kind of rushed and the characters kinda feel like they have a different personality, like they tried adding a comical twist;
Especially with the ML. He has a more serious feel, still doting but more of your typical 'cold, cruel ml' personality.
BUT, having read up to ch 66 I think the Manhua is still fun to read with the novel in mind.

She is like a robot, expressionless, cold, boring, intelligent, capable of doing amazing, terrifying things that for some reason attracts a powerful, handsome man that literally looks better than her and is the only person I like. I got bored really fast and dropped it after she went to whatever sect I don't care anymore

There are currently 81 chapters in the raw, and season 1 is up to chapter 78(I think). Not sure when the raws stopped uploading, but the translated manhua has been stagnate for a while now. I would personally love more chapters, but it seems unlikely that'll happen anytime soon. I'll just keep it on a list of Manga/Manwha/Manhua i like but are unlikely to get picked up anytime soon.

So like... is ghost doctor becoming like some “trend” like villainess manwhas? Cause from the description and cover.. it looks VERY similar to all the other ghost doctors I have seen so far. Perverted and rapey, white haired ml? Check. Mc got resurrected into a girl that got disowned? Check. Will become some mysterious and renowned doctor? Check. Might go set up a shop in the capital to cause controversy? Who knows but all villainess mangas like to copy that trend so CHECK CHECK CHECK

@MudaUser33 it’s not “becoming” a trend, it’s always been a trend. The same way “assassin” or “secret agent/super solidier” or “mercenary” is a popular role to have before isekai/transmigration in these series. It’s a way to have an OP MC.
Rather than to say it is a trend, this has long surpassed “trend” and has become a trope in itself.

If you only notice this now, you’re quite late on the uptake.

Users who are viewing this thread