God of Cooking

Honestly not bad. I know nothing about cooking but its fairly entertaining and im really just here for the romance but yeah, it's worth your time. Art isn't bad either.

I take it it's one of those "the light novel was batter paced" situations. The story is just going super fast.

EDIT: Well, despite the rushed plot, this is actually really good.

I like how the mc doesn't get flustered by every "move " kaya makes and just plays it off or joins in like a fuckin normal person would do. unlike some MCs where a single sensation of a woman would immediately get them embarrassed or flustered

Dex-chan lover
I'll say this with bias as a novel reader.

The story moved too quickly that it quickly passed by some somewhat important parts of the story for me.

Personally, I wouldn't have mind if the story here took its time.

Either way, I'm glad God of Cooking finally got a web comic adaptation

Damn, the rating dropped from an 8.5 to 7.7 just because of pacing. Novel readers are a fickle bunch

Wait... did they, whilst in the US, go out for a drink? In a Pub? That had "Oldest Pub In Manchester" on the sign? And had the interior of a Japanese family restaurant?

It feels bad to say this since it's spreading the name of the novel but the manhwa is just mediocre. It rushes through the story set by the novel at breakneck speed causing plot holes that were explained in the novel (like minjun's sister watching the program with the Americans in ch. 7). I'm also not sure why but someone(author,artist,editor pick one to blame) is changing the characters' physical and personality traits at random.
e.g.:
-Kaya is supposed to be much harsher and gave an impression of having an incurable case of RBF(resting bitch face) in most of the grand chef arc.
-Anderson should be more of a stoic, prideful personality(which makes sense because of his upbringing) but is forced to accompany minjun in a panicking visual gag ch.5?
-Marco is depicted with some timidness so I can't complain about that but if I'm not mistaken he's supposed to be quite overweight in the novel whereas he's relatively fit in the manhwa.

Maybe it's nitpicking but if they're willing to compromise a character's traits and the original novel's writing to draw things differently I'm not sure if they have their priorities straight making an adaptation of a novel.
Details about the story aside I don't know if anyone else is feeling it but I get lost trying to track the places the characters are in at any one time. It might be a side effect of them rushing through the story but the constant changing setpieces in the story makes it hard even for someone who's read the novel to tell where the characters are exactly.

All in all the novel deserves better imo but I'm biased since I actually like the novel so take this with a grain of salt.

I haven't check the novel, so this is an opinion from a only manhwa reader
It's not bad, but it feels weak... the romance feels a bit too forced and at the same time everything feels weird, like if they were rushing it by giving no explanations or enough information

Power Uploader
It feels bad to say this since it's spreading the name of the novel but the manhwa is just mediocre. It rushes through the story set by the novel at breakneck speed causing plot holes that were explained in the novel (like minjun's sister watching the program with the Americans in ch. 7). I'm also not sure why but someone(author,artist,editor pick one to blame) is changing the characters' physical and personality traits at random.
e.g.:
-Kaya is supposed to be much harsher and gave an impression of having an incurable case of RBF(resting bitch face) in most of the grand chef arc.
-Anderson should be more of a stoic, prideful personality(which makes sense because of his upbringing) but is forced to accompany minjun in a panicking visual gag ch.5?
-Marco is depicted with some timidness so I can't complain about that but if I'm not mistaken he's supposed to be quite overweight in the novel whereas he's relatively fit in the manhwa.

Maybe it's nitpicking but if they're willing to compromise a character's traits and the original novel's writing to draw things differently I'm not sure if they have their priorities straight making an adaptation of a novel.
Details about the story aside I don't know if anyone else is feeling it but I get lost trying to track the places the characters are in at any one time. It might be a side effect of them rushing through the story but the constant changing setpieces in the story makes it hard even for someone who's read the novel to tell where the characters are exactly.

All in all the novel deserves better imo but I'm biased since I actually like the novel so take this with a grain of salt.
Consultation I saw on the web https://www.novelupdates.com/
And I only had +220 and in the file it says that I finished with 730 chapters I think.
But since 2021 there is no update, do you know where to read it after that for free.

Users who are viewing this thread