Goblin Is Very Strong - Vol. 4 Ch. 25

Double-page supporter
Maybe I'm really tired. But this felt a lil hard to understand in some scenes.

Group Leader
@Duainfey @Nk9bjP4A From what I can tell
Mimmit is having a sleepover with Aki at Grannite's house, and Grannite decides to reminisce about the first time she encountered a ghost. It then turned out that the ghost was actually the Head Maid Essel, who was trying to assassinate the members of the royal family one by one. Grannite beat Ghost-Essel, and as such Essel decided to bide her time for the next attempt, but she began to grow attached to Grannite. Mimmit, being one of the first demons, was able to see that Essel was a demon (going by Essel's reaction) but hid it by encouraging Essel to pursue Grannite romantically (cause Yuri manga).

Spoiler tags because I don't know how the mods work these days.

Group Leader
Pretty sure this is being thrown into google translate, by someone who doesn't speak English well to boot. Kinda defeats the point of scanlating tbh unless the goal is to annoy other people into picking this up.

Dex-chan lover
Eh it wasn't that hard to undertand, maybe you are having problems bc English is your main language and you don't know any other?

Double-page supporter
I don't really have an issue with what is being said/written, some parts take a couple of reads to get what is going on. I just find the manga itself a bit all over the place at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
@Babydel
I think it is more so because there are a few bad transitions. Jumping from setting to setting without much explination up front as to what is currently happening. They tend to say it, but it is like a full chapter back and only mentioned in a bubble which was kind of set up like a side thought. Something like "They said they wanted to stop and visit those people." would be all the info given prior to the transition sometimes. This works a bit better in an anime because of how it is formatted, the inclusion of color, and it is easier to notice scene changes since people and background changes are more obvious. But in manga format, it can sometimes be overlooked or missed, especially when the clues are squeezed into text dump pages or between 2 importaint thoughts.

Dex-chan lover
@ixsaz
There's a difference between reading a story with a proper dialogue flow and connecting dots like a puzzle cos some parts of the translations is a tad bit rough these past couple of chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
It's nowhere close to Google Translate, most of the sentences still make sense on their own and none of them turn into random gibberish partway through like MTLs do. But it does seem like certain lines' meanings get lost in the translation, such as when Aki brings up Wasabi "downsizing" Granite as if that was related to the previous line said by the maid, but the maid's actual line isn't connected to that at all, and Mimit yelling "She did return though!" doesn't make sense contextually.

Power Uploader
@arrei thats a joke that doesnt translate, "to fire" and "to behead" uses the same verb so i tried to make it work in english as much as i could

and i dont get how "she did return though" doesnt make sense, they are talking about Goblin going to the pyramid and she did return which we saw 3 chapters ago

Dex-chan lover
Wait...what? Granite’s a princess? Why do i felt like i missed a plot or 2

thats a joke that doesnt translate, "to fire" and "to behead" uses the same verb so i tried to make it work in english as much as i could

"Terminated" would have worked well, or "sacked" for a more casual dialog.

Is English your native language? The last few chapters have been very difficult to understand. Do you have a proofreader?

Power Uploader
terminated might have fit better but sacked doesnt fit, the point is that aki is talking about wasabi violently murdering granite and her blood splattering everywhere so i was trying to say it in a way that sounded both like someone getting fired and killed (cut down) so i hoped "downsized" would be enough to make the connection

@wolvenworks you havent missed anything, the maids have been hiding it and pretending princess was just a nickname

Dex-chan lover
@kredim instead of "she did return though" perhaps "but she already returned" would make more sense?

Fed-Kun's army
@kredim

Without knowing the original Japanese, it's difficult to describe exactly what part is off, but "She did return though" didn't make sense following Aki asking if the pyramid was where Goblin went and leading into Mimit crying about Goblin having to rebuild it. Saying "return" sounds odd when they didn't previously mention going there a first time in conversation, and the "though" is out of place because that word is meant to subvert a previous statement, but Goblin having to go back to the pyramid doesn't subvert Aki asking if that was where Goblin went. Alternatively, the line was supposed to be something like "She already returned though" as in she already came back from the pyramid, and the following sentence needed to clarify she was going back once again to rebuild the whole thing (since, as we know, she destroyed the entire thing)?

Users who are viewing this thread