GIGANT - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - Over there

Double-page supporter
This is a disaster of a manga. If it didn't have giant floppy boobs, I believe it would have been canceled a long time ago.

@criver I believe the writing is spectacular. And I have been read many many mangas. His style is purposely made this way, he doesn't lack details. He does it on purpose, the world is undefined so that it seems more real, all while pushing the envelope of fantasy and having absolutely obscene things happen. Hiroku sensei is a genius.

Dex-chan lover
@Kageshinogi
I believe the writing is plain bad. And I have read many many books. I never mentioned anything about detail, it's just inconsistent and nonsensical developments with the main goal of shocking. After the initial surprise passes there's nothing redeeming beyond the interesting premise and art. The author has original and interesting ideas - it's the execution that lags behind.

@criver Inconsistent and bad? How so. From the start there has been fore shadowing about ETE, the giant powers were demonstrated a long time ago. There has been no odd power ups, the only part that seems odd is the system itself (ETE) and thats more fantasy than bad writing. The characters have continued to act like themselves, and there has even been some character growth.

Dex-chan lover
@Kageshinogi I really don't plan to make a breakdown of why the writing is bad. But if you want something to chew on - then consider the unrealistic way the government handled Papico's case.

@criver Nor would I want you to. But just saying the writing is bad and that no one would say otherwise is a blanket statement, many people enjoy the story contained in this series. It's way better than the vast majority of popular Shonen. The government reacted in fear, 2 giants fought in a metropolitan city and did massive damage they aren't going to react positively because one giant said "HE STARTED IT!". It's the same way teachers punish students fighting even if one student was protecting themselves from another. Because the teachers say they should have just asked for help.

So it's a possible way for the government to handle the case, especially since they are all certain the cause is ETE its self, and they wouldn't assume Chiho is somehow special.

Dex-chan lover
@Kageshinogi

many people enjoy the story contained in this series. It's way better than the vast majority of popular Shonen.
These points are not exclusive of bad writing.

It's the same way teachers punish students fighting even if one student was protecting themselves from another.
The real world is not school. Ever heard of deadly force?

So it's a possible way for the government to handle the case
It is not. It is a naive idea and simplistic understanding of how the government, and people in general operate.

I'm just here to read naked fighting woman in a smut manga it is sometimes much more enjoyable than h manga for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread