Goblin Is Very Strong - Vol. 4 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
I dunno why people are confused about the speed vs quickness thing cause LOADS of games do it in some shape or form.

Dex-chan lover
Don't fucking do this to me, NO, PLEASE NO!

SlowCreativeFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

Dex-chan lover
Well, either Mimit is rescued, or the vast majority of the readership is alienated. My bet would be on rescue. Probably by Granite.

Group Leader
With the shear numbers of is this loss memes to back up my thinking... I would suggest that the vast majority of readers are in fact mature enough to understand and accept loss rather than be alienated, as you’d instead expect from some kind of young child. Sadness does not equal rabid hostility I.e. Also, it would appear Japanese manga has more depth than American cartoons sometimes 😳

Dex-chan lover
@Belisar

Telling someone, in effect, that he or she is a big baby if he finds something objectionable is a truly wretched argument ad hominem.

Truly killing a character 28 chapters into what began as a light-hearted comedy and has routinely featured characters rescued from actual death would simply be inappropriate. One doesn't kill Laurel or Hardy, nor have Komi-san raped.

Group Leader
Well. I do find it interesting you would assume I was talking about you or anyone specifically for one. And two. To inform, I was suggesting that being alienated is a rather extreme reaction for people, a reaction you’d expect from your big baby for instance. And I was in fact stressing that I felt most readers are not big baby types, and are in fact adults or are at least mature enough to take edgy things like plot development. Even from a comedy with such dark themes as death/rebirth versus complete death as they have been alluding to since the very start.

Aggregator gang
@Werebearguy No death flags? Really? How many times in the past 5-ish chapters has Wasabi mentioned that she's concerned that Aki will kill Mimit? It's definitely been brought up.

Dex-chan lover
@Belisar
I do find it interesting you would assume I was talking about you or anyone specifically for one.
It wasn't an assumption; it was an inference. And that inference followed from your not simply responding to a claim that only I had made, but your having cribbed my wording. Likewise now, even though you didn't explicitly address your next comment to me, I can infer that it was in response to me. Spare no only me but all the readers here your passive-aggression.
I was suggesting that being alienated is a rather extreme reaction for people, a reaction you’d expect from your big baby for instance. And I was in fact stressing that I felt most readers are not big baby types, and are in fact adults or are at least mature enough to take edgy things like plot development.
That argument ad hominem doesn't get less wretched through repetition.
Even from a comedy with such dark themes as death/rebirth versus complete death as they have been alluding to since the very start.
Rebirth is not an intrinsically dark theme as has not been treated darkly in this series, and not only has no sympathetic character truly been killed in the previous chapters, but the author has made a point of having characters that are the least bit sympathetic (such as the crawling victim in the pyramid) be provided restoration. You're trying to cast this series as a far darker comedy than it has been in order to get around the reason that readers would be alienated without being big babies or otherwise in some way deficient.

Double-page supporter
It looks like she is going to die. But, this is magic world. She could have substitute skill, to take one hit.

But, I will wait for the next chapter if she actually died. She has a bit conscious before the reveal. So, there is possibility.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it's just demon.
+
Remember, kids, to overcome area of effects and auras you need balls bigger then said area.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@feha The comment mentioned you, and then he edited it. That causes phantom pings. Nothing we can do about that with our current system.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this manga turned dark and weird long ago, quite strange you haven't noticed till now

Dex-chan lover
Meh I don’t truly buy that mim is dead as we been told time and time again, monster disappear when they die.
Plus this is still a light hearted manga so they wouldn’t seriously kill off one of the main characters. At worst I’m suspecting she transferred her mind/soul into our heroine to lessen the control of the angel.

I saw it coming but that doesn't make me any less sad about it. I guess we'll see if it sticks or not though.

Whaaaat how dare this suddenly get serious, it's supposed to be a comedy. I don't accept tragedy!

Dex-chan lover
This will return back to comedy in the next chapter, right guys?

Users who are viewing this thread