Genkai OL-san wa Akuyaku Reijou-sama ni Tsukaetai - Vol. 6 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Messages
180
Damn. Brutal.

I won't say Lapis' hatred towards commoners is misdirected because at the end of the day they're the ones who carried out this job. But it seems the real enemy is the nobility. Whoever that person is didn't like Aurora being a member of the Tenebrae family because of how powerful she is and sought to assissinate her is what my guess is.

Also shout-out to @Umesan for bringing this to my attention. I was thinking about it too with the emphasis on Lapis and Aurora's eyes. Lapis originally had black eyes while Aurora had rainbow-coloured eyes, described like the sky after the rain. Then at the end of chapter 29, we get a colored panel showing Lapis with sky blue eyes. It's might be obvious in hindsight but I assume Aurora transferred her consciousness into Lapis' body before she died.

It makes sense because even here after being attacked by commoners it doesn't seems like Lapis bears any ill will towards them. But we know Aurora intitially disliked and distrusted people. Lapis implanted the idea of punishing people who commit wrongdoings in Aurora. And because the "commoners" committed the ultimate wrongdoing of killing her most precious person, she now wants to eradicate them all. All in all, Lapis' (Aurora) behaviour aligns more with Aurora's intitial worldview than "real Lapis" who wanted to protect the kingdom. I don't know how I didn't notice that.

We appreciate you @Crowffee. Thanks for the translation!
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
604
Damn. Brutal.

I won't say Lapis' hatred towards commoners is misdirected because at the end of the day they're the ones who carried out this job. But it seems the real enemy is the nobility. Whoever that person is didn't like Aurora being a member of the Tenebrae family because of how powerful she is and sought to assissinate her is what my guess is.

Also shout-out to @Umesan for bringing this to my attention. I was thinking about it too with the emphasis on Lapis and Aurora's eyes. Lapis originally had black eyes while Aurora had rainbow-coloured eyes, described like the sky after the rain. Then at the end of chapter 29, we get a colored panel showing Lapis with sky blue eyes. It's might be obvious in hindsight but I assume Aurora transferred her consciousness into Lapis' body before she died.

It makes sense because even here after being attacked by commoners it doesn't seems like Lapis bears any ill will towards them. But we know Aurora intitially disliked and distrusted people. Lapis implanted the idea of punishing people who commit wrongdoings in Aurora. And because the "commoners" committed the ultimate wrongdoing of killing her most precious person, she now wants to eradicate them all. All in all, Lapis' (Aurora) behaviour aligns more with Aurora's intitial worldview than "real Lapis" who wanted to protect the kingdom. I don't know how I didn't notice that.

We appreciate you @Crowffee. Thanks for the translation!
Idk I might be misremembering but I think Aurora's plan is to have the commoners win the revolution, punishing the nobels in the process. I think she'll play the villain and aid the commoners somehow (maybe she plans to die in the process too)
Or at least that was the impression I had, would need to reread tho.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Messages
48
thanks for picking this up!!! the wait for vol6's official eng release has been painful 😓 imma buy it day 1 but still lol

and wow was not expecting a guy's eyeball to melt from this series. get their asses, aurora
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2024
Messages
2
i’m so happy this got picked up again! it’s painful been waiting for the official tl to come out, especially since this is my favorite series of all time, and waiting to see if the theory that Lapis was really Aurora and that she took over her sister’s life was true as well lol. anyway, i feel so bad for aurora. after seeing what she’d gone through, i can see what made her come up with such a horrific plan in the first place. also, holy shit magic that makes people’s flesh melt??
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top