Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 54.2

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation.

As someone with a very basic understanding of aerodynamics, I think the configuration of those boosters will just continuously pitch the wyvern down

I can only suspend my belief so much. I'll buy into isekai and magic but I draw the line when plainly unfeasible airpower is portrayed!

(half tongue in cheek, half serious. It's hard to see that and not cringe just a little bit.)
In some other titles, Dragon riders also use wind magic to create a cavitation effect ahead of them to make sure the onrush of wind doesn't rip them off their saddles. I'm going to guess that this is a standard practice in a Dragon Air Force, or they took this into consideration in the development of those boosters, and installed a function for it.

Aggregator gang
And here I thought MC was one of those "war bad, lets not have any super or secret weapon, old or new ones. Our soldiers' grit, determination, skills and basic equipments will always save the day".
He strapped a magic jet pack on his wyverns and strapped more armor on them. This dude is one of the Japanese that was glad to have Article Six or something in their constitution ammended just a bit. The few who wants an actual aircraft carrier but is okay with just a "helicopter carrier/destroyer" but figure they can jury rigged it later to launch F35s.
He is a realist, not an idealist. He know war is bad, but he can't just wait and do nothing until war eventually coming into his land. Like other commenter said :

Si vis pacem, para bellum

("If you want peace, prepare for war")

Dex-chan lover

As someone with a very basic understanding of aerodynamics, I think the configuration of those boosters will just continuously pitch the wyvern down

I can only suspend my belief so much. I'll buy into isekai and magic but I draw the line when plainly unfeasible airpower is portrayed!

(half tongue in cheek, half serious. It's hard to see that and not cringe just a little bit.)
Depend on how the wyvern flying. If they need to flap their wings like bee/hummingbirds to fly, yup this will hinder them. If they fly based on gliding and flapping their wings is just to maintain altitude/momentum, this can work.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation.
I feel like that upgrade on the wyverns are similar to the arrival of jet aircraft by the germans.

Dex-chan lover
So basically they made A-10 Thunderbolts Wyverns powered by Dyson fans.

1200px-Fairchild_Republic_A-10_Thunderbolt_II_-_32156159151.jpg

Dex-chan lover

There is a lot of factors at play. It does look like the pitch of the rings is fixed, but it would make sense that they pitch up and down. The wyvern wouldn't need to flap with the thrusters on which is why it would extend their range, similar to how birds ride the winds.

I think the real problem is when the wyverns flap their wings with the thrusters as the aerodynamics of their wings, tail and head would be continually variable. They would need lots of training to get used to having them on while they flap. I imagine many of us who have experience in aviations and aerospace wouldn't be able to apply our knowledge without a good amount of time.

Dex-chan lover
Whats the point of using a dragon if they already made propulsion engine? While cool, making an actual plane would probably be much more effective
and who's gonna pilot those actual plane? the wyvern-rider squad is already a thing, you can see them in action during civil war arc. and by strapping propulsion engine to the wyvern, the squad will get upgraded speed and cruising range. much more efficient than creating a plane and training new pilot and crews for each plane.

Dex-chan lover
Here's this chapter's summary...

Excel: "btw, you haven't fked my grand daughter..."
Castor: "btw, could you kindly fk my daughter ?"
MC: "....... plane engines go brrrrrrrrrrr hahahah."
Holy shit, he just like me fr

Fed-Kun's army
If memory serves, he asked Carla to kill him if he ever becomes a tyrant (or something similar). It may be just me, but that doesn't seem to mesh well with the whole husband-and-wife relationship.
Yes, I disagree that it would prevent a husband and wife relationship. That position assumes that if a husband or wife suddenly turns evil then their spouse is somehow obligated to not act based on their moral compass and can't stop their significant other from continuing to perform evil acts. Yes, even if it means putting them down. I could make an argument that a husband or wife might do so out of love because they no longer want to see their loved one corrupted by the evil they've embraced, etc.

I'll also add to this that I thought that was a weak thing MC did. Let me explain. Carla would be the least likely to kill him, for whatever reason based on what we'd seen of her character up until that point. MC was basing that on the fact that she quasi-hated him in that moment due to everything going on with the civil war and the rhetoric behind him not being a rightful king, etc. He hadn't factored in that by then she was already starting to soften up to him after seeing his actions, etc. But if memory serves, Carla specifically said to MC's face after he made the long speech about sacrificing himself to Amadonia's (spelling) King that she would do everything in her power to make sure he stays alive for the sake of Liscia. So, TL; DR version: Carla wouldn't kill MC because of Liscia UNLESS she told her to do so.

There were better options if MC wanted a hidden party to take him out if he went rogue. The Black Advisor/Minister dude who is far more pragmatic, George who MC has operating as the black ops team leader, heck, even based on how she went against her father who she thought had become a bad leader, Roroa would likely go against him faster than the others if MC turns into a bad leader. And I'd even throw in Juna who is a member of or leader of the Navy's special forces marine corps and was acting as a spy before that was revealed to him, etc. etc.

I think MC said that to Carla when he was having an emotional moment and not fully thinking. So, I don't think that should be really used as a roadblock to growing their relationship. But, of course, I'm not the author.

If so, thats incredibly disappointing
Not sure how badly you want to be spoiled about the rest of the story, I'll just say: Up until he has children with Liscia, Carla is still pretty much just a slave-maid who is a unique servant to MC and Liscia, but mostly Liscia, and acts as the direct caretaker and guard/protector of Liscia's and MC's children. Keep in mind, this is assuming the Manga (and anime) follows anything in the LN or WN.

@SunSerega, I think @7AlphaOne1 did a far better job answer the issue about the air magic engine than I could.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dude builds a ramjet engine, straps it to a dragon. Forget even just gliders or planes, he could put those on balloons or blimps and easily have a long range airforce and bomber fleet. smh
Well we've seen previously that author-san isn't known to be really into researching about the things the mentions in his story, be it history/politics and other military affairs. Sure I'm not expecting that you he should be a renaissance man in order to write a story buut a handful of hours at a library could help.

Dex-chan lover
He built his own Area 51 damn

And I guess the only way for him to actually make love with his wives is to add "Suggestive" tags in this manga page because he really has that monk level of abstinence sheeeeeesh
Nah. He is just hoping he could go back to his world so he doesn't do anyone anywhere.

I highly anticipate the first child Souma will have will be with a fukken commoner from a remote kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
Bladeless fan.
The power source of those engine is a somekind of mana stone, they just change the fan with magic.
bladeless fan using magnetism and probably using the wings of the drake to propel electricity to the bladeless fan.

Users who are viewing this thread