Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 22 - True malice is only found in those you care for - 2

Dex-chan lover
Damn i kinda wanted to see MC on the run with the girl for a little while at least...

Dex-chan lover
What kind of stupid-?

So just because someone spread a rumor that his hair is black, the knights mobilized in hundreds and intruded on a high-status noble's property without a proper order to do so (it didn't come from the king. At most came from other high-status nobles, but obviously they are not allowed to intrude with military aggression on each other like that)? And his friends decided to join in? And a bunch of other characters I don't really remember, who did have the kings authority in this matter. But that guy also decided to try and kill the kid when he refused to get put under house-arrest? Instead of simply letting it go, or further come to an agreement (maybe the issue was who he told the kid to stay with? Or he could at least try to first ask what the kid could agree to that allowed them to know he would remain in the capital and have known whereabouts - maybe some compensation would suffice)?
And all this after the kid literally saved tons of high-status noble's kids, including the king's AND the king and pope themselves? AND the capital overall!? Directly after giving him awards?

I can get the unrelated nobles doing stuff, but the response (publicly sending assassins onto a noble's property to assault his staff) is much too exaggerated to be justified by mere rumors [they clearly had started themselves] (particularly because even if true, iirc there was no actual law against his hair? Or if there was, it at least didn't warrant execution iirc?). This thing would only damage their standing in general, even if it had succeeded (and likely resulted in a bunch of executions if the noble they intruded on, decided to petition the king and demand retribution for it).

Dex-chan lover
i hate this, so stupid, pick a side stop with the "ok we're gonna betray you, arrest and kill you because you have a hair color we don't like but we're also gonna just let you go and protect you". MC is such a doormat, no backbone at all, stand up for yourself MC don't let the backstabbers who's entire kingdom you saved get away with all this...

Dex-chan lover
What kind of stupid-?

So just because someone spread a rumor that his hair is black, the knights mobilized in hundreds and intruded on a high-status noble's property without a proper order to do so (it didn't come from the king. At most came from other high-status nobles, but obviously they are not allowed to intrude with military aggression on each other like that)? And his friends decided to join in? And a bunch of other characters I don't really remember, who did have the kings authority in this matter. But that guy also decided to try and kill the kid when he refused to get put under house-arrest? Instead of simply letting it go, or further come to an agreement (maybe the issue was who he told the kid to stay with? Or he could at least try to first ask what the kid could agree to that allowed them to know he would remain in the capital and have known whereabouts - maybe some compensation would suffice)?
And all this after the kid literally saved tons of high-status noble's kids, including the king's AND the king and pope themselves? AND the capital overall!? Directly after giving him awards?

I can get the unrelated nobles doing stuff, but the response (publicly sending assassins onto a noble's property to assault his staff) is much too exaggerated to be justified by mere rumors [they clearly had started themselves] (particularly because even if true, iirc there was no actual law against his hair? Or if there was, it at least didn't warrant execution iirc?). This thing would only damage their standing in general, even if it had succeeded (and likely resulted in a bunch of executions if the noble they intruded on, decided to petition the king and demand retribution for it).
This is the world of monarchy (this also happened in our world too)
The ones who sent the knights is one of the great dukes of the holy kingdom, and the decision was approved by the other dukes (6 in total). I think you know that the only noble rank 2nd only to the king (a royal) are the dukes (highest nobility). The dukes of this kingdom were afraid of hearing that Reiji is Child of Disaster. Whether or not the legends and rumors are true, they are simply not risking anything so they wanted to detain Reiji (yeah, it's stupid but this happens throughout the history even of our world; "guilty until proven innocent"). They are simply too afraid of someone potentially wielding a great power inside, much like how the strong countries in our world are using nukes (not launching them, only stockpiling them) as a sort of 'mutually assured destruction'. They'd rather have things in a status quo of which is made by themselves, and no power left unchecked.
And regarding them seemingly ignoring the king's prerogatives, that's just the way it is. Dukes can veto a king when they deem it fit. Even if the a king favors someone, they can look the other way especially after seeing how powerful Reiji is, adding to their own fears/paranoia about the matter of the Child of Destruction.

But yeah, I agree that this is still stupid. I mentioned this in the earlier chapters, the way the nobility is acting is the same way Demon Lords are born in other fantasy stories out there - in this case, if they piss Reiji enough, the Child of Disaster thing will really happen, well it will be their kingdom which will fall into disaster.

P.S. The margrave Mule, went there just to show everyone that Reiji is indeed protected by the king, and even if they try to veto the king's favor on Reiji, they either have to face the margrave (who is strong by himself) or worse, face Reiji who just slammed him on the ground.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of stupid-?

Half or maybe less of the things happened in this bodyguard arc happen in actual irl. Because its author writing at his own pace hes writing so many things at once, but still you need this much drama for the an anime to look good if it gets one

Dex-chan lover
This is the world of monarchy (this also happened in our world too)
That [it is a monarchy] was pretty much exactly my point. And yes, we have had rebellions in our world too. But not over superstitious discrimination of some minor vassal.
The ones who sent the knights is one of the great dukes of the holy kingdom, and the decision was approved by the other dukes (6 in total).
And not the king who actually had the authority to order military force being used against a noble.
I think you know that the only noble rank 2nd only to the king (a royal) are the dukes (highest nobility). The dukes of this kingdom were afraid of hearing that Reiji is Child of Disaster.
Fairly sure it was them who spread the rumor? Mc had dyed his hair. But sure, for arguments sake let's say their actually think this.
Whether or not the legends and rumors are true, they are simply not risking anything so they wanted to detain Reiji (yeah, it's stupid but this happens throughout the history even of our world; "guilty until proven innocent"). They are simply too afraid of someone potentially wielding a great power inside, much like how the strong countries in our world are using nukes (not launching them, only stockpiling them) as a sort of 'mutually assured destruction'. They'd rather have things in a status quo of which is made by themselves, and no power left unchecked.
Aside from how silly it is to perform such a huge response to mere superstition, ignoring the king entirely and all the other political ramifications... It is also not at all consistent to how I remembered the response from others prior, when he ran around with black hair with no issue (everyone just assumed he was a slave, but otherwise did not think it was an actual danger).
And regarding them seemingly ignoring the king's prerogatives, that's just the way it is. Dukes can veto a king when they deem it fit. Even if the a king favors someone, they can look the other way especially after seeing how powerful Reiji is, adding to their own fears/paranoia about the matter of the Child of Destruction.
Generally it involves a process to do so (can't just suddenly launch some secret attack). And there's a difference in vetoing the king, vs deciding that it is ok to invade other noble's and kidnap or kill their staff or others under their protection - without even some bogus fake legal justification!
But yeah, I agree that this is still stupid. I mentioned this in the earlier chapters, the way the nobility is acting is the same way Demon Lords are born in other fantasy stories out there - in this case, if they piss Reiji enough, the Child of Disaster thing will really happen, well it will be their kingdom which will fall into disaster.

P.S. The margrave Mule, went there just to show everyone that Reiji is indeed protected by the king, and even if they try to veto the king's favor on Reiji, they either have to face the margrave (who is strong by himself) or worse, face Reiji who just slammed him on the ground.
But in the process he decided that mc must be detained at some noble's place, and when mc disagreed, essentially showed that the king is in opposition to the mc by forcing a fight.

Dex-chan lover
I am fully expecting a time lapse so he finally stops looking like a toddler( seeing him throw that bear of a man really exceeds my suspension of disbelief capabilities). I still don't get why he would drag around Eva with him. Is she supposed to become the main romance now? I all feels kinda clunky, the whole arc was.

Dex-chan lover
If one duke acts with force without the authority of the king, that's a rebellion.

If all the dukes act with force without the authority of the king, that's the law now*

* Unless the government is centralized enough that the king has more military power than all the ducal houses combined, but at that point it's really more of an empire than a kingdom

Dex-chan lover
I am fully expecting a time lapse so he finally stops looking like a toddler( seeing him throw that bear of a man really exceeds my suspension of disbelief capabilities). I still don't get why he would drag around Eva with him. Is she supposed to become the main romance now? I all feels kinda clunky, the whole arc was.
Her becoming a main romance has been foreshadowed for a multitude of chapters now, though I still think his sister/friend/first love is going to remain THE main romance.
I agree with the age thing though, he atm should be in his mid teens so puberty should be hitting a little harder than it have unless the artist meant for him to remain an eternal shota.

Dex-chan lover
man this whole manga plot is all over the place, idek if it's worth continuing

the TLs are doing their damn best but it's just not an enjoyable read anymore

Dex-chan lover
That [it is a monarchy] was pretty much exactly my point. And yes, we have had rebellions in our world too. But not over superstitious discrimination of some minor vassal.

And not the king who actually had the authority to order military force being used against a noble.

Fairly sure it was them who spread the rumor? Mc had dyed his hair. But sure, for arguments sake let's say their actually think this.

Aside from how silly it is to perform such a huge response to mere superstition, ignoring the king entirely and all the other political ramifications... It is also not at all consistent to how I remembered the response from others prior, when he ran around with black hair with no issue (everyone just assumed he was a slave, but otherwise did not think it was an actual danger).

Generally it involves a process to do so (can't just suddenly launch some secret attack). And there's a difference in vetoing the king, vs deciding that it is ok to invade other noble's and kidnap or kill their staff or others under their protection - without even some bogus fake legal justification!

But in the process he decided that mc must be detained at some noble's place, and when mc disagreed, essentially showed that the king is in opposition to the mc by forcing a fight.
They aren't invading another noble, if he's in on it. He made it clear that he would back Reiji and get him out of this mess, if he swore his loyalty.

Anyway, the prophesy of the Child of Calamity is one thing, but Reiji already showed he has the strength to put down some legendary monsters, so BvS logic is that if there is any chance he turns that power against the Kingdom, they have to assume it is absolute and put him down first.

Dex-chan lover
man this whole manga plot is all over the place, idek if it's worth continuing

the TLs are doing their damn best but it's just not an enjoyable read anymore
honestly, I'm reading mostly because I'm a fan of the artist. It's the same with COOL works, if he makes something I'm reading it regardless of if I actually like it. but fanism only get so far, luckily I'm still interested in seeing how things go but I totally understand if people fall off this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread