Given - Vol. 7 Ch. 38 - 柊 mix_8

But it really was not cool of shizu not letting hiragi talk and just assuming things on his own. 😑😑

Am I the only one who is liking this arc?

I agree with @nekokyuuu about shizu misunderstanding hiragi. But what I understood from this chapter is that shizu does not want to be in a relationship where the other party (hiragi) is still in love with someone else. I think in his mind if hiragi loved him, he would have had in mind many things that he would have wanted to do together with shizu. When shizu leans in to kiss hiragi, hiragi didn't seem to be comfortable with the idea (that how I interpreted his facial expression), which is why shizu doesn't kiss him. And I think that made shizu think that hiragi is not actually in love with him. (I am not saying what shizu did is right because that was totally not ok)

About hiragi, I dont think he understands his own feelings. The author didn't really say if hiragi was or not in love with yuki (I didn't see anything indicating that). He could just be jealous of yuki and mafuyu's relationship, but either way, on the last page, hiragi says that he may have took advantage of shizu's kindness, which makes me think that he may just be "in love" with shizu's kindness because shizu has always been by his side all this time and stuff.

This is just what I understood.

Thank you for the translation!

seeing the raws i thought shizu was more or less right, if rather cruel. but like HOLY FUCK, SHIZU!
people forget that yuki WAS very good friends with hiiragi, it's completely natural for him to miss yuki! not even in a romantic context, if you were friends someone your whole life and they suddenly commit suicide, you're gonna fucking miss them! it's only been a year an a half at most. maybe it's enough for shizu to move on, but hiiragi clearly admired yuk greatly, whether romantic or not doesn't really matter. of course he's gonna feel lonely without one of his best friends.
from what shizu thinks it makes sense, he's only protecting himself after all. but he didn't let hiiragi speak at all, assuming he was right. from what i gather, hiiragi seems to be the kinda guy that takes things slow, if he wasn't ready to kiss or fuck right away doesn't mean he isn't in love with shizu! he was needlessly cruel, condescending and kinda disregarded hiiragi's feeling completely. it totally makes sense, and he was still rather.. kind, from his pov. but holy fuck i hope hiiragi yells at him for this. they need to get their facts straight.
i do love how the story's themes are explored in the different couples. letting go, jealousy, grief and hurt are all explored masterfully with the three pairs. i can only hope the resolution is as sweet as the previous ones have been. and in time for the love presentation lol, if they play with this unresolved it's gonna be so awkward for ue and the audience lol

hmm how do i put this into words.... I can understand what Hiiragi and Shizu's think about.. they need to talk and listen each other.
From this manga I learnt that communication is very important and listening other is more important. Gosh Yuki's effect is really strong, can they just to be happy? I wish there will be season 2😭

I am so glad to see people who are not hating on Shizu and are trying to understand him.
I hope to see all these from his point of view soon

Don't know why a lot of people hate shizu. From my point of view, shizu is the pity one. He has been in love with hiiragi for years you know. And shizu did that wasn't because he wanted to, he just wanted to make hiiragi realize his own feeling. That hiiragi didn't love shizu because hiiragi couldnt do what lovers do with shizu. And all this time he was lonely since Yuki's death. He used mafuyu as an excuse to continue Yuki's song. But i still don't know exactly that hiiragi's feeling towards Yuki is love or just idolize him. Well it hurts you know to be shizu. He has feelings towards someone that didnt love him and he kept being by that person's side all this time.

Users who are viewing this thread