Getsuyoubi no Tawawa - Ch. 88 - Cheer-chan, Part 7

Dex-chan lover
If that was true then no idol would gotten married ever.

Yes, there is a imaged that is cultured and maintained but idols retire and you can be sure they do have relationships, take Nana Mizuki that is not only married but have a child and she is still active, for people that dont know who she is ... Ann Takamaki VA.

I think at this point its mostly a stereotype played to keep relationships of characters being stuck, depending on the work you see differences on how the subject is approached and this case its nothing but a excuse to have their relationship being stuck and this is kinda what this series became ... stale because nothing every progresses ever and we just get more stereotypes dumped, the twitter page is more interesting or was that the manga that doesnt want to expand on the twitter page but instead just do exactly the same but in a far less interesting way.

I am still reading this still but honestly, meh ...
I mean, you said it yourself, most of them are retired or VAs, who is not as worshipped as active idols. Here she is still an active one, and even in her prime no less. The manager outright said that the only reason he was allowed to be near her was because he wouldn’t touch her, if they are in a relationship the idol agency would immediately step in, if not forcing them to break up then it would be a mountain of “not to do list”.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, you said it yourself, most of them are retired or VAs, who is not as worshipped as active idols. Here she is still an active one, and even in her prime no less. The manager outright said that the only reason he was allowed to be near her was because he wouldn’t touch her, if they are in a relationship the idol agency would immediately step in, if not forcing them to break up then it would be a mountain of “not to do list”.

I picked a example of someone that is active, her last concert was Nana Mizuki Live Parade 2023.

The difference of a idol and a celebrity is that Idols image is of someone close as a celebrity is someone outside reach, its a manufactured image and this would end up being a very long conversation because there are many types, including AV idols that needless to say nobody would think they are virgins.

I dont think I mentioned this but one thing to remember is Japanese society is very private, this means you rarely see anything about the private life of what we call "public figures" unless they made it public, a reason for that is Japanese media is pretty much concentrated into conglomerates, this means any scandal is not only something they wont necessary want to cover to begin but also very easy to simply make it go away due to contacts such as what Johnny & Associates (a male idol company) have considering how they dodge then.

Another thing is as people love to focus on the "crazy fan" notion they ignore reality, idols (especially female ones) start very young and their image is maintained by their agency meaning they ended up losing control over aspects of their own life (such as hobbies, musical tastes, etc) in order for their image to be maintained, you very rarely see that aspect being shown because ... well, said conglomerates run all type of media and the high turn rate because its like sports, not everyone that plays collage goes into the big leagues.

The point I was trying to do is that the whole "they cannot date because she is a idol and their fans would start WWIII with weaponized incel gamer energy" is a tired trope (and I hate using that word) long been used and its used just to keep their relationship from progressing, in reality she would be far too busy to even talk to him to begin with, as I said what I dislike is the use of that stereotype were most of its use is to stall the natural progression of their relationship and this manga does this a lot, the only couple were progress actually happened was Prez and Sensei, the rest is just repetition.

Now if I want to blame then, one is because she is another airhead unable to understand her own feelings (its like the 3rd now? we have Kouhai and I think there is another but could be wrong) and second because he decided to be a freaking Simp, you could easily replace "Idol" for "Livestreamer" (well not because Livestreamers can be Idols too) and nothing would really change.

But this is what happens when you have one page every week on Twitter and you try to make a story out of it, expecially when so many characters havent been added to the manga (like Sada-Chan) I guess because this is now a multimedia project and we have to think of the anime costs dont we? Never mind the whole aspect of the Twitter pages was the diferent Tawara and not just a few, I know I am ranting now and I will stop.

Dex-chan lover
All this idol culture talk reminds me of that YT video about the weather girl idol scandal that went viral some time ago..
Basically all it boils down to is idol in a relationship = stock price damage = management don't want that = idols have to follow the rules. Crazy fans? Japanese work ethics? Nah, it's all corporate machinations as usual.

Dex-chan lover
I love it when people online try to give a meaning way deeper than what the author actually does. It's just a lewd manga for the sake of lewd and nothing actually deep about the plot, yet people are getting philosophical about it.

Dex-chan lover
I can't speak for you, but for me, it's the power dynamic. The guy gives her everything he's got, but she gives him basically nothing back, and constantly mocks him. In the other pairs, the girls clearly like the guys, and it's a give and take. Here, it's all take. Her attitude certainly doesn't help.
For me its more about the guy, like you said he’s doing all of that while still going “oh im just a friend”. He’s not pushing for anything and its this cuck like attitude thats really throwing me off. (+ the fact that he’s open about the fact that hes jacking off to her ??). Like no relationship would stay like that unless ur really pathetic.

Add to the fact that she did show she want to go out w him but she also isnt doing any move ?

I just think the writter did poorly on their character + the boring “ but im an idol :(“ trope

Does anyone in Japan lock their apartment door?
Not really, when I went with friends we waltzed into 2 different houses thinking it was our AirBnB only to find out it was the wrong house. Then when I stayed with my family they didn't lock their front doors when they're at home.

Dex-chan lover
The sad part is that the manager is right, he's not going to ever lay a hand on her (unless she needs to grow her boobs bigger).

Dex-chan lover
At the rate that these two are going, the only way for their relationship to move forward if something dramatic happens like a scandal where a fan sees the two or she's willing to give up/retire her work just for him.

This couple is currently stuck in a limbo state.

Dex-chan lover
oh shit i just realized, they are the first pairing that dont have that Gentlemen x Younger girl dynamic. wait are they? i forgor

Dex-chan lover
Just my 2pints but if she isnt an Idol then everyone would consider this wholesome because of the malewife trope. Yeah parasocial relationship sucks, culture difference sucks, but he's getting the ideal idol of his dream and she's getting all the attention of her only "true" fan.
In the original "web" version, it's kinda implied that the dynamic works both way because he wants her to be "free" in a way that she belongs to literally everyone as an idol, and she asks for his opinion in everything and follows suit. It's fucked up and I cant wait for these two to wrap it up so we can move on the Exhibitionist/beauty mark girl

Ore

Dex-chan lover
Japanese otakus' obsession with idols remaining unmarried until they lose interest/grow old always bothers me. Then again, that's the downside of their show business targeting the otaku audience that sinks a lot of money to "support" their idols. There's a sense of entitlement that comes with it, and it's too profitable for the companies to stop the cycle.
The whole idol scene seems alien to me. The fact that there is enough money around it to keep it going is even more baffling. I can't help but "sheesh" my soul out every time a regular manga includes a character from an idol background.

Everything I know about idols I learned against my will. What a fucked up scene, it's almost as bad as those mangas glorifying working their characters to death or whoring themselves (even as minors). Fuck this shit.

Dex-chan lover
every dynamic between the characters of this chapter is so retarded on every level

if he raped her and made her leave her job and marry him, everyone would be happy and it would be morally good

everything that gets in the way of that makes them unhappy and is also morally bad

Dex-chan lover
Cheer-chan's occupation as an idol is the author indicating her response to Childhood Friend-kun's confession in the first chapter, where he asks her not to belong to anyone else, an indirect way of expressing his feelings by asking her to never date someone else because he wanted her for himself, but wouldn't say that though, and it is made obvious by the author that Cheer-chan and Childhood Friend-kun's relationship is prevented from transforming from a platonic relationship into a romantic relationship, solely because the characters cannot be honest about their feelings for each other.

Cheer-chan and Childhood Friend-kun's relationship is heartwarming, sweet and humorous, which is why their relationship
dynamic is so great.

Users who are viewing this thread