Gensou Gourmet - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - The Master Inventor

Power Uploader
They still haven't mentioned what Humans are in this world. Are they mythical creatures said to have once existed? Hope the author tells us at some point.

I can’t mention this enough, this manga is very beautiful in my eyes. The diversity of races bonding together. No need of fighting or bloodshed. The lively streets, the beautiful scenery, it makes me feel like I’m there

Dex-chan lover
@ItchyLongThing
Yes, all these different races with defining physical traits all living together in such a civilized society is pretty cool to see

Dex-chan lover
Ooo, I really love it when a fictional universe truly portrays the culture difference in physical objects. For example, grated jerky (because the meat is as hard as rock) and a candle made entirely of cheese.

Most of the time, stories portray universes as parallel to our own with very similar cultural practices. It makes it relatable but loses the charm of fantasy by making it ground. Probably why I'm not that big of a fan of Tolkien works.

But then you have stories like these that portray how the environment forms it's culture and not the other way around. People and tools are the way they are because of where they live. Dragon steaks are tough because everyone has fangs, cheese is a candle because you wanted it melted.

These kinds of world building make the best kinds of stories.

Dex-chan lover
Man I just love this. That ship needs to set sail soon and having cameos from dragon girl needs to happen every <10 chapters at least.

Fed-Kun's army
Mmm cheese and bacon toast sound absolutely wonderful. And poor Sylphin, with how dense he is, she's in for a long haul lol. Thanks for the chapter as always. I kinda (selfishly) wish it got updated more regularly though.

Group Leader
@eviljackspicer Indeed, yes. The last chapter is so adorable.
EGn1QGA.png

Here's why
Are you sure?
WPrEwAF.png

@derpdederp as far as I remember humans are nothing in this world no one has seen or heard of them except for the MC so if they did exist they'd have to be ancient extinct beings that predate even the dragons so probably never existed.

@itchylongthing the Austhian War seems to have been the last great bloodshed in that world leading to a sort of global Union but the changes brought about by technological revolutions such as the one The Inventor is causing could become the catalyst for another large scale conflict. Honestly I can't see this story exploring that sort of issue so I think it'll be fine in the end.

@Scrabbleman is a man of taste, I totally get it.
There arent many world building stories out there that engages the readers like this one, except maybe Heterogenous Linguistics.

Users who are viewing this thread