Gensou Gourmet - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Phoenix Egg

I always daydream being an aristocrat after reading this manga lol

Dex-chan lover
Man, I was real nervous for the MC the entire time up until the princess arrived, but considering that she didn't flip out, everything went vastly better than expected. Even if it ends up having been a terrible idea, at least it's probably not some ridiculous offense if the princess was seemingly fine with it.

Dex-chan lover
I know he's obsessed with food an all but I thought our MC was supposed to be smart. He's acting like a complete idiot here. I mean at least hear the old man explaining the thing out, what has he got to lose...

Honestly the development in this chapter (and whatever consequences it will lead to, we don't seem to know exactly what yet...) seems really forced.

Dex-chan lover
oh boy he just cut her birthday cake didn't he
I knew something was off when nobody had touched literally what was supposed to be the best dish there...

Dex-chan lover
So this is how you manually skip dialogue, just walk away

Aggregator gang
Sylphin is so cute <3 I really love this manga. Everything is so natural. Best food you ever taste? Enjoy and muse about it quietly to yourself. Doing something rude by accident? The other party let is slide despite finding the act surprising. Thanks be to the translator.

Dex-chan lover
NPC: You really shouldn't eat that
MC: ....
NPC: ....
MC: So anyways I started eating it

Dex-chan lover
@Kevadu
Wisdom vs Intelligence

It’s like how a doctor might mistakenly throw water at an oil or electric fire, or how a rocket scientist might not know to not surprise a horse while standing behind it. There’s different ways to be smart.

Contributor
Egss are gross. Horrible texture and taste no matter how you cook it. Best to leave it as a binder in foods like cookies and cakes though.

Dex-chan lover
Feels stupid that the very reason he inquired about it ("why has noone touched it yet?") is the only part of the explanation he deemed unnecessary. I get that the guy was somewhat longwinded, but he did explain what it was, and was clearly building up to the actual question (even if mc didnt actually ask that, the extra praise and boasts was clearly his way to transition to that).

Contributor
Look how Sylphin is happy when he say she is good with knives.

Fed-Kun's army
Nothing beats eating a mythical egg with the country's princess ain't it

Dex-chan lover
yeah we all know the MC acted like an idiot here, that was obviously the main dish and for the princess to eat it first, BUT, if he wasn't that stupid he wouldn't gain that special moment with the princess (a posibly important matter later).

Users who are viewing this thread