Goblin Is Very Strong - Vol. 4 Ch. 28

Power Uploader
It didnt just buff her speed but every stat, even above the limit so her spell couldn't reduce it to zero anymore

Dex-chan lover
"Speed" is how much you can do in one turn, on the other hand, "quickness" is how often you get a turn.
That's the same thing.
It makes no difference whether I can act 10 times per turn, or get 10 turns at a time.

Dex-chan lover
You're thinking about it wrong it's not 10 turns at a time it's actually getting to your turn. There's a huge difference between the two. One is the amount of the times you can act when It IS your turn. quickness is when you actually manage to get to move.

It's like if in chess speed is i get to move 10 pieces per turn. while quickness is how often players switch to get to make a move.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn’t ready for that

Talking about stats I find a mistery even how the Angel broke the 999 limit. If Goblin didn’t do it in her entire “stat caps +” life, really strange that it could have done it just by stacking the same stat...at least in a normal situation.

Maybe the trick was really the egg outside the barrier? The part inside the barrier and the part outside in some way were able to act on different paces BUT “resonating” in a specific moment?

Using chess as analogy only makes sense when both players normally alternate turns, despite the difference in speed (if any). When "how often you get a turn" is quantified in numbers, you have to refer to turn gauges instead, which basically is a bar that fills up according how fast your character is, and when it's full, it's that character's turn. When it's 25 vs 10 agility, for example, the character with 25 agi will have their bar filled up two times and a half before the character with 10 agi finally gets a turn. which is why if your agility is 0, you'll never get a turn.

I've never known a game that has two types of speed like this though, cause it's simply redundant. Going by this manga's terms, a character with double the speed of their opponent will attack twice as many times. A character with double the quickness will also attack twice as many times. Not just attack, includes using items or spells and stuff.

This is why mixing turn based elements into real time scenario makes no sense, since despite it being someone else's turn, you can still act.

Power Uploader
@novarime im thinking of quickness more as a multiplier so someone with 500 speed and one quickness is no different then someone with 250 speed and 2 quickness

aside from mimit im guessing everything only ever has one quickness and no way to influence it though

Dex-chan lover
She'll be fine. She'll definitely be fine. Nobody actually dies, after all. She'll just say it's an after image with blood and and a tangible body, or something hilariously cliche. There were no death flags at all.

Dex-chan lover
Speed is how much you can move per action.
Quickness is how often you can take action.

Best I can think off is Devil Survivor. Every charachter has some quickness that determines the turn order. When it's your turn you can chose to attack, move on the map, use special skill or change demons. Speed determines the order off atack if you enter combat.

Dex-chan lover
Goblin is very strong.
Mimit is very quick? (I assume its meant to be tl'd as initiative?)
Aki is a very large dove-egg.

Dex-chan lover
For those that are confused, here's an example from FFX:
Quickness is turn order, so Haste or Slow affects how often a turn would come up. Same with Quick Hit. A Quickness of 0 is "Stop".
Speed is how many attacks you'd get in that turn. So for Wakka that could be 12 in overdrive or 2 with Doublecast.

Make sense?

Also when did this suddenly become a tragedy. Q_Q

Fed-Kun's army
Ok why are all the cutesy manga I’m reading all doing a 0 to 100 real quick on the darkness scale?

Users who are viewing this thread