Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 59.2

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this is quite disturbing. That means they pretty much groomed a young woman for a singular purpose, to become his "Saint". It also means that was planned early since you don't do that overnight.
...also unless I'm thinking too far this pretty much proves them hypocrites. As mentioned training like that doesn't just happen overnight so they probably have quite a few Girls in reserve. That means they went and slapped the Saint Title on a Honeytrap and will switch it to another Girl incase she fails. It seems they value the Title even less than the Gran Chaos Empire.

Dex-chan lover
One thing that really hurts religious propaganda and bs in this series and limits their potential threat rather heavily. The national broadcast crystal. The crown holds a monopoly on instant nation wide relaying of information. This is a huge advantage over a group like the church as he has far more control of information. He is also been a great rule and loved by the people, he could very easily tell them what is happening and the threat. Yes there is the hardcore believers, but they would very quickly get rounded up or at the very least be immediately isolated. Hell he isn't even need to tell them to stop believing in the faith, just that their are those trying to take advantage of the faith for their own gain. There are a lot of options with so much control over information. Its such a brutal disadvantage that churches of our world never had really had to face so one-sidedly as in general churches controlled information. One of their strongest tools is in the opponents hands, not theirs, this makes them so much less of a threat than real life ones.
You are forgetting a key-factor, and that being Religious sentiments of the people.

It doesn't really matter if a Ruler is good and great and helped the people a lot.
As if the Religious organisation denounces the Ruler for whatever reason, that Rulers value in the eyes of his citizen would definitely fall. And if someone tries to argue in support of the Ruler to those citizens saying how he had helped the people so much, they would only believe what the religious organisations had said, and say that the Ruler just did those good deed to hide their evilness.

There are many statements relating to situation like this, like
- it takes years to build reputation, but take one night for it to fall, or
-even if countries fall, religion would still exists, because what drives religion is hopes & beliefs of people.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this is quite disturbing. That means they pretty much groomed a young woman for a singular purpose, to become his "Saint". It also means that was planned early since you don't do that overnight.
...also unless I'm thinking too far this pretty much proves them hypocrites. As mentioned training like that doesn't just happen overnight so they probably have quite a few Girls in reserve. That means they went and slapped the Saint Title on a Honeytrap and will switch it to another Girl incase she fails. It seems they value the Title even less than the Gran Chaos Empire.
Well it would be revealed later but actually, the Church
does trains multiple young orphan girls since Childhood, to become Saint Candidate. And then the Church selects the appropriate Girl from the group to send as Saint to the target.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well it would be revealed later but actually, the Church
dies trains multiple young orphan girls since Childhood, to become Saint Candidate. And then the Church selects the appropriate Girl from the group to send as Saint to the target.

...so I hit the nail on the head it seems. Now that makes me worry about our little saint here since Soma will definitely say no but I assume that will be important later. He's not a guy that would leave people hanging out dry, especially ones that had no choice.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine the 'Doll' getting asset upgrade once the spies learn about Juna.

Dex-chan lover
While you are absolutely correct about the strict monopoly he has on instant communication, you are either forgetting, or undervaluing the real-life examples of how zealots react to truth and facts that counter their beliefs.
He could very easily do vastly more harm than good by trying to expose the religion's intentions.
I am aware, the thing is he doesn't really need to counter their beliefs, he can state their belief are right, but that the current head of the church is corrupt and taking advantage of the religion. Will it sway them all, absolutely not, but it will sway some and potentially cause the religion to split into branches. Additionally it can let the public make a more organized effort of suppressing the zealots before they can fully band together. As well as making people aware of the problem and preventing sabotage of infrastructure or spreading of rumors which would be zealots main weapons.

Dex-chan lover
You are forgetting a key-factor, and that being Religious sentiments of the people.

It doesn't really matter if a Ruler is good and great and helped the people a lot.
As if the Religious organisation denounces the Ruler for whatever reason, that Rulers value in the eyes of his citizen would definitely fall. And if someone tries to argue in support of the Ruler to those citizens saying how he had helped the people so much, they would only believe what the religious organisations had said, and say that the Ruler just did those good deed to hide their evilness.

-even if countries fall, religion would still exists, because what drives religion is hopes & beliefs of people.
I am not forgetting that, But recall how that is done, rumors. The top zealots state them to the followers and let it spread. Once it does its to late, but if you get ahead of it you can start the story differently. This is were the crystal is a option that sets this world and ours apart. Get the jump on them and denounce the religions rullers, state they threated to spread lies to split the counters and take advantage of the religion, any claims or rumors spread than people would question as they are exactly what they were told the religions leader were planning to do, this sort of tactic works both ways, the reasons religions used it more was their ability to spread info was better.

Dex-chan lover
I am aware, the thing is he doesn't really need to counter their beliefs, he can state their belief are right, but that the current head of the church is corrupt and taking advantage of the religion. Will it sway them all, absolutely not, but it will sway some and potentially cause the religion to split into branches. Additionally it can let the public make a more organized effort of suppressing the zealots before they can fully band together. As well as making people aware of the problem and preventing sabotage of infrastructure or spreading of rumors which would be zealots main weapons.
Based on a comment in either the last part or this one, I think he is going to choose a path that will do something similar. I don't remember exactly what was said in the spoiler (otherwise this would be as well) so I cannot say for sure how close to what you are suggesting it will be.

Dex-chan lover

I am not forgetting that, But recall how that is done, rumors. The top zealots state them to the followers and let it spread. Once it does its to late, but if you get ahead of it you can start the story differently. This is were the crystal is a option that sets this world and ours apart. Get the jump on them and denounce the religions rullers, state they threated to spread lies to split the counters and take advantage of the religion, any claims or rumors spread than people would question as they are exactly what they were told the religions leader were planning to do, this sort of tactic works both ways, the reasons religions used it more was their ability to spread info was better.
Based on a comment in either the last part or this one, I think he is going to choose a path that will do something similar. I don't remember exactly what was said in the spoiler (otherwise this would be as well) so I cannot say for sure how close to what you are suggesting it will be.
Well, if you want spoilers
Souma permits them to be a state religion but refuses the title of Holy King. He then uses his position to select a good bishop who is on the outs with the papacy because he isn't corrupt like them, and has paperwork made up so any other religion can file to be a state religion, putting them on equal authority to the Lunarian papacy.

Dex-chan lover
Well, if you want spoilers
Souma permits them to be a state religion but refuses the title of Holy King. He then uses his position to select a good bishop who is on the outs with the papacy because he isn't corrupt like them, and has paperwork made up so any other religion can file to be a state religion, putting them on equal authority to the Lunarian papacy.
Yeah, that.
I would say that is the logical reaction. This doesn't risk antagonizing any but the most "devout" and most able to be influenced by what the religious "officials" say. And that was an "exclusive" "and" whereby both have to be true. (Not quite, really, the second part has to be true, not so much the first).

Dex-chan lover
His conclusion sounds a little far fetched NGL. Why wouldn't they send an attractive young women especially if she's also supposed to be a bride / bribe?
because hes saying they are a amalgamation of the traits his publically announced wives have aside from color her physical attributes are identical.

shes a golem or vatbaby or something.

Dex-chan lover
17ag29.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread