Backstabbed in a Backwater Dungeon: My Party Tried to Kill Me, But Thanks to an Infinite Gacha I Got LVL 9999 Friends and Am Out For Revenge - Vol. 1…

Dex-chan lover
Not related to the chapter but, you know, something i noticed just now and hope someone can fix, the description of this manga lmao, since is a description based off the WN rather than the LN or manga, given that WN have 6 races but LN added 3 more and manga based on the LN, the 9 races being Humans, Beastfolks, Dragonutes, Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Demonkin, Onifolk and Centaurs (names based off the Official English LN, Official Manga use the same ones, since the fan translation in chapter 1 kinda mistranslated 2 of them)

Just copy paste the Sevenseas description or something

Dex-chan lover
I hate to be a wet blanket so many chapters in row, but after noting some improvements in the previous chapter, the quality of the translation continues to be rather poor, particularly in simple things such as grammar or typesetting.

And yea, as some people have noted, it's not unreadable. It's good enough to get the gist or hand wave away, though some of the earlier chapters were worse. Many other amateur and MTL translations on this site are far worse, and I consider even those acceptable, if not ideal.

But I find it almost egregious when the group has ensured all of their calls for commissions and attention to their own site are perfectly edited, formatted and proofread. But they can't extend the same level of quality to their actual scanlation. That's really my problem with it all.

Dex-chan lover
Finally, someone who can be talked to. So far, seems dwarfs are the least shitty of the races so yippee for small miracles.

Anyway, this ruin of a lost civilization sounds interesting and its no surpise Demons would know more then most other races. The Master was said to be fated to fight some Demon King so demons must know something.

Dex-chan lover
Dwarf king actually seems pretty reasonable and willing to respectfully negotiate and converse without being threatened. Hope it continues and he doesn't have some plans for betrayal like everyone else, pleasantly surprised of how chill a guy he's being.

Probably a fairly large side arc until next revenge but seems like it could still be a cool way to get into world lore at least.

Dex-chan lover
I think I made a similar comment last chapter, but the Dwarves seem to be the least antagonistic by far. They're the least driven by power- proven by the fact their King is literally chosen by Rock Paper Scissors and is considered a ball and chain rather than a reward. They're a bunch of borderline autistic nerds obsessed over research and item creation.

Even the Dwarf that betrayed the MC did so because the reward dangled in front of them for doing so was what they value most (Research time and funds), but he's still gone off the deep end like everything where you go for Research over Morals.

The other races are kind of not a surprise either. Elves have traditionally been typed as the 'Holier-than-Thou' racial supremacists, and they're very good in that role. Even in more widespread stuff such as TTRPG's, they're always the longest lived, and D&D 5e especially likes to shower them with boon after boon with nary a negative trait to be found. They're the ultimate Mary Sue race in such cases. Japanese stories tend to have the Elves take a Peaceful, hermit-like nature.
Dragonnewts, well, Dragon is in the name. Demons... Well, are Demons.

Basically, I'm not surprised the Race that are usually archetyped as Introverted crafter nerds with a fondness of alcohol are the most open to negotiations that would benefit their crafting nerd tendencies.

Man, its quite refreshing seeing somone like dwarf king. i mean, almost everyone is evil and when there are good guy they are weak or die soon after. and the expresion of Light and the assasin is quite genuine because they think other race is evil/racist but after yet that dwarf king behave like that. Sory for my bad english

Dex-chan lover
That's the deal with this TL group they're notorious with censoring. Cleavage, Pantsu or even underwears, they'll nuke it to the ground. They even went so far to redraw a character from wearing lingerie to a gym outfit.
From the latest chapter of Fun Territory Defense by the Optimistic Lord, apparently the group's website got reported to Google Adsense and they decided to sensor themselves to the extreme

Dex-chan lover
That's the deal with this TL group they're notorious with censoring. Cleavage, Pantsu or even underwears, they'll nuke it to the ground. They even went so far to redraw a character from wearing lingerie to a gym outfit.

I did not know about that. That's much worse attitude than I thought.

This stretches the usual gray area of scanlations quite a bit. Without them accounting for why they did so, one could only reasonably conclude they do so to make the work more PC for the ad providers on their own website. Which by the way is chock full of ads in every available nook and cranny.

This next might be a bit hypocritical, but coming from a scanlators background and never taking any compensation for it, I want to say going that far goes very much against the spirit of scanlation. I think it's exploitative when it just looks like they're churning out worse work than they could be producing while spending their maximum effort where it affects their bottom line. That's not "scanlation", it's exploitative unlicensed publishing.

Dex-chan lover
My dude here just wanna research since its neat i can respect that so what if I might as well literally be dealing eith the devil yolo

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the scanlation. The dwarf king was unexpectedly useful. definitely an interesting direction the story is taking now (ie MC not immediately resorting to solving problems with overwhelming violence, but instead choosing to go on an adventure to investigate the mystery himself)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread