getting white screen on ipad [iOS 12 is not supported]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this issue started yesterday, but had a weird workaround that is no longer working. yesterday I went to load up the site for some reading on my ipad and was met with a white screen. the only way I got it to work was to type in the site address like that I was searching for it on google and then, it only worked on that tab. decided that it might just be a bug and moved to a desktop and everything was fine. then at night using the weird fix I caught up with updates and thought, huh might be cuse I've not cleared history for a while and did that and now its just white screen when I load the site in any way.

doing the basic mangadex access issue diagnostics,
ive cleared the cache, and i dont have any extensions, and the same issue is happening incog.
the browser is safari 12 (my ipad is gen 1 air and nothing else is wrong with it so) and the issue is also happening in other browsers that i have installed, chrome

Contributor
Might be out of luck as it seems to require ios 13.4 https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/browser-issue-megathread.1069425/ though since you say you got chrome /shrug
Just as an FYI....
Apple mandates that every browser on iOS and iPadOS use essentially the same rendering core as Safari, which is baked into the operating system. This in effect makes every browser on those platform Safari, just with different skins, and ties all of their core functionality to the version of the OS you are on.

Anyone figured out which browsers work on IOS12? or am I simply out of luck without upgrading to a new device? the chrome and firefox versions are no longer supported by mangadex. I only use my Ipad for reading, so it seems like a waste to have to junk it when it works fine for that otherwise.

Alternatively, any support of a Kindle or more typical ereader browser?

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Anyone figured out which browsers work on IOS12? or am I simply out of luck without upgrading to a new device? the chrome and firefox versions are no longer supported by mangadex. I only use my Ipad for reading, so it seems like a waste to have to junk it when it works fine for that otherwise.

Alternatively, any support of a Kindle or more typical ereader browser?

RogueKitsune said: ->

Just as an FYI....
Apple mandates that every browser on iOS and iPadOS use essentially the same rendering core as Safari, which is baked into the operating system. This in effect makes every browser on those platform Safari, just with different skins, and ties all of their core functionality to the version of the OS you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread