Goblin Is Very Strong - Vol. 3 Ch. 24

Could it be that the old Mimit died and this is the new one? It was mentioned that Demons get a "rebirth" of sorts when they die but become someone else.

Dex-chan lover
page 3 : my guess is that mimit got r@ped , she no longer seemed like herself ... she acted timid and scared ...

page 13 : The Dokodemo Door of Doraemon ? https://doraemon.fandom.com/wiki/Anywhere_Door .

Dex-chan lover
@nyanpass My tone -> ^u^ (I'm bad at conveying tone online and I talk a lot naturally, just letting you know this isn't a rant)

It's okay, this person isn't a translator...yet. You definitely have to do your due diligence before you call yourself one, anything less would be disrespect to real translators. I have a sibling who studies Japanese in college, the homework he brings home is HARD.

You ever watch a Nintendo E3 show where the Japanese CEO is talking and an English speaker translates it on the spot into a microphone? That's translation. This here is not yet translation, it's a questionably-respectable attempt at trying to translate. His efforts are worth a certain amount of respect, but the moment he decides it is worth showing someone else as a "finished product" it is subject to a certain amount of scrutiny too. Measuring how much is an imperfect science, but I can definitely tell you that any 'disrespect' in this situation isn't necessarily a one-way street here.

It's incomplete, so it's only fair he or she receives incomplete levels of respect. You inadvertently disrespect those who have completed the journey of learning translation and perhaps even the work itself when you disallow yourself the right to give constructive criticism to the person's incomplete work under the assumption that you have no right to scrutinize. While criticism does come in many forms both harsh and kind, that same scrutiny has often led to the greatest improvements mankind has ever made. : )

So it isn't all bad, it's just that when you give someone an incomplete work you must be ready to accept that you may disappoint, anger, worry, frustrate or even simply put off some of your target audience. That goes for anything, not just translation.

The translation of this chapter is very hard to understand, but I feel that it's not just the translator's fault. The text bubbles are arranged in a convoluted way so it takes a while to figure out who is saying what.

@daywithoutgames
No one in the world is capable of doing that to Mimit.

Dex-chan lover
@daywithoutgames @Onsokumaru There are a few who could, the demon lord for example and maybe the demons in ranks 1 - 3, but it's pretty clear none of them did it. I suspect she learned something about the way the whole world works that completely terrified her. Maybe something like learning they're all inside a game?

@manabi
Hmm, maaaaybe the demon lord, but I feel the power difference is not enough.
Fortunately we found out the reason in recent chapters and it turned out quite wholesome.

Fed-Kun's army
Lol, first Bael tries to kill Goblin, but now they are pals? I guess if you are as good as Goblin, you can afford to be forgiving.
I wonder what happened to Mimit though, she must have had an extremely traumatic experience.

Ouch, I feel really bad for anyone reading this... My estimate is that about a third of the text (in this chapter alone!) is translated incorrectly so good luck figuring out what it means.

For example: in the last page Bael's wishing Goblin-san, the Demon Lord and Mimit would all die and saying something like "being complacent with peace is stupid", which is somehow TLed to her wanting to protect them...? And wanting peace at all costs? Bael wants the Demon Lord to finish off conquering the world and is disillusioned by how he never finished what he started, so how would that make any sense?

Users who are viewing this thread