Gift "Mugen Gacha" de Level 9999 - Ch. 87 - Please Be Prepared

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the mass release. I couldn't find a raw list, so if anyone could tell me how many chapters there currently are I would appreciate it.
Pretty sure the latest raw of this is chapter 87, though chapter 88 should come out in a couple of days.
...Does the author see that light would be a total villain or utterly corrupted in any other setting. Such absolute power and zealous followers who feed his ego would lead anyone down an utterly corrupted path. Light just needs to go full villain at this point because this is kinda dumb that he keeps holding back when he's shown to be pretty evil himself.
Uh this is a world of evil setting, light is literally a hero given the setting, his goal might be revenge but you'll also notice he only targets those who've wronged him or humans, and if you think of it like that this is technically a heroic revenge story.

If i'm being honest light's current mindset is completely justified and somewhat realistic given such a messed up setting, as he doesn't want to turn the world into a sea of blood, he wants to save his family, then humanity in that order while getting revenge at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how, but being heroes somehow gathers the worst people

Dex-chan lover
Did you come into a revenge plot about finding and torturing people expecting a Heroic protagonist? Self-seeking goals? Lack of morals concerning their accomplishments? Enjoying the torture of his enemies while ignoring those who have nothing to do with him? He's Anti-Hero 101, mate. Has been from the start.
If anything, he is pretty vanilla among revenge-seeking heroes.

For example, all the protagonists of "The Hero Laughs While Walking the Path of Vengeance a Second Time" are complete psychopaths. So edgy that you can get papercuts from reading a digital release. Same with The Dark Massacre of the Vengeful Hero.

I don't know how, but being heroes somehow gathers the worst people
They aren't heroes, they are The Hero Party - a boyband made for propaganda purposes. I don't think they ever even claimed to be a classic hero party since they were just a gathering of young generation adventurers that are way weaker than the official military forces of each kingdom even years after they disbanded.

Dex-chan lover
...Does the author see that light would be a total villain or utterly corrupted in any other setting. Such absolute power and zealous followers who feed his ego would lead anyone down an utterly corrupted path. Light just needs to go full villain at this point because this is kinda dumb that he keeps holding back when he's shown to be pretty evil himself.
Wait till you meet the 'hero'. Just saying.

Dex-chan lover
Okiraku Ryoushu no Tanoshii Ryouchi Bouei

second page you can see the first panel top right has the cleavage line but the top right panel it is censored out. some chapters even have just a black void there instead.....
Yep, there's even a chapter where they the changed character in question's sleepwear bikini/underwear into a gym like outfit.

From the comments, it was said the reason was because of DMCA takedowns, which is complete BS because who takes down a translation manga due to that when even the raw wasn't even censored in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
It would be funny if a past Light' in history had obtained the same skill, and their followers were actually the ones to establish the different races, after all Light's retinue of card-spun powerful maids etc do include different features. It would become a full circle. Or a never-ending loop?...

Dex-chan lover
Did you come into a revenge plot about finding and torturing people expecting a Heroic protagonist? Self-seeking goals? Lack of morals concerning their accomplishments? Enjoying the torture of his enemies while ignoring those who have nothing to do with him? He's Anti-Hero 101, mate. Has been from the start.
No, but this portrayal that he isnt really bad and is some sort of good guy is what gets me. I'm not bothered by the evil stuff he does, its how its framing him as if he's still a hero. Hell, that he even has morals at this point when he's shown to treat his followers like shit at times. This inconsistency is frustrating.

Dex-chan lover
No, but this portrayal that he isnt really bad and is some sort of good guy is what gets me. I'm not bothered by the evil stuff he does, its how its framing him as if he's still a hero. Hell, that he even has morals at this point when he's shown to treat his followers like shit at times. This inconsistency is frustrating.
...It's because he's an anti-hero.

An antihero (sometimes spelled as anti-hero) or antiheroine is a main character in a story who may lack conventional heroic qualities and attributes, such as idealism, courage, and morality. Although antiheroes may sometimes perform actions that most of the audience considers morally correct, their reasons for doing so may not align with the audience's morality.

Fed-Kun's army
anyone know a bit spoiler about the level system? after re-reading this, i want to know a few things (if possible)
  • is 9999 really the max level? with the appearance of a mysterious figure level 9000 human (?) i feel like there'll be some kind of breakthrough to surpass 9999 and the card rarity (even SUR card only provide Light with level 9999 character)
  • will Light pull another EX card besides gungnir? with SUR capped at 9999, i wonder what level it will be if an EX card character is pulled

Last edited:
Supporter
IDK that he's portrayed as a good guy in any real respect. If anything the author is hands off with judgment on Light's moral compass. It's clear that he's hell-bent on seeking revenge and protecting what's important to him personally, and shows no apparent qualms toward murder, assassination, execution, torture, be it from himself or his subordinates. He is given a small glow-up in terms of being the savior of the human race, but the existence of a savior doesn't automatically mean they are heroic or good. Light certainly could be considered an anti-hero but I feel more like he's a dark protagonist. He has yet to do any one single thing that is explicitly heroic. It's just that the ones he's pursuing are significantly more evil than he.

Users who are viewing this thread