Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 59.1 - The Arrival of the Saint (1)

Dex-chan lover
It'd be funny if he could tell her as a "Holy King", the Lunaria kingdom would completely submit to him and whatever he declares because he's the chosen one. Then whoever that doesn't comply will be declared a heretic so he'd have a "just cause" to annihilate them.

ON GOD MOMMY DRAGON WORSHIP i would fear a mommy dragon like come on imagine those fucking dragon tits draggin your corpse when you don’t sacrifice your 3 virgin sons this bishop whore does NOT understand anything
I wish it rlly was that way in the novels but no. Mother dragon worship prays to...well... Mother Dragon herself
The dragon in question is still alive and is like a living god, heck shes the closest thing in that world to a god

Contributor
Religions are complex because while they have definitely done harm (see: every time when Christianity tried to forcefully convert people), there are also some times where they have helped (Christianity also helped to archive knowledge and progress science in the Middle Ages).

Rule of thumb is this: it’s perfectly acceptable for you to believe that there’s a god out there who watches us like a reality show or we all reincarnate until we relinquish our earthly desires or we’re all in the fleeting daydream of a dancing stickbug. If your faith allows you to keep running in this absolutely fucked up world, all the more power to you. But when you start trying to use that faith to justify killing heretics or banning abortions or manipulating art to try and spread your personal faith like a virus, that’s when goodwill towards you ends.

Essentially, religions are like genitalia. We all have them, and there’s nothing wrong with loving yours… but when you start shoving them into others’ faces without their consent then you really gotta look at the mirror and ask yourself why you’re doing

Religions are complex because while they have definitely done harm (see: every time when Christianity tried to forcefully convert people), there are also some times where they have helped (Christianity also helped to archive knowledge and progress science in the Middle Ages).

Rule of thumb is this: it’s perfectly acceptable for you to believe that there’s a god out there who watches us like a reality show or we all reincarnate until we relinquish our earthly desires or we’re all in the fleeting daydream of a dancing stickbug. If your faith allows you to keep running in this absolutely fucked up world, all the more power to you. But when you start trying to use that faith to justify killing heretics or banning abortions or manipulating art to try and spread your personal faith like a virus, that’s when goodwill towards you ends.

Essentially, religions are like genitalia. We all have them, and there’s nothing wrong with loving yours… but when you start shoving them into others’ faces without their consent then you really gotta look at the mirror and ask yourself why you’re doing
And has there ever been a religion whose members don't eventually start down this path of shoving their beliefs down others' throats? Because otherwise the end result is still the same, and it just becomes a question of when and not if a religion becomes a net negative on society.

Dex-chan lover
I just now realized what bothered me about the art in this manga, it reminds me way too much of 60's marvel comics artwork.

Dex-chan lover

Historically speaking there's just too many downsides to accepting this proposal that I don't see it being worth the short term benefits. The more fervent the believers are, the harder it gets to separate religion and politics. Souma as he is now has complete authority; letting the church in would be like selling off shares in his company and giving them the ability to buy more later, potentially gaining a majority stake and crippling his rule.

Fed-Kun's army
At the end of the day. People have an inherent desire to believe in something bigger than oneself, especially in times of hardship. The best he can do is try to steer the religious fervor of the masses to benefit his kingdom. Something that is improbable, but hey. This guy has a knack for such accomplishments.
I disagree. At the end if the day people have an Inherent desire to understand. When times are hard people want to know why, and who or what is responsible. Because throughout our evolution we've learned that the unknown can kill us. Religion provides an answer to the "why" of things and shorts out our reasoning ability through the pressure to conform.

As for religious fervor, well he does a pretty good job of handling things. I think k you'll like it.

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait to see the next chapter. I want to see the face the Saint made after Souma make a policy related religion in Friedonia Kingdom.

In LN, it was shown, the policy Souma make will keep the Lunaria Kingdom at bay. It displease the Pope and he pulls back the Saint. In short, they didn't get what they want, but Souma still manage to appeal to the Lunaria believers in Friedonia Kingdom.

Also, additional LN spoiler.
The Saint is nasty. There's nothing good about her. There's a reason why Souma felt uneasy when he faced her. You may even call the Saint a political doll.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And has there ever been a religion whose members don't eventually start down this path of shoving their beliefs down others' throats? Because otherwise the end result is still the same, and it just becomes a question of when and not if a religion becomes a net negative on society.
Yes, yes there has. Unfortunately I am incapable of naming literally any of them because either they have no name, or they were absorbed, or destroyed (or absorbed and then destroyed) by other religions or other peoples.
The reason why we wouldn't know of these religions are precisely because they don't actively spread their beliefs.
I can think of one example. A religion believed that it was bad (against God, or some other reason) to breed. They didn't actively spread the religion, and all died (of old age, generally). That religion died with them exactly because they didn't spread it (successfully anyway).
No idea what it was called (I vaguely remember it being an "offshoot" to Christianity, but could be wrong). I would look it up, but have already proven that opening tabs to research on my phone (which is what I am using) can and will refresh this tab, losing everything I have typed. I will see if I can find out AFTER submitting this post.

EDIT: well, that was pointless. After literally 500 sites about abortion and reproductive rights, I couldn't find any hint at what I was talking about. I'll look into it again later.

Post Script: various forms of: Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Shamanism, Paganism (which is pointless to say because that basically encapsulates any polytheistic religion) don't forcibly spread their religion and/or beliefs. Other forms, or, more specifically, people claiming to follow them, do forcibly spread. But, like with people claiming to be Christians, but actively NOT following the teachings of Christ (and instead following the teachings of "important" people who came centuries or millennia afterward), can we really call them practitioners of the faith they claim to follow?

And I will leave it after saying that...

Last edited:
Yes, yes there has. Unfortunately I am incapable of naming literally any of them because either they have no name, or they were absorbed, or destroyed (or absorbed and then destroyed) by other religions or other peoples.
The reason why we wouldn't know of these religions are precisely because they don't actively spread their beliefs.
I can think of one example. A religion believed that it was bad (against God, or some other reason) to breed. They didn't actively spread the religion, and all died (of old age, generally). That religion died with them exactly because they didn't spread it (successfully anyway).
No idea what it was called (I vaguely remember it being an "offshoot" to Christianity, but could be wrong). I would look it up, but have already proven that opening tabs to research on my phone (which is what I am using) can and will refresh this tab, losing everything I have typed. I will see if I can find out AFTER submitting this post.
While waiting on verification from you, I will proceed on the assumption that these "non-invasive" religions exist. You have already outlined the problem with them: they are eventually outpaced/taken over by the "more invasive" varieties. Thus as we look at larger and larger societal scales, it becomes increasingly unlikely for the "non-invasive" religions to thrive compared to the "invasive" ones -- which IMO lends credence to the idea that when all is said and done, (surviving) religions in general have a net negative effect on society.

Users who are viewing this thread