Gensou Gourmet - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Light Road

Dex-chan lover
I didn't understand the purpose of the meeting. To drink wine?
Did the Germans in the 18 century have wine that glowed?

Fed-Kun's army
you could probably get something to bioluminesce , but safe for human consumption, how long a shelf life it would have, probably more factors make it impractical or impossible on a commodity product.

What ?
Wine that shines ? Where ?
Ice wine does not shine at all. Ice wine comes from grapes harvested in deep winter with minus degrees. Kinda desert wine, sweet.
And the Glühwein, which directly translated would mean glowing wine, is just wrong. The german glühen (glowing) also means heating up or anneal. Heated and spiced wine drunk in Winter.

Dex-chan lover
IT's completed let's crank this shit out fast and dirty so i can put another manga in the completed section

Dex-chan lover
@DrakeMaDx dude was probably using the shiny grapes they got from that noble family.

The description he made in his head is the IRL thing but his description with the mage is the fantasy one about it glowing only for some min and you have to drink it before then

This manga updates rather slow so people might have forgotten some plot points

I've never really understood this idea that magic or some other super natural power wouldn't have any real use in the real world. I mean most of human ingenuity was specifically aimed at ways to utilize energy and more efficient ways of using that energy. I find it really hard to believe that these people with this kind of power at their fingertips couldn't make good use of it, and immediately through it away from a different option. Of course I could just be missing something but I still feel like writers aren't creative enough with these powers they've made.

Dex-chan lover
Dude took the idea of Glühwein and then figured out how to make it literally glow in order to give it a new appeal, that's the whole point.

Dex-chan lover
@Watyerbottler tbh i feel like magic society will fair better in the realm of science if they develop their magic with science I mean they won’t have any problems with destroying their environment most of their power source is fairly renewable (assuming mana in their world is infinite) magic stones might even Have better storage capacity than modern battery and usually magic stones can be artificially made so again very renewable and they don’t have an expiration date unlike batteries here.

And if say mana is not infinite then there is the potential of converting energy to mana like say a wind power where wind energy is converted to magic energy.

Users who are viewing this thread