Goblin Slayer

I think the wording of the note in the description has everyone confused...

"Note: There are no english scanlations of this manga. The chapters on the net are the official YenPress chapters. As long as they are in publication they are not allowed on MangaDex."

What everyone seems to think this means: No English scanlations are allowed because it has been licensed in English.

What I believe is actually meant: As per MangaDex rules, you may not upload official chapters if the publisher is still distributing said chapters. All English versions that MangaDex staff have seen either uploaded here or on other sites have been either direct rips from the official release, or have used the official translation/script, and are thus disallowed on MangaDex. If a scanlation team should take the raws, translate them, then use those translations in their unofficial release, those chapters will be released. However, as the English release day is the same as the Japanese release day, and people are simply ripping those official chapters and uploading them to other sites, no team has bothered to scanlate them, so stop uploading the official releases here.

I could be wrong, in which case section 2 of the rules should probably be rewritten... However, considering plenty of other licensed series--including some translated and published by the same company such as "I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level" and one of the Goblin Slayer spinoffs-- have chapters available here, I really don't think I am wrong...

MCM

@Hank no need to get all high and mighty.
I read the note and saw what was done, there were way more chapters in Spanish, they were forcefully removed. A comment section isn't made for extended conversation so I'll keep it short.
It was no rip from the original releases as they were not even out in either France nor Spain, yes I do buy the official releases and there's almost a 4 months time latency between releases, there's no English release available near here and the old time argument of "they lose sale due to piracy" is a forfeit one, just go to a book store, read it there and don't buy it, it's the same and many have been doing it even before scans were a thing, I'm not going to argue on the value of the appreciation of an author's work by buying his work because I'm one of those guys that feed on scans and buy the release in my native language afterwards. And no, I'm sorry but I only heard that the anime was crazy gore and scared off little kids, didn't know much more than that.

TL;DR : don't just assume everything, chapters were taken off the site before any manga was released in Spain & France (don't know why nor by who but they were), you can't go against piracy in the year 1991+ and expect to win, still didn't watch the anime 'cause I'm just a reader type and no need to be a jerk about it all, we're just having fun reading here.

Yay. . . . . . Yen Press is doing the translations. . . . . . .
You know the drill, word by word google translate quality translations with no attempt at contexting or nuance. . . . .

And they're probably gonna to follow through on translating the WHOLE. . . . . MANGA, because Goblin Slayer makes lots of money.
Oh... BOY. A monopoly license on translations, and it's given to these guys. . . . . . .

------------------------
Btw, Crunchyroll can kiss my ass. Judging a property by episode 1 is disgusting, more reason to not give those video downgrading, never upgrade their website monsters money. Yeah, way to go at backstabbing the makers of Goblin Slayer guys.

I just can't stomach that a fansub pirate website went legit and is now acting all preachy and pretending to be moral guardians while backstabbing customers, Funimation and various companies who make the anime properties.

Dex-chan lover
I detest Yen Press. They're so slow, and their damned claims keep us from enjoying the things we like - and they hold the original writers hostage.

Fed-Kun's army
The latest chapter have a lot of mistranslation. They even screwed up some basic common sense like which one is left/right hand (Image clearly showing right hand, translated as left hand)... seriously, fuck Yen Press!

alguien sabe de donde son los traductores el español usado fue extraño,por ejemplo la palabra llavee que usaron en vez de cerrado o cerré para referirse a la acción de cerrar la puerta.

English language is BANNED in this title section right now. You are (not) welcome, anymore. Ahhhh, so satisfying to say that.

Also, el название do pahlawan ahora é "ASESINO DE GOBLINOV"!

-------
@zeuznova: https://es.wiktionary.org/wiki/llavear#Espa%C3%B1ol - cone sur :)

JakkRo

if español
Gracias por el link desconocía que era usada esa palabra en Argentina y Paraguay.
then
Thanks i did not know, it was used in Argentina and Paraguay.

a little programming joke.

Fed-Kun's army
i just found out what happened. Holy shit, FUCK YENPRESS!!!! Their "translations" are waaaaaaayyy too fucking slow

All this bitching about Yen Press is hilarious, if not retarded. There's nothing stopping scanlators, or the commentators, to scanlate the series. Fact is that the official translations are up to date, and so no bothers to scanlate it(just like no one bothers fansubbing because of CR). Yen Press is not responsible for lack of scanlations.

If you think they are "slow", or have "shitty Google translations", learn Japanese and scanlate the damn thing yourself please

Users who are viewing this thread