Girl meets Rock! - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for this amazing suprise i honestly thought i not gunna see English chapter anymore

Dex-chan lover
thanks, was very sad about mangaplus translation being put on hold!
damn had to check the mangaplus site to be sure that sucks, hope this doesn't spell something bad for the series in the future

Dex-chan lover
Damn this was the first drama free chapter, and ironically enough came with real life drama :ROFLMAO:

Didn't know they stopped translating it, they didn't even bother telling us why in their notice. Thanks for the translation.
Apparently it is a incensing issue regarding the lyrics for the different songs being used in the manga, for example this chapter had a song by Mr Children on it

So until they figure out that problem they probably wont be able to continue, for future chapters they can always have fake songs, or false lyrics, and parody bands, like what the Jojo adaptations do, but the old chapters pretty much fucked up, and they would either have to pay up, or be re-translated

Dex-chan lover
thank you for bringing this here. i still want to see what Rin's cooking up

Double-page supporter
Damn this was the first drama free chapter, and ironically enough came with real life drama :ROFLMAO:

Apparently it is a incensing issue regarding the lyrics for the different songs being used in the manga, for example this chapter had a song by Mr Children on it

So until they figure out that problem they probably wont be able to continue, for future chapters they can always have fake songs, or false lyrics, and parody bands, like what the Jojo adaptations do, but the old chapters pretty much fucked up, and they would either have to pay up, or be re-translated
I get that it's legally possible to complain, but I don't get the motivation in this context. Reading snippets of song lyrics doesn't 'replace' listening to a song, no 'potential listeners' are being stolen. If anything, some readers might look up the featured songs and bands to listen to them, which is a good thing for those bands.

Thank you so much for the translation!! I wasn't sure what to do when MangaPlus announced they wouldn't translate it.

Dex-chan lover
I get that it's legally possible to complain, but I don't get the motivation in this context. Reading snippets of song lyrics doesn't 'replace' listening to a song, no 'potential listeners' are being stolen. If anything, some readers might look up the featured songs and bands to listen to them, which is a good thing for those bands.
Copyright laws are bullshit man

Dex-chan lover
But how the heck it can have copyright issue for the translation but not for the original?
Copyright in Japan it's different than in the rest of the world.

So, for works in Japan they can quote pretty much whatever they want after a certain period of time since release of the IP. That's the reason JoJo was able to get away with so much in Japan. If you release an IP without a branch in Japan to fight for your copyright you do not have copyright there (I'm talking out of my head and what I can remember here, maybe it's more complex than this. Feel free to correct)

Now, the same copyright laws do not apply to a translation being distributed outside of Japan. And that's what's happening now. And what happened with JoJo's. When licensing EU and US Copyright laws apply. And JoJo's had to come up with a goofy names for all the bands and songs they use in the series.

Dex-chan lover
Can’t wait for the hot guy to dump this fuckboy during the culture festival so he doesn’t get his 15 minutes of fame… :thumbsup:

He acted so offended by what Ayame said but dude’s plan is literally to peak in high school.

Users who are viewing this thread