Genkai OL-san wa Akuyaku Reijou-sama ni Tsukaetai - Vol. 6 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
3,211
Damn that was dark… poor mom yelling for help while being beaten to death…
Atleast it didnt go the route authors normally do in these situations…
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
832
Man, this was one hard chapter to read.

I get it that Aurora should not judge all commoners because of this (at the end of the day Natori is commoner as well) but man... these ones were some brutal men. Killing a women and a child, no wonder Aurora got so heartless she melted them away.

Hopefully Natori will be the one to calm her anger and bring things to proper justice. I didn't saw the raws so I have no idea how right I am but it looks to me that Natori may be this secret Saintness instead of Aurora.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 28, 2024
Messages
34
“‘I persist,’ continued the conventionary G—— ‘You have mentioned Louis XVII. to me. Let us come to an understanding. Shall we weep for all the innocent, all martyrs, all children, the lowly as well as the exalted? I agree to that. But in that case, as I have told you, we must go back further than ‘93, and our tears must begin before Louis XVII. I will weep with you over the children of kings, provided that you willweep with me over the children of the people.’

‘I weep for all,’ said the Bishop.

‘Equally!’ exclaimed conventionary G——; ‘and if the balance must incline, let it be on the side of the people. They have been suffering longer.” -Les Misérables

Even years later, Victor Hugo’s words always return lol. Very fascinating that Aurora is, or was, part of the proletariat that was oppressed by both her own class and the people above her. She was part of a slave convoy; obviously, the only people who can afford slaves are presumably nobles or bad actors (fellow human traffickers or crime lords). It’s no wonder that she doesn’t make a distinction between classes in her pit of “bad people.” To hit the hammer on the head, the people who adopted her were nobles. We’re still stuck in the medieval ages, on the grasp of presumably an industrial era (Lapis’ family literally owns a factory), so no anime waifu Marxist has released a manifesto.

Laois was too young to understand the implications of her words. With good intentions, she proclaims that nobles have a responsibility to protect those they rule. She’s literally looking above them, through a window, as she says this. I’m sure one of the anime bolsheviks would have a lot to say about this. In a horrible twist of irony, her family is killed by the people she just called precious. Years later, Aurora is planning a culling of the lower class lol. Of course, this isn’t the full scope of her plans considering she just ripped someone’s arm off while asking who the noble that staged the attack was.

This story is full of tragic ironies. I wonder if the author will address the elephant in the room of why Lapis and Aurora are literally doppelgängers.
 
Active member
Joined
Feb 16, 2023
Messages
14
I wonder if the author will address the elephant in the room of why Lapis and Aurora are literally doppelgängers.
No elephant, this is an age-old tactic. The appearances of continuity is far more important for maintaining power than actual bloodlines. If a noble couple is stuck infertile, they have no child to carry on the family line, and having an "illegitimate" child is either unpalatable or impractical, they just go orphanage hopping on the sly until they find a kid that looks like them. Change the kid's name, tell everyone you didn't mention them because they were sickly and you hadn't expected them to survive old enough to socially debut, and voila. This still happens in the modern day in some places (notably including upper-class Japan), and is actually easier, because the kind of people who are comfortable making a child abandon their past identity are rarely above making them sit down for a nose job. Finding a lookalike who was also a hypercompetent superhuman was just a lucky break.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
331
It's might be obvious in hindsight but I assume Aurora transferred her consciousness into Lapis' body before she died.
This seems overcomplicated. Right now it looks simple: Lapis (black eyed) was killed. Dad had Aurora (light eyed) take Lapis's identity. Eye colors sometimes change, that can be handwaved socially.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 7, 2023
Messages
960
This seems overcomplicated. Right now it looks simple: Lapis (black eyed) was killed. Dad had Aurora (light eyed) take Lapis's identity. Eye colors sometimes change, that can be handwaved socially.
yeah like, Aurora just took lapis' position and pretends to her now. Not that many people would even know they had different eyecolors to begin with so there's no need to overcomplicate
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top