Genkai Dokushin Joshi (26) Gohan - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
I feel like she’s supposed to be fat but as expected manga dictates she has a supermodel body even though she’s that malnourished.

I know from the first chapter it’s obvious this wasn’t supposed to be realistic, but there’s a limit to how entertaining oogling a big booba girl living my life will be overtime.

Dex-chan lover
She is as hot as she is relatable :lol:
Anyways, that food misadventure came to be fruitful in a way thou. She remembered it can be fun to cook. That already took me a long while during the worse of my depression

Dex-chan lover
I feel like she’s supposed to be fat but as expected manga dictates she has a supermodel body even though she’s that malnourished.

I know from the first chapter it’s obvious this wasn’t supposed to be realistic, but there’s a limit to how entertaining oogling a big booba girl living my life will be overtime.

not really a supermodel body. Especially by Japanese standards. She just has big boobs, and those don't really shrink from malnourishment.

Dex-chan lover
not really a supermodel body. Especially by Japanese standards. She just has big boobs, and those don't really shrink from malnourishment.
“Bombshell body” or something to that effect, regardless it’s not like we’re shown that she’s flabby nor has her bones sticking out.

All we get are boob and butt shots. Even if Japan has even weirder standards in terms of size and weight, the manga is very transparently male-gazey. Even if what’s actually happening has nothing to do with her body.

If that simple detail was changed, this could at least pass as a convincing work about dealing with anxiety/trauma.

Dex-chan lover
it’s not like we’re shown that she’s flabby nor has her bones sticking out.

We do see some flab in certain panels. But It's kinda useless to argue about "male gaze". If she was traditionally attractive it'd be the same old comments and if she had any other body shape there'd be more "tailored" comments (thicc, flat is justice, mommy, yadda yadda). Can't really win, you can make an argument that any and everything is sexualized depending on the audience.

All we get are boob and butt shots. . Even if what’s actually happening has nothing to do with her body.

TBD. We just know she was chastised at work to a point that she withdrew from society for 6 months. And besides that we spent 3 chapters focusing more on her daily life. That falling out may or may not have to do with her body. And we see hints that that may have been part of the issue:

1. constant focus on healthy lifestyles in the media she watches
2. her attempts (and slight relapses) to eat healthier food. As well as her not eating at all for 2 days at one point
3. This image in particular of her work life:

89rhww4.png

actual drawing detail aside, she does stand out from the other women in sales. Or at least she perceives herself as so. Perhaps that was to her disdain in that particular job. It's only 3 chapters but it sounds like she doesn't appreciate her current physical appearance. I won't call it anorexia, but she's far from normal.

Double-page supporter
So... I know she promised to eat healthier foods, but did she have to keep eating those fish thingies if she hated them?

She failed at cup noodles, but you can buy plenty of rice and throw whatever other stuff you need into that. If she has a skillet for oil frying in Japan, she definitely has a rice cooker.
they were discounted and bought in bulk probably would've felt guilty not eating them

Dex-chan lover

She must be having the time of her life, having no exercise with a Kardashian body...

Those defy gravity too.

This is actually depressing. I bet its really like this for real neets, every single thing has either no meaning at all or all the meaning in the world for them pretty much. I feel like people in that state could just off them selves cus of making food the wrong way on an already shitty day.

Users who are viewing this thread