Goblin Slayer Gaiden 2: Tsubanari no Daikatana - Ch. 2

I'm thinking they re-booted it? Like the first version was a pilot and now they are going forward with a new artist or something?
If you compare the chapters it's following the same plot points.

So... This rebooted? Well at least the new artstyle makes it more understandable

Dex-chan lover
Something's wrong with the art - perspective & proportions. They gave this to some newbie artist.

Im glad that they rebooted this one but she deserves a better artwork, at least like the first one.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for continuing the translations. I wonder if the art will get better over time though

Dex-chan lover
The new artist really favors more willow-y proportions, like the gems in Houseki or how many characters are in One Piece, facial details makes me think of Claymore of all things though. In time they'll get used to getting the facial details. The actual art detailing, armor and clothing done by this new artist is very nice though and I really can't complain when it's this well done.

Edit: The samurai's floating hat near the end though... that's an error that makes me happy for some reason XD

Dex-chan lover
I like this artist more, all i can remember from the other one were the tits.

eugh, I prefer the old art and character designs more. This one is more clear though

Dex-chan lover
I thought this was canned, so they just went with a new artist?

Fed-Kun's army
What a downgrade in quality,Japanese readers really have shit taste.

hmm, it seems the art changes in many possibilities due to certain reasons :
1. The artist were not able to work on the drawing which perhaps work overload and it have been passed to the assistant/a newbie.
2.The artist is in a rush to submit the manuscript as the deadline approaches and one of the files were suddenly mixed(example chapter one draft were put inside the finished folder accidentally)
3.there is a certain changes made in one of the panels which should have included as we can compare, as example : the first artist were drawing the first chapter were introducing the MC and his parties , during recruiting the priestess , there should be a fight with the rude customers in that chapter but it was settled with third party interference only . Then out of sudden , the author decided to change the scenery by stating that a fight scenario should be drawn then followed by the lord/third party presence.Since the fixing request was an emergency , the artist were not able to do it since he was working with other things which resulting to rely to his assistant/newbie.

I think the main reason most of us think the art got worse/ugly is because it's way too diferent from the original series' manga and other spin'off
also Sword Maiden's TOO UGLY in this one why?!?!

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I think this is okay.

But, it doesn't feel the same with Goblin talking. Not yet anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread