Giant Ojou-sama - Ch. 85 - Arrival! Giraffe P!

Dex-chan lover
For anyone that saw the comments for 84, I decided I would just go with what I've been doing. I don't know why the author made his name Jhirav when the literal translation in Katakana is Giraffe and they also even use a Giraffe symbol for him, but I just went with the easy path of doing things as I always have. Just as well, these chapters tend to get uploaded to other sites and so some people might get confused if the names suddenly change so drastically.

Dex-chan lover
Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka !

Dex-chan lover
Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka ! Gal Madoka !
Oni*

Dex-chan lover
Finally someone asking the real questions

But we can go deeper, how come we haven't seen any alt Gims yet!?
We did see him in the prototype chapter. He didn't really do much other than talk, but he didn't seem all that different.

Which is to say that Sebas has been perfect from the start.

Dex-chan lover
So for those who don't get why everyone got hung up on "Piraffe" like that, because of Japanese R/L blending, "Piraffe" can sound like "Pilaf", which is a type of rice dish.

Dex-chan lover
So for those who don't get why everyone got hung up on "Piraffe" like that, because of Japanese R/L blending, "Piraffe" can sound like "Pilaf", which is a type of rice dish.
I debated whether or not to use "Pilaf" but because the double meaning would fall flat on English speakers, I decided to go with "Piraffe." I was also still debating between using Jhirav or Giraffe. It was actually this joke that made me decide Giraffe because calling him Pirav just didn't sit right with me. However, as a result, I ended up not thinking too hard about how to make the joke work in English. Looking back, I probably could have had the dialogue go something like [P-raffe], [Piraffe], [Pilaffe], [Pilaf] but I'm just not very smart sometimes. Actually, now that I think about it, this site lets me edit chapters so I can just fix it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I think "P-raffe" or "Piraffe" is probably the better name to use in the long run if this guy shows up again, but spelling out the pun on page 4 like that is a nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread