Getting Images as a Blob file after right clicking it

Double-page supporter
Whenever I try to right click an image from a chapter to open in a new tab, I always get the file in a blob format something like this "blob:https://mangadex.org/5677abe1-a3c2-428b-a350-918822f550d0", and I can't download or do anything with this. If I try to remove the blob prefix, I just get redirected to an error page. Is this some sort of a container, and is there any way to disable this?

Solution
Is this some sort of a container, and is there any way to disable this?

Manipulating the image as a blob essentially means it's managed by our code directly rather than by the browser, which enables us to support all the fancy options the reader offers.

If you want to see the "real" URL of the images, you'll need to open your browser's network tab (F12 -> Network, usually) and look for the images in there. We might try to eventually offer a way to easily copy image URLs in the future, but that's annoying as it'd likely require replacing the entire native right-click menu, which would certainly lead to bugs, break some users' extensions, etc...

A bit of an annoying situation all in all :/
Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Is this some sort of a container, and is there any way to disable this?

Manipulating the image as a blob essentially means it's managed by our code directly rather than by the browser, which enables us to support all the fancy options the reader offers.

If you want to see the "real" URL of the images, you'll need to open your browser's network tab (F12 -> Network, usually) and look for the images in there. We might try to eventually offer a way to easily copy image URLs in the future, but that's annoying as it'd likely require replacing the entire native right-click menu, which would certainly lead to bugs, break some users' extensions, etc...

A bit of an annoying situation all in all :/

Solution
Double-page supporter
I see, thanks for the reply. I think its fine the way it is, the only problem here is the decades of muscle memory of right-clicking stuff to open in a new tab lol

Double-page supporter
and I can't download or do anything with this.
Erhm why? I have no problems Rclick->SaveAs the blob. Firefox even autochange extension png/jpg depends on original image. The only problem is filename because it's always "index" :D

Users who are viewing this thread